Riksen

Happy Birthday Arma

Happy Birthday Arma! How old now huh? 15?

• Like 7

Happy Birthday!! :wub: :wub:

Thank you Bohemia for so much fun over the past years.

Happy birthday to my favourite game series. Thank you bohemia! Just to support you I bought another copy of arma 3 :)

Happy Birthday OFP (yes you'll always be OFP too me too H... with Codi). Man what a ride it has been, I remember first playing OFP(ArmA CWA) for the first time an being blown away by the realism and running for my life like the whole Russian Army was looking for me. Has been interesting too see the changes from than til now were on the cusp of our first Pacific terrain, that Jame Gastovski an David Armstrong would be proud of:D Lil tip too new players if you hav'nt played the CWC campaign an don't mind the old gfx it's one of the best campaigns ever.

Happy Birthday Arma! How old now huh? 15?

i hope i'm gonna still be around to get to drink one when Arma turns legal of age ;)

• Like 6

Dunno if BIS ever did(other than GOTY) but that campaign deserved an official game award. :D Like an Oscar but for game/campaign development.

Happy Birthday to all involved.

Happy Birthday OFP (Arma) :D

Pretty scary that 15 years gone by since me and a friend walked down to the gaming store a sunny day and picked up two CD boxes with OFP in it!

On the way home we was hyped about the MP part and discussed how well things would work on my 56 600 bps modem, my friend was lucky enough to have a 128  KB  ISDN link from his work at home. Since that day OFP/ArmA is one of the few games I still play.

Fast forward to today and being an old fart my first contact with video games was this...

7674.Pong.jpg

Having that perspective it's no wonder I'm amazed how far we came with computer games in general and all the new things the Dev's added in A3. Many things like weapon resting, leaning, stances, AI improvements, FFV, diving, mines, advanced flight model, sling loading, etc.... have been on the wishlist since very long time ago and now we have them!

Happy birthday! Looking forward to your 20th birthday and beyond :)

/KC

• Like 4

Pretty scary that 15 years gone by since me and a friend walked down to the gaming store a sunny day and picked up two CD boxes with OFP in it!

On the way home we was hyped about the MP part and discussed how well things would work on my 56 600 bps modem, my friend was lucky enough to have a 128  KB  ISDN link from his work at home. Since that day OFP/ArmA is one of the few games I still play.

Fast forward to today and being an old fart my first contact with video games was this...

7674.Pong.jpg

Having that perspective I'm amazed how far we came with computer games in general and all the new things the Dev's added in A3. Many things like weapon resting, leaning, stances, FFV, diving, mines, advanced flight model, sling loading, etc.... have been on the wishlist since very long time ago and now we have them!

Happy birthday! Looking forward to your 20th birthday and beyond :)

/KC

Join you in the pong/Atari lounge later  :D  <<46 yrs young.

• Like 1

Beside being grateful for the Spanel brothers decided to pursuit their dream back in the 90's and succeed. They also overcome the rather big road bump they had with Codemasters I just want' add that the A3 Dev team have taken the series to a whole new level and should be very proud of their dedication and hard work!

A1/A2:AO  was a great step forward with several major engine improvements (JIP, streaming terrain, FLIR being some of them) but A3 have given us so many new engine features thru it's many free updates!

On top of that we are lucky to have all the moder's/scripter's/mission makers improving the game from the other end. As an example the CUP team are doing an incredible work porting ALL old OFP/A1/A2 content over to A3 - my guess is that it's a very time consuming work that they offer us for free!

I salute the CUP team and every other moder/scripter/mission maker for their hard work - you guys rock!

PS: I'm sure there are some thinking that I'm a "fan boy jada jada..." but I could care less!

BIS is one of the - very - few game developers I've seen that keep releasing patches for free - it's been that way since OFP days - listen to the community wishes and  supporting their game for a very long time (if in doubt just check their change log's) instead of abandon it after ~6 month to focus on the new carbon copy sequel with updated graphics....For you guys moaning... I'm sure the Dev's are doing their very best to improve performance as well as other things, it's in their own interest.

Are they perfect? Most likely not! As you already know, very few things are so think about it....

Cheers and happy midsummer!

/KC

• Like 3

I started playing the ARMA series with Arma 3 Beta. Those were good times. Only Escape from Stratis was played.

Lol, a bit late, but nonetheless, Happy Birthday ArmA! May there be more frames per second in the future.  :D

Happy Birthday ArmA! :wub:

Had almost 10 years full of awsome experience and meeting new cool People and making new friends.

Thank you to all developers , modders and the whole community, for making this great game and giving us daily new experiences.

Let's Keep up the great work and continue spreading the word of ArmA!

Retch

Oh shit, happy late birthday ArmA... many years and missions later but great times non the less :)  

One thing is for certain BIS has come a long way from having square heads in the original game to having sweaty and stained underwear today...