HeroesandvillainsOS

Good editor settings for occasional rain?

What do you guys recommend for decent settings in a mission that will run in real time? I'd like for it to be sunny, but for clouds and rain to eventually roll in periodically.

It seems to me rain is tied to cloud cover perhaps?

What are some decent settings for nice varied weather. You know, good weather for a bit and maybe a horrible storm at some point. I can't quite figure this out or get a decent balance. Everything I put in it's like it's either always sunny or always rainy. I'd just like a more natural feel.

i'm not sure what you need to do for to have occasional rain and storms, but yes-rain is linked to cloud cover. It will only rain if overcast is set to higher than 50%

i'm not sure what you need to do for to have occasional rain and storms, but yes-rain is linked to cloud cover. It will only rain if overcast is set to higher than 50%

So it will never rain if I set the cloud forecast to below 50%?

So it will never rain if I set the cloud forecast to below 50%?

I think so.Unless you do rain manually-then it might.I'm not great on this aspect of the editor sorry.

There's not much you can do. Start the weather as pretty clear sky (low overcast) and then put something in the forecast like 90 overcast. Then change the time of changes so it doesn't happen in that 30min.

Or you can give this a shot if you want more dynamic. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182738-new-dynamic-weather-script-and-addon-v2-tort-dynamicweather2/?hl=weather%20script

The default weather system is pretty weak and you need to wait for a day for any radical changes after the first forecast you've set in the editor.

• Like 1

What do you guys recommend for decent settings in a mission that will run in real time? I'd like for it to be sunny, but for clouds and rain to eventually roll in periodically.

These settings should give you a sunny start, with overcast skies and rain rolling in after 30 mins. You can lengthen the delay to the forecasted settings by increasing the "Time of Changes" setting.

DvUIOXG.jpg?1

• Like 2

You might be able to use something like setOvercast in a script that runs the duration of the mission. You can set how long you want it to take for the changes to take effect, so if you set it for a heck of a lot of seconds, you can maybe use this to have weather roll in, then have it clear up again, then another front rolls in? Not sure if that will work, but worth a shot. To test it I would set the time a lot shorter to see if it works, then lengthen the time based on how long the mission will take roughly. I used this command along with others to make some randomized starting weather for a mission I made, but I didn't try having that weather change after the mission had started and was in progress, I only used it in the init.sqf file.

You might be able to use something like setOvercast in a script that runs the duration of the mission. You can set how long you want it to take for the changes to take effect, so if you set it for a heck of a lot of seconds, you can maybe use this to have weather roll in, then have it clear up again, then another front rolls in? Not sure if that will work, but worth a shot. To test it I would set the time a lot shorter to see if it works, then lengthen the time based on how long the mission will take roughly. I used this command along with others to make some randomized starting weather for a mission I made, but I didn't try having that weather change after the mission had started and was in progress, I only used it in the init.sqf file.

Not sure if it can be gone around somehow but that command hasn't work right since alpha. In a minute the lighting condition changes to the set overcast's value even when the sky is clear. Also there was maybe a problem that you can use it only once and after that you need to use skipping to use it again.

Not sure if it can be gone around somehow but that command hasn't work right since alpha. In a minute the lighting condition changes to the set overcast's value even when the sky is clear. Also there was maybe a problem that you can use it only once and after that you need to use skipping to use it again.

Okay, well nevermind then. My apologies. I've only used it to set random start weather, not in-scenario dynamic changes.
  • Like 1

This may be worth trying. It looks like it was still working as of March this year.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163074-randomweather2-script-dynamic-weather-for-a3/

I may actually try this myself.

Let me know how it goes and how it runs on your server! Thanks for the heads up! :)