HorribleGoat

Optical Camouflage material research

21 hours ago, Whitefame said:

HorribleGoat, in your youtube video for the lost dragons camouflage test you get a much cleaner look then what I currently get. did you use a different rvmat for that effect?

Sorry didnt spot your question before!

The man is made completely invisible and the effect is done with the attached blue blobs that get the refraction effect cleanly. Its only tweaked a bit so that I get the noise blurry effect and not just the normal glass like see through.

I can't see enemy on the distance over 100m in multiplayer due to my grafics and small monitor! Now with this mod i won't see enemy in 10meters! I'm totally f@cked!)))

Spoiler

Image result for predator meme

30 minutes ago, Rayko said:

I can't see enemy on the distance over 100m in multiplayer due to my grafics and small monitor! Now with this mod i won't see enemy in 10meters! I'm totally f@cked!)))

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for predator meme

Lucky for you this isnt exactly a mod yet but a theory on how the effect could be made! :D

• Like 1

Not sure why you're posting that video here; I mean it's just a lame HideObject - hence why the AI doesn't even react when shot upon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HorribleGoat said:

@sammaelI wouldnt want to promote ripped content on my thread so could you remove the link.

it was video.Not link to download or something. this mod stay on SW 2 years -so I`m not doing something illegal.

anyway-I remove this.

12 minutes ago, sammael said:

it was video.Not link to download or something. this mod stay on SW 2 years -so I`m not doing something illegal.

anyway-I remove this.

Please think before you post, and if you know its a illegal content, perhaps report it on steam. Anyway back on topic.

Any updates on this? Im curious if anything OP did could be done via scripts rather then configs because well...I have never done anything with configs before. So im curious if anyone's got some sort of example/demo I can learn off of.

On 5/12/2018 at 7:12 PM, namenai said:

Any updates on this? Im curious if anything OP did could be done via scripts rather then configs because well...I have never done anything with configs before. So im curious if anyone's got some sort of example/demo I can learn off of.

Have not really come up with anything else related to this. Hiding default characters/objects that dont directly support the refracting shader can be done with different means but they may not look as nice. For example hiding the whole object and attaching another object on top of it that can use the refracting shader.

Hi here 🙂 i actualise this topic because i working a mimetic cloak for my nautilus submarine.

In first ty very much for your experiences share with refract shader in materials.

I obtain this rendering with rvmats and super shader apply on my model and your rvmat apply a cloak 🙂

but underwater i observing troubls with alpha chanels and this do not working corectly.

but we can apply a refract shader with next pass that is diferent effect but fix a troubls with water alpha chanels and permit also one light refraction and cloak, the model is cristalised.

i send a movie when i obtain one conection on my computer.

Just a heads up for anyone playing around with this concept.

You cannot see the refraction effect through many of the optics, such as the RCO.  

Test it for yourself, look at the exhaust on a vehicle, you will see the refraction effect. Then look at it through the RCO 2x scope, the refraction effect is no longer visible.   

yes that is a alpha chanel troubls stburr91.

you can't see refract because alpha chanel from your scope create this troubl 😉

ok finaly my conection is restored 🙂

you can see here in first a basic refract rvmats you have write with alpha troubls and my alternative with nextpass.

with next pass you obtain one cristalised textures effects and you can off course disable a lights and shadows refractions on the model for obtain one correct mimetic effect 😉

ambient[]={5,5,5,1};
diffuse[]={0,0,0,1};
forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,1};
emmisive[]={0,0,0,0};
specular[]={0.5,0.5,0.5,1};
specularPower=2000;
mainlight = "none";
nextPass="Nautilus\camo\sklo.rvmat";
PixelShaderID="Super";
VertexShaderID="Super";

class Stage1
{
texture="nautilus\camo\refract_ca_nohq.paa";
//texture="nautilus\data\tex_nohq.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,0};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

class Stage2
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1,DT)";
uvSource="worlPos";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,0};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

class Stage3
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.0,0.0,0.0,0.2,MC)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,0};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

class Stage4
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0,AS)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,0};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

class Stage5
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0.7,1,0,SMDI)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,0};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

class Stage6
{
//texture="nautilus\camo\refract_ca.paa";
texture="nautilus\camo\refract_ca_disp.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,0};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

class Stage7
{
texture="nautilus\camo\refract_ca.paa";
useWorldEnvMap="true";
uvSource="worlPos";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,0};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

your rvmats with super shader and nextpass define.

