This is done in basic mode, no matter what damage you take you will always go incapacitated first.

Has anyone actually tested that Basic Mode works like this, as advertised? I have ReviveUnconsciousStateMode set to 0 in description.ext, however the damage model seems to be the Advanced mode.

Multiple occasions in which the revived player is seen as still down by some players. Might be synchronization issue. Have been encountered a couple of times now.

We'd like to reuse the ragdoll switch from alive to inconscious (to make our own version of the revive system) but I can't find how it's done (as the files are crypted, and the functions viewer doesn't explicitly use a command to transition to ragdoll). Is it engine-based or a scripted solution ?

We'd like to reuse the ragdoll switch from alive to inconscious (to make our own version of the revive system) but I can't find how it's done (as the files are crypted, and the functions viewer doesn't explicitly use a command to transition to ragdoll). Is it engine-based or a scripted solution ?

So far I know, the uncon. state is handled directly in the engine.

hello.

for me setting up the new revive in eden did not work properly (revive activated, but settings/parameters did not register).

so for now, i want to set it up via description.ext, but i don't now to configure all the new parameters in description.ext. can someone help? :)

or can someone tell me, if i did soemthing wrong in tryiung to set it up in eden?

i went to multiplayer menu.

checked respawn on - respawn mode -> base (i also placed a respawn marker on map)

checked revive on

changed "who can revie" to everyone

and did some tweaking on the timings and so on.

in game, revive worked, but normal soldiers could not revive, so i guess the settings did not register.

also respawn was "respawn on position of death" and not respawn at base.

i thsi a known problem? did i do sth. wrong?

Hi, the EDEN settings should work for you as well as the description.ext settings. They both feed the same input to the system, so if one doesn't work for you, the other won't as well.

Regarding your question about config settings, you can find all supported parameters there: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Revive#Config_settings

Check the page for more info.

To test you mission in MP, you definitely do not need multiple people, just run multiple instances of Arma 3. I suggest to use different profiles to avoid conflicts when accessing and updating profile data.

You can check damage to the target unit by an EH and if it's more than 1 then reset it below 1 (so unit does not die) and run setUnconscious on the unit.

Nice, looks like it works just fine ! Takes some workarounds to make it function in a vehicle though, but it's way better what I already had. Thanks oukej !

With all the focus seemingly shifted to 64-bit, Combat Patrol Ops and jets; and with it not getting implementation in the last update, I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever get friendly AI using revive? This thread hasn't seen any activity in 2 months.

It just feels like a must-have feature. I don't see any sense in leaving revive half finished.

• Like 2

I wanted to do a post about drag and carry for revive so thought to do so in this thread.

I know you can do this in Ace 3, although the pickup wounded man animation looks bad due to not being able to create a special custom animation for it. We used to have drag and carry in A2 so why they dropped it in A3 i don't know. It was great. This seems like a feature that would really enhance the game now that A3 has a good built-in revive system. Also if they can add the ability to put wounded into a vehicle and retrieve them also, this could work for a MP where first aid kit will stop the bleeding but they might need to be taken to an Ambo vehicle (or proper Medic) to completely heal. It would slow the gameplay down if you had to carry em to an Ambo, but since you can configure revive in the settings in the editor you can omit that if you want. Having to fully heal in an Ambo could give tactical depth to a MP mission, where you place it and protect it will be important, a bit like the MHQ days with Domination and other MP modes. And if you still as a mission maker have control over how the revive systems works and requirements, drag and carry is still good for getting them out of the cross fire before reviving them.

There could be two states: unconscious and incap, when incap you could still use your weapon but only in the direction you are facing or something, or pistol only. 

Adding new Tanks and Jets via DLC is nice, but fleshing out other parts of the game such as this would be a good idea also. Having Carry and Drag, especially with new animations would really enhance the immersion of the game. 

• Like 4

maybe a DEV can answer. What is the road map for revive? Is it still being worked on? If it is being worked on what are the plans/timeline for it? 

The reason I ask , is right now revive is just a no go. It feels half finished and unusable for missions.  I really would love to be able to use the in game revive for my mission, but I am still using scripts to get the job done.

-dying in vehicles is a real problem when using just revive no respawn....mission killer

-taking damage and dying in downed state(waiting for revive), again when using just revive and no respawn,...mission killer.(may not be "realistic" but when a player is in the downed state, I dont care if a bomb goes off on their chest, they need to stay         waiting for revive)

-drag/carry (come on, it has been around in scripts for 10+ years) i dont care if it looks goofy in game. I just want the ability to move a player to a safer spot to revive

-revive tickets

-ability to set it up in eden and max the sliders to what ever the mission maker wants. EX: bleed out timer  to 60mins if that is what I want to use. right now 3 mins is worthless in a revive only mission. especially if you cant move the downed person.

need to secure the area and most times the player bleeds out. Yes I know you can change it in the description.ext but why have the settings in eden at all?

