Wiki

UK leaves Europe

It's official, the "leave" wins with 52%.

OMG!!!

Yes - even though this is terrible I think that everyone will see in the next years to what extend GB will really suffer from this decision. I mean, they basicly threw away all their privaliges and are still bound to the rules the EU makes for its markets. So this is like the most stupid decision GB could have made. 

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2016/jun/23/eu-referendum-live-results-and-analysis

My most favorit statistic is the one plotting avarage education and leave/remain votes. 

I remember a comment from China a few months ago about Trump and the uselessness of democracy. Here is more ammunition for their argument... 

EU in present form is failure, due to bureaucracy, EU stupid standards in political correctness, all migrant crisis politics, 
EU in current form would cause civil war for next generation (culture clash ca 2030) 
if EU would be ruled by other people it would work good
but now EU looks like schizophrenic union which from one side try to control shape of banana, telling that snail is "land fish", making crazy farming politics in some regions, from other side they try to connect LGTB with islam and fund all to anyone who doesn't want to work, 
it is fault of leftist politicians in EU Commission that this union breaks and more and more and more people are against being members of EU , there will be more exits in upcoming years if EU politics on islam, political correctness "hate speech" "gender" will continue , half of eastern Ukrainians also made revolt against those ideas (not only Putin agents, but usual people who are fed up with EU ideas) 
EU must change those leaders who cause break , all those Schultz ,  Verhofstad, Timmermans, Junkers etc. people cause their ideas lead only to conflicts 

shape of banana, boys in school told to wear girl clothes, jihad with 5 kids on welfare checks and benefits, banning weapons for civilians - this is wrong and thats why it breaks , the more they want to ban and control - the more people are against ! the more we pay for those who harm us - the more people are against - it is so simple to understand that only cultural marxist is against

of course British point of view is different than rest of EU cause for rest of EU it may be not benefiting (what is benefiting UK)

I remember a comment from China a few months ago about Trump and the uselessness of democracy.

commies do not like democracy cause people vote against stupid ideas , it was usually left wing when someone tried to ban something, forbid something , control something

usually right wing was for freedoms of choice , 

thats why many people hate commies - cause they want to force their idiotic ideas over others by force 

My most favorit statistic is the one plotting avarage education and leave/remain votes. 

i would like to see structure of it

cause MSc high iq engineer is not equal to "gender studies" "philosopher" "quality managment" "ethnography" "music science" MoA 

last years political studies and such like studies only degraded masters degree

• Like 3

What a pity.. when you hear the reason given by some people who wanted to leave, they're kind of dumb. The majority of European who live there are young and working so they do not cost much to the social security services... 

• Like 2

@Vilas : You will change your mind when 800 000 Polish workers will come home. I'm grabbing some popcorns to see how far right Eastern Europeans will react when their 'migrants' will come home.

About migrants, one good thing is that we won't have to manage UK border anymore, we will be able to clear Calais and send everybody across the Channel.

• Like 3

but now EU looks like schizophrenic union which from one side try to control shape of banana, telling that snail is "land fish", making crazy farming politics in some regions, from other side they try to connect LGTB with islam and fund all to anyone who doesn't want to work,

This.

I regret their decision to leave EU, as myself, being of Czech nationality, also live and work in Britain. Reason? Money, of course. I always liked this thing about Brits that they usually don't complain too much about not speaking exactly gramatically correct all the time. If they can understand you, they won't complain about missing 'a' and 'the' here and there (well, mostly). Only in UK I've seen Pakistani salesman who doesn't speak English very well selling you phone carrier services in a big shopping centre. :)

This of course won't affect people who are working specialized jobs as e.g. electricians and freelance server administrators like me, but there aren't many of us who do this kind of work and not being directly from Britain. So I think the main reason for their leave will be fulfilled then.

Also, they are saying it can take up to seven years for them to break off from EU.

