lukinator96

TAF - Tanoan Armed Forces

Description:
This adds Tanoan Army faction to the game.
Tanoan military lacks armor, modern equipment and even protective gear. Their goal is mobility, so they have
really light equip, helicopter support to make it fast to the target and LRRP that stalks jungles for weeks long.
Their best description is light infantry.

Features:
New poorly equiped faction of Tanoa Armed Forces, armed with Apex weapons and Redphoenix's sexy M3A1.
New jungle P42 camo.(2 new uniforms, PASGT and Watchcap in P42 camo, plus pilot coverals with Tanoan flag)
Quadbike with FFV feature, some reskinned vanilla vehicle like AH-9, Zamak, other vehicles' textures were not touched.
Using Apex french voice protocol.

Requirements with links

Knows bugs and problems:
-Some config errors about adding turret to quadbike, sorry, I don't know how to rid of them
-Quadbike gunner's legs clipping into the wheels, but sorry, I can do nothing with only config there.
-When you fire from quadbike, it's really quite in third person view. Don't know how to fix it.
-Choppers lack new textures, that's because Lynxes hiddentextures are not usable and I was too lazy to create new texture for Merlin chopper. Maybe next time.
-I believe it's not ALIVE compatible, and I couldn't use TAF faction in mission in mcc_sandox. Feel free to help me with it.
-Yeap, no new models, retexture of vanilla. Hey, I am new to the A3 modding club.
-Don't look at my Tanoa flag in modfolder, it's ugly in details, I got my hands growing out of my beverly hills :c

Screenshots

8NUn5Dgq1bg.jpg
Z1j3OR7gT1c.jpg
JZGPbi3eUSw.jpg

Authors confession
Yeah, it's another one no new model hiddenselectionchangingtexture mod, I am sorry. I know you old guard guys are sick of these. I am too.
I had a big(or I think so) experience with modding ArmA 2 models, but most of my projects were
WIP or for my own usage, cause I didn't think their quality was enough to make them public ones.
I didn't try to get it through with arma 3 model.cfg(which is real pain for me), so it's only textures for now.
I hope, everything is cool now in addon and config because I am really good at forgetting about fixing some little errors or missing them.
Feel free to tell me, If I should go on with this project or not. I personally like the idea of Rhodesian-like Tanoan old-school light infantry Army, stalking in jungles, but do you need it guys?

Download link
Is here
  • Like 4

Just a heads up, but your mega download link is lacking the decryption key.

Other than that though, good work. I was quite surprised when APEX was apparently lacking any homegrown army for Tanoa.

Just a heads up, but your mega download link is lacking the decryption key.

Other than that though, good work. I was quite surprised when APEX was apparently lacking any homegrown army for Tanoa.

Sorry, my bad, first time using mega. Fixed.

Yeah, I think I can. 

is that aussie cammo?

Nope, it's USMC WW2 Jungle camo.

• Like 2

I really like the idea of this! I was shocked to see there was no Tanoan army faction with Apex, modern or otherwise. Have you considered perhaps using CUP (Or RHS) to expand the Tanoan arsenal? Perhaps some light armour and vehicles (M113's or HMMWV's), a huey would go amazingly well with these guys. I really hope you continue to develop the faction :)

I will try porting vehicles from A2 on my own, so people who want to use the mod won't need to download even more mods to play this one.

• Like 1

I will try porting vehicles from A2 on my own, so people who want to use the mod won't need to download even more mods to play this one.

Good luck with that, as porting any vehicle takes considerable time. Hope to see the TAF expanded, have you come up with an logo/insignia for the addon? As i could add a skin to my Mig-21 pack for the TAF.

Good luck with that, as porting any vehicle takes considerable time. Hope to see the TAF expanded, have you come up with an logo/insignia for the addon? As i could add a skin to my Mig-21 pack for the TAF.

Mig-21 would be awesome addition to TAF, thanks!

About logo stuff, I don't really have an idea but to use their default flag right now.

• Like 1

suggestions

for the name

"Armée  libération de Tanoa" in that manner you may use french language and maori/fijan characters

Vest: 

use the AAF vest but with olive textures that you find in marksman addon are quite similar to the FIji army

r114206_359608.jpg

in that case you may use the military clothes in sindikat faction

Vest: 

use the AAF vest but with olive textures that you find in marksman addon are quite similar to the FIji army

r114206_359608.jpg

I had an idea of using combo of viper harness and press vest, so it looks kinda like fijian army with their alice webbings.

wPdWDs9cPis.jpg470_fiji4.jpg

• Like 2

IMHO the press vest doesn't fit well 

i mean this, because The "Armée  libération" is not strictly a regular army with ordnances etc

0_uDr2QX22_bYjsKPntqKobup8IbtVpbGgcKCdzE

in this case you may use the camo pattern already in game and use a t-shirts

obviously is my taste

in this case you may use the camo pattern already in game and use a t-shirts

I see your point, but we do have here different visions on the Tanoan Army. By using the different camo I wanted to separate them from Sindikate faction, so it was clear who is guerrila and who is goverment force.

• Like 1

Updated the the download link with 0.2 version. Changelog:
-Vest and viper rigs added to units.

-Added asian identities.
-Fixed some classes.
-Changed quadbike FFV animation to one, which fits better.

-Added MH-9.

About vehicles, yeah, porting them on your own is a hard work and the worst part when you see that quality of it just not worth it. I will try making a config for CUP/RHS vehicles in a free time.

I have a question. Is it legit to port M1 helmet from Queens Gambit expansion? Sorry if it do sound kinda dumb.

I have a question. Is it legit to port M1 helmet from Queens Gambit expansion? Sorry if it do sound kinda dumb.

Speak to the CUP Guys, they have already ported the Helmet and it is part of CUP. If you just need the helmet they maybe able to help you out.

• Like 2

i really like this sort of mod! the textures feel in line with the vanilla gear, although a little bit of weathering wouldn't be out of place.

if you still plan to refine this mod in the future i would suggest the addition of a different fatigue model so we can get undershirts that don't clip with the vest.

i also think the faction should just be limited to the polynesian phenotypes, right now you get the occasional chinese mixed in.

One thing, from having finished the campaign (Apex Protocol), I realised that these guys should probably be called the Horizon Islands Armed Forces. Tanoa just seems to be the North Western region of the Horizon Islands chain/nation, going by the cutscenes.

• Like 5

New mod v0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey lukinator96 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.