ambient[]={5,5,5,1};
diffuse[]={0,0,0,1};
forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,1};
emmisive[]={0,0,0,0};
specular[]={0,0,0,1};
specularPower=2000;
renderFlags[] = {"NoTiWrite","NoReceiveShadow"};
mainlight = "none";
PixelShaderID = "Refract";
VertexShaderID = "Super";

and sklo rvmat

you can observing i use a renderflags with noreceiveShadow

and mainlight = "none";

this permit to refract a lights and shadows 😉

• Like 2

finaly after learn more about a super shader and refract shader i have finaly find a simple way for simulating a cloaking with super shader 🙂

nextpass working only with glass shader and refract shader do not use stage in material file and c'ant be used for simulaing a cloaking.

the first rvmat describe on this topic not working corectly because a stages define in rvmat is not corectly defineds.

a stage 2 and stage 6 for super shader required fresnel value instead textures.

specular[] = {0.1,0.1,0.1,0}; permit to reduce a light reflection on the fresnel and offering one really good rendering  and light refraction for this shader.

of course a stage7 reflection is also important i have working mu custom _co texture for that .

Spoiler

ambient[] = {1.0,1.0,1.0,1};
diffuse[] = {1.0,1.0,1.0,1};
forcedDiffuse[] = {0,0,0,0};
emmisive[] = {0,0,0,1};
//specular[] = {1,1,1,1};
specular[] = {0.1,0.1,0.1,0};
specularPower=80000;

PixelShaderID="Super";
VertexShaderID="Super";

class Stage1
{
texture="nautilus\camo\refract_ca_nohq.paa";
uvSource="none";
};

class Stage2
{
//texture = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.1,0.1,0.1,0,DT)";
texture = "#(ai,64,64,1)fresnel(1.4,0.3)";
uvSource="none";
};

class Stage3
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0,MC)";
uvSource="none";
};

class Stage4
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1,AS)";
uvSource="none";
};

class Stage5
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(1.0,1.0,1.0,1,SMDI)";
uvSource="none";
};

class Stage6
{
texture = "#(ai,64,64,1)fresnel(1.4,0.3)";
uvSource="none";
};

class Stage7
{
useWorldEnvMap="false";
texture="nautilus\camo\refract_co.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,0};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

@cervantes Looks like youve put some effort into this indeed.

Do you have any pictures on how that material you set up looks like in game? I do wonder about your use of fresnel in the stage2 as that stage is supposed to take in a texture file. Are you sure what you put in it does anything?

yes for that i have check a window_set rvmat works by bohemia and check diferent customs rvmats works for glass or windows for customs projects and see a DT can be replaced by fresnel in the stage2 ;).

how you can see on this movie a nautilus is one large submarine and is really hard  visual detection when he are underwater and static 😉

also my _CO texture is working in black and white color for a perfect neutral adaptation to env colors around a submarine.

this texture is one simple white alpha bubulle on totaly black background color 🙂

Thats pretty cool indeed! From distance its probably impossible to see if it stays transparent like that and does not have any reflections that would give it away.

Im myself still looking into how to best use the refraction shader as I like how it looks like the air simmering. I dont think that effect can be done with other shaders

yes i have also testing this damned shader ^^

but you are alone actualy to find this reaction with super shader 😉

but this shader do not work corectly with alpha chanels and he are totaly usless underwater and with alpha optic textures 😉

i have discovering one interessant addons in steam workshop for add a pbr shader into arma3.

that is one really amazing shader and that working with substance painter.

but im really noob with substance painter i use that actualy with blender for unwraps my uvs and decimate polygons for my shadow volumes 😉

and i have no idea how working a custom shader for arma3.

i think if you really want use refract shader to work yourself a custom refract shader 😉

On 6/10/2020 at 2:45 PM, cervantes said:

yes for that i have check a window_set rvmat works by bohemia and check diferent customs rvmats works for glass or windows for customs projects and see a DT can be replaced by fresnel in the stage2 ;).

how you can see on this movie a nautilus is one large submarine and is really hard  visual detection when he are underwater and static 😉

also my _CO texture is working in black and white color for a perfect neutral adaptation to env colors around a submarine.

this texture is one simple white alpha bubulle on totaly black background color 🙂

I'm trying to get this same effect and script it for a mod someone else made (with their permission). I'm pretty sure I have all the right files but I am new to texturing and kinda lost on how to create the rvmat file. Would you mind explaining how to do this?

rvmat files are basically text files that are renamed as filename.rvmat instead of filename.txt

You may need to turn off file extension hiding that is on by default in windows.

1 hour ago, HorribleGoat said:

rvmat files are basically text files that are renamed as filename.rvmat instead of filename.txt

You may need to turn off file extension hiding that is on by default in windows.

LOL thank you so much!  ...I feel dumb.

hi CptDumbo d'ont forget also your rvmats files apply on your model required a super shaders for you can aplly a rvmat cloaking with setObjectMaterial 🙂

I am sorry for being dumb, but I am currently a bit confused on how to get this work, could anyone let me how to get this to work?
When I saw it I thought it was code I could put in for example; vehicles init, but that doesnt seem to be the case