@Vilas : You will change your mind when 800 000 Polish workers will come home. I'm grabbing some popcorns to see how far right Eastern Europeans will react when their 'migrants' will come home.

do you see difference between WORKING person and someone who DOESN'T work but sits on welfare checks, benefits, only prays and from time to time beat someone to force sharia or behead someone demanding to ban beer or ham  ? 

i believe Brits see difference between working person and not working person (especially religious fanatics trying to ban them things who do not often even speak English or who do not have any documents or ID and tell they are kids while they are adult men) , there is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference in stats - check for amount of percent of working by  religion, country of origin etc. migrants from post commie countries (which economy was destroyed by western corporations) work in 80-90%, migrants from middle east or africa - some stats show that only few percent work and majority takes only benefits (some stats say that 30% are illiterate, another 40% do not have any education even basic only religious) ,

it was EU leftism that caused this by idiotic politics ,

EU would be solid and cooperating if not this migrant crisis, if not political correctness if not other wrong ideas , with conservative rule - EU would be strong and united competition for USA, Russia, China etc. 

now EU is place where women are being raped and police shut mouth with afraid to be called racist etc. a place where someone tells to change diet to not offend muslims by ham and in the same time in some schools boys are told to wear girl clothes in "gender day" etc. this all causes that EU will break and probably in 15-20 we gonna have religious civil war in Europe (do not know who will win) 

i hope Brits know difference between working migrants groups and non working groups who threat them because of religious rules 

• Like 2

Sad, the world would be better for a united, progressive Europe, but ultimately no surprise.

The EU's failure to orchestrate a unified response to immigration (a derisible dereliction when it facilitates free-movement between members) or address corporate tax avoidance by multi-nationals (what body could be better placed) starkly reveals it as a servant of the wealthy few.

I fear things will get worse for the UK before they get better but can also see how at least setting some change in motion is more positive than hanging on to a status-quo dead set on growing the divide between rich and poor.

One might hope at least that the UK is now unlikely to have the TTIP shoved down its throat by an EU bureaucracy determined to pursue corporate agendas in secret and behind closed doors. However I wouldn't put it past triumphant Leave campaigners within the Conservative party to not immediately begin a new Project Fear which warns of the dire consequences for an independent Britain that doesn't sign-up (submit) to it.

• Like 3

As a brit and a remain voter, I'm 1)surprised and 2) disgusted

I was anyway, not at the fact that we're leaving at the fact that both campaigns stooped so low as they did, it was an insult to democracy, in every way, shape and form. Both sides chose to lie, feamonger, slander, hurt, maim and even kill, then martyrise.

I am utterly shocked at the way these 'politicians' handled themselves, redacting every shred of truth from both sides of the coin so as to drag this out into a fucking clown act. Choosing to misinform and garner 'celebrity' support as opposed to giving us facts.

They divided this nation and conjured up animosity and now as a result we are weak and broken, and the EU could help, but oh wait WE'VE GIVEN THEM THE FINGER!

I genuinely thought I was watching a damn movie, a shit, poorly thought out blackadder style comedy.

If the definition of 'british bulldog' is a lying, xenophobic, hate filled, scaremongering, vindictive piece of shit, as this referendum very well proved we were (both sides not just leave) then I will forever be a fact driven democracy loving independent of nation cucumber.

Now my dreams of visiting BI HQ are just that little bit further away...

• Like 4

I have greater respect for British people after this referendum..

• Like 2

Switzerland does quite well without the EU, and so will UK in a few years after the first months of restructuring. The EU in its current form is a eco-leftwing dictatorship taking away personal freedom bit by bit

• Like 3

and Norway is away of EU 

The EU in its current form is a eco-leftwing dictatorship taking away personal freedom bit by bit

+1 

plus islamization 

ecology is not that bad cause we have environment to protect but when i hear or read that another school propose to ban pork to not offend single muslim - i feel only anger , because EU (if not stopped) can turn into sharia enforced union (i am secular and i hate when someone tells me that i cannot do something because his god .... we have so many gods on this planet that there is no one and the only god)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r92bcFG-VOY/UXRcia1VLTI/AAAAAAAAGNc/0yfPusr6Jhw/s1600/304685_263063730471976_1389175332_n.jpg

http://img6.demotywatoryfb.pl//uploads/201602/1454943668_fqqpjj_600.jpg

mem says "on the earth we had 5000 gods , do not worry, your is the only one"

EU directives try to hit personal freedoms, now TTIP which we do not know what is even inside of it

EU politics should be rebuild and fixed before EU will break for good

EU was good idea when it was cooperation on basis of common civilization with honest fair play rules, with cooperation instead of dictating, 

i wonder who's next and when , cause this year if migration flood continue, can be hardcore another one another hardcore, than far right would win in several countries due to middle-east and african newcomers end only more and more violence we are going to witness till it will explode