Most of the major problems,I see happening, are when you try and set up a mission for revive only and no respawn. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nomadd said:

maybe a DEV can answer. What is the road map for revive? Is it still being worked on? If it is being worked on what are the plans/timeline for it? 

The reason I ask , is right now revive is just a no go. It feels half finished and unusable for missions.  I really would love to be able to use the in game revive for my mission, but I am still using scripts to get the job done.

-dying in vehicles is a real problem when using just revive no respawn....mission killer

-taking damage and dying in downed state(waiting for revive), again when using just revive and no respawn,...mission killer.(may not be "realistic" but when a player is in the downed state, I dont care if a bomb goes off on their chest, they need to stay         waiting for revive)

-drag/carry (come on, it has been around in scripts for 10+ years) i dont care if it looks goofy in game. I just want the ability to move a player to a safer spot to revive

-revive tickets

-ability to set it up in eden and max the sliders to what ever the mission maker wants. EX: bleed out timer  to 60mins if that is what I want to use. right now 3 mins is worthless in a revive only mission. especially if you cant move the downed person.

need to secure the area and most times the player bleeds out. Yes I know you can change it in the description.ext but why have the settings in eden at all?

Most of the major problems,I see happening, are when you try and set up a mission for revive only and no respawn. 

I completely agree.

• Like 2

@devs

Are you still working on making the revive system compatible with AI?

• Like 1

^this

And why is the Bleedout capped so low? C'mon. A 60min slider cap would be great. Since it's set by the server, there is no reason for such strict limits. You can't hard find anyone in tall grass wearing camouflage in just a few minutes. Everyone loves options! Let the Host decide.

1 hour ago, Von Quest said:

^this

And why is the Bleedout capped so low? C'mon. A 60min slider cap would be great. Since it's set by the server, there is no reason for such strict limits. You can't hard find anyone in tall grass wearing camouflage in just a few minutes. Everyone loves options! Let the Host decide.

How many minutes is "so low"?

But on the whole I'd agree that <5 minutes seems unrealistically short.

BTW does the Bleedout time very depend on the severity of the injury?

Sorry to necro an old thread but figured this would be the best place to ask.

With the upcoming changes to revive( which look good BTW). Has the basic revive setting been changed so that if a player goes into a revive state/unconscious state they will stay that way no matter what damage they take?

I understand they can still bleed out on the timer but right now if you get shot in an unconscious state you die. I also know this is not realistic but for alot of co-op game play it makes the game play better. Not everyone plays hard core milsim

this is from the wiki

Limitations and Notes

There are several limitations with the current state of Revive. Please take them into consideration when building your scenarios:

AI support - only players are supported

Vehicles - due to technical limitations, the unconscious state in vehicles is not supported. Players die immediately

Basic damage model - currently, the Basic damage model uses the new calculation that is being used by Advanced and Realistic damage model; this will be changed soon™

I read the dev notes on revive but this was not mentioned. Anyone been able to test this or can someone from BIS comment?

Instand death in vehicles was changed but the wiki has not yet been updated because the changes are not on stable. Other than that I believe everything on the wiki is still up-to-date.

It's been said before and I'm going to say it again.... please add the ability to drag incap'd players!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

It's been said before and I'm going to say it again.... please add the ability to drag incap'd players!

I second that. It doesn't make sense to treat a wounded soldier where he was shot, it's only going to invite more people getting shot. Being able to drag someone into safety is very important if not essential.

• Like 5

A Full Medical DLC.

I'd pay $30 right now for an engine-side BIS Medical (with Drag/Carry) DLC similar to ACE3. I can't give my $$ to BIS fast enough if they'd crank out piles of both large and small DLC packs.  ;)

Where's all the mini-games? No more pressing X, or progress bars. ACE3 Medical is as close as we can get. BIS please take our money!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Von Quest said:

A Full Medical DLC.

I'd pay $30 right now for an engine-side BIS Medical (with Drag/Carry) DLC similar to ACE3. I can't give my $$ to BIS fast enough if they'd crank out piles of both large and small DLC packs.  ;)

Where's all the mini-games? No more pressing X, or progress bars. ACE3 Medical is as close as we can get. BIS please take our money!

how are you going to sell a Medical DLC to RPG Life kiddies, wastelanders or KotHers, or to tacticool milsim operators who will just use ACE instead

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

how are you going to sell a Medical DLC to RPG Life kiddies, wastelanders or KotHers, or to tacticool milsim operators who will just use ACE instead

Oh come on, not again. That record is getting really old

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

By creating a well thought-out, highly customisable and working system.

• Like 5

It's already fairly good, to be honest, perhaps needs a bit more flexibility for customization and it's good enough for most cases. But as for a "Medical DLC"? Wot R3vo said.

• Like 1

In my opinion the only thing missing from the vanilla revive is the ability to move a wounded person either on foot or in vehicle.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

In my opinion the only thing missing from the vanilla revive is the ability to move a wounded person either on foot or in vehicle.

And AI compatibility. It doesn’t even exist to me since AI can’t revive me.

• Like 2