Currently there is no method to have the following combined without scripting:

• Revive enabled
  • Spectator on death (WITHOUT the silly seagull spawning in - please remove this)
  • Mission end when all players are dead

Currently I can have 2 of the above but not all 3 which would be wonderful for 1 death only missions where players can then spectate.

Does it work if you select Revive Enabled and Spectator on Death in the editor and then have a trigger looking for all players dead and having that run ["end1", false] call BIS_fnc_endMission?  

There's no reason you can't use scripting as well as Eden features.  It would be a "nice-to-have" but I'm sure you can get exactly what you want with scripting.

• Like 2

Does it work if you select Revive Enabled and Spectator on Death in the editor and then have a trigger looking for all players dead and having that run ["end1", false] call BIS_fnc_endMission?  

There's no reason you can't use scripting as well as Eden features.  It would be a "nice-to-have" but I'm sure you can get exactly what you want with scripting.

I'm not very good at scripting so I'm sure it's more than possible to do so, just would be nice if the UI option for fail on all players dead did what it said.

If you've got a very easy to implement script for that I'd love to see it in the mean time though!

FUTURE PLANS

• Unconscious state and Revive functionality extended to all units.

Does that mean extending the revive feature to AI units as well?

This would be great!

• Like 2

If dragging/carrying get implemented, please let us do that to all injured and dead units. Sometimes you want to move corpses too.

• Like 6

If dragging/carrying get implemented, please let us do that to all injured and dead units. Sometimes you want to move corpses too.

That's a good idea, and can open another path for stealth missions.
  • Like 4

That's a good idea, and can open another path for stealth missions.

Rebuilding some Hitman missions ? :D

• Like 1

Rebuilding some Hitman missions ? :D

If this revive system turns out nicely you could add a check box in the Unit Attributes box that has a unit start incapacitated on mission start?

• Like 2

Took you long enough, we've been needing this feature since day one for vanilla arma. Aswell as the drag and carry capabilities! We had them in arma 2 so why could we not have them in arma 3??

• Like 1

Is it possible to remove revive action from unit, by changing "#enableRevive" variable, after it enters incapacitated state and add it back afterwards, or will it insta-kill unit?

Ex: player gets shoot -> incapacitated -> no ability to revive -> is being moved in proximity of field hospital -> revive action re-enables

Six pages with lots of questions, an absolutely zero answers from the officials. How is it possible to give feedback if not even the basic questions are answered?

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

The work goes into the right direction and it makes everything more realistic. It looks really great but I thing one major action is mission and should be added , too. Im Talking about stealth killing or just easily a knife kill. This should also be part of the upcoming update. And for a later DLC you could use that idea in combination of Knife and shotguns because they are also missing. 
But overall I think it is a good idea and will be used in many gamemodes and mods.

I really like the new revive system you are implementing there. Having to run all the way from spawn back to an objective has always been a thing in ARMA which could be quite annoying. Most revive scripts, trying to solve this issue, are good but usually lack a gui or other features which could not be implemented by scripting limitations or based on workload. (Haven´t tried ACE yet)

Could you think of adding a way to drag and place incapacitated players into vehicles for a med evac? Paired with Optio´s example of reviving players when near a med station/hospital this would be an awesome feature.

Thank you for all the effort you put into the latest/upcoming updates. Focusing on optimization of already partially implemented features is a good way to go. :)

• Like 1

Having to run all the way from spawn back to an objective has always been a thing in ARMA which could be quite annoying.

Easy solution is to play without respawn ;)

I agree that there should be dragging/carrying and loading into vehicles, and preferably a way for the downed player to crawl if the injuries are over a certain (configurable) threshold.

The feature has been asked for repeatedly in this thread, I really wish someone from Bohemia would say something in reply.

• Like 3

Dragging and carrying is out of scope of the Revive system. We would like to tackle that if we address the health system in the future, but that's nothing certain if that is even going to happen. We would like to, but that's no guarantee as there is always a lot we would like to do and optimize. Just for the record, by default, I don't tend to address new feature requests in feedback threads to a different feature, that's why there was no response :icon_twisted:

• Like 10

Dragging and carrying is out of scope of the Revive system. We would like to tackle that if we address the health system in the future, but that's nothing certain if that is even going to happen. We would like to, but that's no guarantee as there is always a lot we would like to do and optimize.