EU social care system also is in danger (costs) which will make people more frustrated in next years or next decade 

I'm pretty sure UK will pay hard talking about economy about this decision, we're living in a connected world within a global market and in a total globalization process, divisive choice is the worst decision for trading goods and job markets in a modern world and if i'm not wrong most of voters were old people, the same that still living in a world that does not exists anymore and the bill will be payed hard by youngsters, more or less the same situation that drove Italy to the actual economical disaster, when old people are choosing for youngsters in this new modern world, the youngsters will pay with tears, huge sacrifices and unemployment,  i'm so sorry for the UK

Now we'll see how Northen Ireland and Scotland will react to that.

I agree 100% with Defunkt, I hope the Brexit will create a shock in EU and make it evolve in a sense that doesn't depise people's choices. France voted against Lisbon treaty in 2005 and nobody gave a shit about that vote.

But it's also sadly a boost to all ultra nationalist (and far left) movements across Europe, that are gaining power at each elections and are now ruling a few Eastern countries, and aren't far to win in Western Europe too. Short memories, nobody remembers XXth century and where all those nationalist movements leaded us ?

Withdrawal and isolationism will lead to European suicide compared to other parts of the world which are growing, Asia first. I'm not surprised Trump being happy to see EU failing that much.

• Like 3

Now we'll see how Northen Ireland and Scotland will react to that.

I agree 100% with Defunkt, I hope the Brexit will create a shock in EU and make it evolve in a sense that doesn't depise people's choices. France voted against Lisbon treaty in 2005 and nobody gave a shit about that vote.

But it's also sadly a boost to all ultra nationalist (and far left) movements across Europe, that are gaining power at each elections and are now ruling a few Eastern countries, and aren't far to win in Western Europe too. Short memories, nobody remembers XXth century and where all those nationalist movements leaded us ?

Withdrawal and isolationism will lead to European suicide compared to other parts of the world which are growing, Asia first. I'm not surprised Trump being happy to see EU failing that much.

I totally agree, we're talking about a world of a century ago and there are people that really want to go back to live in a kind of medieval age

talking about medieval ? read about sharia before talking that XIX or XX century was medieval 

you re wrong

this is not ultranationalism , this is simple conservatism, 

ultrationalism is different thing

and you forget many terror acts and massacres made by muslims in last year ? 

so Merkel Schultz Timmermans and etc. say to bring more people from africa, middle east .... yeaaa

you gonna have another massacres, another martial laws, another limiting freedoms, another supervision and laws that control everything

Withdrawal and isolationism

you really fail to see connection of that refferendum with terror act, migrants flood (and all troubles connected with it)  from Africa and Middle East ?

Brits wanted to isolate more cause already they have marches of guys who shout to enforce sharia, they had beheadings on streets etc. 

they had mass gang rapists who were not natives etc. etc. etc

this is all due to this migrant crisis, this is connected , it is not nationalism when people want to walk on safe streets !!!

it is not nationalism when people want to return alive from subway or theatre, it is not nationalism when people do not want to work on welfare checks for lazy bastards who do not work 

talking about racism and nationalism - what other cultures think about diversity ? lol ? 

• Like 1

The trend is that you will have your new Hitler(s) eventually. The difference is this time you're on your own. There will be no commies to withstand this new threat. Don't expect any help from US either. The whole world would stay at your borders and watch while nazi (or whatever form it will take) beast reverts you to medieval. As I see it, there will be absolutely no limits for them.

I totally agree, we're talking about a world of a century ago and there are people that really want to go back to live in a kind of medieval age

Counter-modern at its best. What you will get is by far worse than medieval age. In medieval age people have had at least some progress. What you will get is regress only.

@Vilas: mate, you're hillarious, as usual. Glad you're still hating on Islam, which obviously forms the secret conspiration behind the EU and their eco-left-sharia-pork-ban-gender-gay-laws, and is absolutely the one and only aspect of Britain's EU referendum. Spot on! By the way, when was the Polexit?

