ivan keska

Attaching spawn point to a sector?

So i've figured out how to set up the sectors, but I can't seem to make it where once a sector is captured it becomes a spawn point. So you can now spawn on that zone, until you loss it or enemies are in the area. Also this is for vehicles as well, so if you capture say an airfield aircraft would spawn and respawn if killed as long are you hold the area. Now of course if a bluefor sector is captured by opfor then opfor can spawn there and their vehicles would spawn there as well.

idk how to change spawn points with eden but there r some functions for that.

BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition

BIS_fnc_removeRespawnPosition

idk how to change spawn points with eden but there r some functions for that.

BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition

BIS_fnc_removeRespawnPosition

Well not change the spawn point but more turn it off and on, based on if this sector is held by this team.

Well not change the spawn point but more turn it off and on, based on if this sector is held by this team.

That's how.  If you control it make a respawn point there, if you don't remove it.

That's how.  If you control it make a respawn point there, if you don't remove it.

but how do i make the spawn point get enabled and disabled based on who controlls the zone.

In your Sector module you have a field called statement.  You can use that to run code, with access to these arguments:  [moduleownerSidepreviousOwnerSide].

sectorRespawn call BIS_fnc_removeRespawnPosition;
sectorRespawn = [(_this select 1), (_this select 0)] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;

I think that should remove the existing spawn for that sector, then add one at the module's position for the winning side.  If it switches sides again it'll remove that one and swap to the other side.

Probably want to have this as it's init:

sectorRespawn = [west, this] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;

For West to start things off for example.

• Like 1

In your Sector module you have a field called statement.  You can use that to run code, with access to these arguments:  [moduleownerSidepreviousOwnerSide].

sectorRespawn = [(_this select 1), (_this select 0)] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;

I think that should remove the existing spawn for that sector, then add one at the module's position for the winning side.  If it switches sides again it'll remove that one and swap to the other side.

Probably want to have this as it's init:

sectorRespawn = [west, this] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;

For West to start things off for example.

I have a few questions about this. I understand where the top part of your post is suppose to go, but for the part where you say "Probably want to have this as its init" I have no idea what this means. What init? is it a Trigger, SQF, or Sector init? And another question is how would I replicate this for east?

i no this is an old post and editor has prob changed since 2016 when this was posted but im tryin to get the respawn on capture points to work also and just come across this. when looking in the sector module there is no statement field just an init box do i need to just add 

to the init box? and also where does this go will it also go in the init box? sectorRespawn = [west, this] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;

cheers for any help freak.

Set your sector up as normal including side logics for the sides competing for the sector.

1. Add a game logic Systems > Logic > Misc > Unlock and sync it to your sector.
  2. Add a trigger and set its side to Blufor, set as repeatable, sync it to the unlock created above.
  3. Add a Systems > Module > Multiplayer > RespawnPosition place it where needed, set side to Blufor, sync it to the trigger above.

Repeat the above for each side (changing the trigger and respawnPositions side) competing for and needing a respawnPosition at the sector.

sectorrespawnunlock.png?raw=1

When Blufor ( decided by the side entered in the trigger ) captures the area the respawnPosition will become unlocked.

When Blufor lose the sector the respawnPosition will become disabled.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:27 PM, Larrow said:

Set your sector up as normal including side logics for the sides competing for the sector.

1. Add a game logic Systems > Logic > Misc > Unlock and sync it to your sector.
  2. Add a trigger and set its side to Blufor, set as repeatable, sync it to the unlock created above.
  3. Add a Systems > Module > Multiplayer > RespawnPosition place it where needed, set side to Blufor, sync it to the trigger above.

Repeat the above for each side (changing the trigger and respawnPositions side) competing for and needing a respawnPosition at the sector.

sectorrespawnunlock.png?raw=1

When Blufor ( decided by the side entered in the trigger ) captures the area the respawnPosition will become unlocked.

When Blufor lose the sector the respawnPosition will become disabled.

This is wrong
You need to have the trigger first then the unlock logic

On 6/19/2021 at 2:44 PM, Tyl3r99 said:

You need to have the trigger first then the unlock logic

No, you don't, you have the unlock and then a trigger that signifies the side that unlocks(Activation = Blufor, Opfor etc).

Only if you are using the old way of setting up a sector manually( using a location_area ) would you have a trigger before the unlock( the sectors area ).

Otherwise, the new sector as pictured with no location_area already has its trigger incorporated, so you sync the unlock and then the trigger that signifies the unlocks condition( Activation side ).