Understood, only so much that you can plan ahead for. I don't take any statement of intention as a guarantee. I have been the victim of that myself so I know what you mean.

Too bad about the dragging though, without the dragging/carrying, the feature is not really useful, at least not for hardcore players were revive is supposed to take a while and should not be performed under fire :(

I seriously hope you get to overhaul the health system, it's one of the parts that is severely lacking right now.

Just for the record, by default, I don't tend to address new feature requests in feedback threads to a different feature, that's why there was no response :icon_twisted:

Understood, but that feature has been listed by a whole lot of players.. saying you don't plan to do it at least lets us know were we stand. For me it means I will have to continue using Psycho's Revive.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

• Like 3

Dragging and carrying is out of scope of the Revive system. We would like to tackle that if we address the health system in the future, but that's nothing certain if that is even going to happen. We would like to, but that's no guarantee as there is always a lot we would like to do and optimize. Just for the record, by default, I don't tend to address new feature requests in feedback threads to a different feature, that's why there was no response :icon_twisted:

How about those event handlers, will there be any (like, player goes down, player is healed, etc) ? (Note, not a feature request, just a question :D)

• Like 1

Understood, only so much that you can plan ahead for. I don't take any statement of intention as a guarantee. I have been the victim of that myself so I know what you mean.

Too bad about the dragging though, without the dragging/carrying, the feature is not really useful, at least not for hardcore players were revive is supposed to take a while and should not be performed under fire :(

I seriously hope you get to overhaul the health system, it's one of the parts that is severely lacking right now.

Understood, but that feature has been listed by a whole lot of players.. saying you don't plan to do it at least lets us know were we stand. For me it means I will have to continue using Psycho's Revive.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

A valid point, sure. As far as I can tell, we have read all the feedback, and it's being processed. Warkanaut was aware of some blocking issues in the first release as there was some mismatch of data, the sheer amount of work prevented him from responding sooner :icon_twisted:

As for the usability of the system, it's more about doing one step at a time, rather than taking a whole damage system and all the consequences at once and changing it from scratch. It takes its time, and there is a lot of work ahead of us, but we intend to support Arma 3.

How about those event handlers, will there be any (like, player goes down, player is healed, etc) ? (Note, not a feature request, just a question :D)

We would like (no promises) to convert the current system into an engine implementation. That would have all the handles and thingies expected from such system, but it's still a long way to go :icon_twisted:

• Like 5

It takes its time, and there is a lot of work ahead of us, but we intend to support Arma 3.

Good to hear, I was a bit worried that with APEX out of the door support would die down. Thank you again for the great post-release support, it's been unparalleled.

Of course, if you are working on Arma 4, I will forgive you if you don't update Arma 3 so frequently anymore ;)

• Like 5

Reviving needs an animation? Because ugh - the dude looking down at the downed guy until he suddenly is well - is very reminiscent of the infamous ammo crate worshiping of ArmA2

• Like 2

There already are animations for reviving. Actually there are quite a lot new animations related to being wounded and doing first aid in the game now. Not sure if all of that is implemented already, though, as I don't play multiplayer and therefore haven't seen the new revive system in action yet.

While there are animations for medic related actions, the animation issue in this case is problematic due to the fact that the animation would need to be started and stopped every time someone presses and lets go of the revive button.

and...you know... the ARMA 3 animation system... much like Kanye West, simply doesn't like to be interrupted...

• Like 2

Good to hear, I was a bit worried that with APEX out of the door support would die down. Thank you again for the great post-release support, it's been unparalleled.

Of course, if you are working on Arma 4, I will forgive you if you don't update Arma 3 so frequently anymore ;)

Maybe another dlc. That new engine ain't gonna pay for itself. Well it will after release :D.

Hopefully more dlc. I'll gladly pay for whatever they give me.

• Like 1