On topic: the EU really needs a shit-ton of reforming, and I'm saying that as a person which 1) lives in a country that greatly benefits from free trading and from fucking over the poorer EU states, and 2) that actually likes some European ideas, even though we're still decades if not centuries out from being that great society. If we could finally drop all the common values bullshit and go back to a peaceful free labour/trading/security union, I think the EU could become a lot more likeable. As others pointed out already, Britain will most likely pay a price on their economics. In the worst case, they get all the bureaucratic and regulative downsides from the EU through trade agreements and contracts, but without having any voting rights. Regardless of what you think of the EU, Britain likely made a strategic mistake here and is now in a weaker position than before. But time will tell, maybe it pays out for them in some way.

• Like 1

I must say that I didn't find it wise from britain to perform the brexit.

I do know the main reasons why they did this but they have to remember the consquences of their actions. are the consequences really worth leaving? The pound went down 40% in value being only slighly more than the euro now instead of like before quite high, shipping treaty's are all nullyfied and the EU sneaky as they are will still try to enforce their rules onto Britain. the only difference is is that Britain can't vote agains those rules anymore.

thing like this happen when people can't see the woods anymore because of the trees, they are to focused on the bad things and not on the good points.

this is all due to this migrant crisis, this is connected , it is not nationalism when people want to walk on safe streets !!!

it is not nationalism when people want to return alive from subway or theatre, it is not nationalism when people do not want to work on welfare checks for lazy bastards who do not work 

talking about racism and nationalism - what other cultures think about diversity ? lol ? 

Right. It's not nationalism. But nationalism is an easy solution for some problems.

Get the trend. Extrapolate.

If/when people will see their salvation in ultra-right (or ultra-anything) measures, they will for sure democratically vote for it.

If you disagree -- change the trend. I don't see it happening yet.

crazy - French president said Europe need bigger integration and tolerance , o my god they live in other dimension and only cause bigger anger, 

instead of changing minds and revert all wrong changes, they want to go deeper and deeper into mistake, do they really do not understand their actions cause counteractions of people

Can we least stay on topic, if you want to talk about Europe please use the European Politics Thread.

On topic: As a fellow Brit who voted to remain i am in shock today. Not really sure what holds for Great Britain now :(. I may have to consider moving to Nogova. 

• Like 5

Regardless of what you think of the EU, Britain likely made a strategic mistake here and is now in a weaker position than before. But time will tell, maybe it pays out for them in some way.

I think most likely to benefit are citizens of the remaining EU states provided the shock is sufficient to remind Brussels its mandate is derived wholly from the European people and not the multinational corporations that seek to profit from them. I dare say Greece can also expect a relatively easier time of things negotiation-wise for a while.

Juncker would be right at home in the upper-echelons of FIFA.

I think most likely to benefit are citizens of the remaining EU states provided the shock is sufficient to remind Brussels its mandate is derived wholly from the European people and not the multinational corporations that seek to profit from them. I dare say Greece can also expect a relatively easier time of things negotiation-wise for a while.

it would be that way if they acted according to logic

but they act against logic

after shootings from illegal guns they said to ban legal guns, after some religious violence they said to step back and give more place to this religion, 

after Britian showing middle finger to deeper integration, they say about bigger integration

politicians act like they wanted to cause bigger crisis and UK referendum shows that politicians still do not understand and are against people will - politicians live in other dimension and do not understand what bothers people - like in old time, there was a joke about revolution, 

hungry people want to behead king, king asks soldier "why they are protesting" , soldier said "my king, they do not have bread" than king answers "why they do not eat cakes instead" 

EU politicians do not understand it still , British people said what they think (probably mostly natives) and EU leaders still do not understand "why" and their first reactions are "we need bigger integration" (reaction for such words are obvious, people in other countries want exit referendums, cooperation and friendship works only voluntary )

but i believe process of UK leaving EU will be that long that it will not be really working refferendum, UK will re-sign some deals with better conditions for UK, just joker card from sleeve in economical negotiations , and as Norway and Swiss functions - they will be functioning (but after few years ) like Norway or Switzerland without problems

exit may take decade ! it is not tomorrow, all "armagedon" cries are not meeting real situation of such long process , noone shall close borders next week, noone shall change technical standards etc. simply some bureaucrats will have to change jobs 

and UK is not leaving Europe

UK is leaving EU - organization led from Brussels (Lizbon treaty was rejected by Irish people than gov. repeated voting) 

Europe is also Norway, Switzerland, Serbia, Belarus, Russia , Moldova, Iceland, Ukraine - countries with similar civilization roots as EU members 

Oh well. Little England it is.

Thank-you for damaging my future, old people.