One bug I've noticed is that the player revive no longer functions if the player switches units via the SelectPlayer command. There's scripting workarounds to re-initialize it but it would be nice if this worked within the engine

• Like 1

This is awesome module!

One issues, we lost our killed messages!

Any idea how to fix?

Man...we really could use this feature with AI.

I haven't heard any word on if they're continuing trying to get it in. I've been searching the forums for a community made one but I keep feeling like that would be a waste of time trying to get going considering we have this now.

I really hope the AI implementation isn't dead. It works really great with players and I like it a lot so far.

• Like 2

Re: the wishes for functionality to be extended to AI -- I'm still soliciting official word as to whether the OP's "Unconscious state and Revive functionality extended to all units" means that...

• Like 2

Any chance we could get an option to stabilise wounded soldiers? Shouldn't be that hard to implement I hope, and would add another very good feature to this game.

• Like 4

Does the way of configuring the revive feature mentioned on this page still work?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Revive

They finally added this page: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Revive_remastered

but yeah I'm wondering about description.ext options and variables we can use to control it outside of the editor and scope of the editor defaults.

They finally added this page: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Revive_remastered

but yeah I'm wondering about description.ext options and variables we can use to control it outside of the editor and scope of the editor defaults.

I personally dislike that page and wanted to move the contents to the original Arma 3 Revive page, simply because we have Arma 3 Task Overhaul, Arma 3 Task Framework etc. Easier to find than Revive Remastered.

• Like 1

When incapacitated, compass can be used.

Edit:

Hold action icon should not fade out while action is performed. Players think the action got cancelled if that happens.

• Like 2

anyone knows which pbo contains the revive script? I tried to extract all pbos from the addons folder but I couldn't really find it

One quick question (I can't run the game right now): what is the max bleedout duration ? 

A huge (or infinite) duration is really usufull when playing in small team.

One quick question (I can't run the game right now): what is the max bleedout duration ? 

A huge (or infinite) duration is really usufull when playing in small team.

from eden you can set it to 3 minutes max but if you save mission.sqm in plain text format you can change it to whatever you want although it gets reset if you open the multiplayer options in eden

• Like 1

from eden you can set it to 3 minutes max but if you save mission.sqm in plain text format you can change it to whatever you want although it gets reset if you open the multiplayer options in eden

Nice trick !!! Thanks !!

In v1.65.138136 letting an injured player bleed out respawns the player with the following.

respawn_west marker in the world

respawn = 3

onPlayerKilled.sqf > 'setPlayerRespawnTime 999999999;'

What should happen - The player is killed and their time adjusted so they never respawn.

What happens - Player does not have their respawnTime adjusted and respawns as normal, the onPlayerKilled.sqf is being fired, but setting is not taking affect (or is being changed later by revive system?).

If player is hit with critical damage (e.g to head) onPlayerKilled.sqf functions as expected, just seems to be when they bleed out.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120137

Don't understand if the params are planned to be moved into the engine 'setPlayerReviveTime' etc, but this would be really nice.

I noticed that the max bleedout duration which can be set via  is 180 seconds. In Eden we can get up to 300 seconds. Would be nice if that could be fixed.

I've just noticed that the values which can be set via mission parameters are not equal to the max value which can be set in Eden. I think it should be equal.

(from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Revive )

• Vehicles - due to technical limitations, the unconscious state in vehicles is not supported. Players die immediately

That's a deal-breaker, right here. It's especially unfortunate with the Basic damage system. Imagine a no-respawn only revive system, it doesn't encourage the players to use open vehicles like SOVs, so they'll just go for 3-hour long walks.

Is there anything planned to improve this point ? In my honest opinion, the Revive system is not complete until this is resolved, as it is unusable for any kind of combined arms gameplay (or even vehicle transport tasks in some cases).

If nothing can be done, I would suggest to do this instead of killing the player :

- Block all damage once near death if in a vehicle. Basically if damage exceeds 1, lock it at 0.9999.

- Blur vision, occlude sound, like unconscious state.

- If the player is the driver/pilot, gunner/commander, or FFV seat, he can still do basic things like drive straight or fire in a direction, but won't be able to do it effectively due to the blur.

- Can't be healed until dismount.

- No need for actions like unload unconscious players from vehicles, as the players can still dismount themselves.

Or even better, let the mission designer choose whether the players should die or enter near-death state once 'killed' in a vehicle, using 3den attributes.

There's literally no technical limitations to do this.

• Like 4

agreed. big disadvantage.

my simple suggestion would be pushing people out of the vehicle (or an option for it). also eliminates the need for fiddly "pull out injured" scroll actions. i think johnnyboy had a script that made people dismount when shot for visual effect.

i feel like that's a cheap and easy to achieve solution. get shot out of a chopper over the ocean? tough shit!

EDIT: all this with whatever mysterious technical limitation that was mentioned in mind ofc.  tbh i'd prefer a proper "pull out injured" action. great case for hold action usage.

it's these things that make BIS sound like modders sometimes (no offense). what technical limitation? don't you have the source code? just blows my mind that we can get bipods adn FFV but when it comes to simpler stuff there are suddenly technical limits. i know there are probably some complex reasons. just putting some perspective on my suggestion to make it more like "well if we can't get X at all then how about Y".

• Like 2

agreed. big disadvantage.

my simple suggestion would be pushing people out of the vehicle (or an option for it). also eliminates the need for fiddly "pull out injured" scroll actions. i think johnnyboy had a script that made people dismount when shot for visual effect.

i feel like that's a cheap and easy to achieve solution. get shot out of a chopper over the ocean? tough shit!

I agree, teleporting the players out of the vehicle would be a better solution as the current one, especially when we consider what KiTooN said.

Is there any way to remove the text "hold space to respawn"? It's not fitting groups that play without respawn.

So I'm finding advance mode just a bit too intense. The new damage model makes you really squishy, which is for all good realistic. However, I found that the thing was more of a hindrance then a experience for the servers I played on. The harsh damage calculations mean that getting shot in a open area even if it's in the leg seems to trigger incapacitate. We found ourselves spending more time "reviving" players then actually fighting. Why I feel this is a great system for hardcore and new players alike. I find that if your the middle man, the options seem extreme or another. I personally would like to see advance simply be the vanilla damage model only with a chance of incapacitate. That way it's not a 100% chance to revive, but also not so sensitive that your team gets punished for taking a few rounds. 

Another solution I can see is simply having a variable users can mess with that allows for auto-recovery for certain conditions. To represent say a soldier who is hit in the arm but not truly incapacitated. 

• Like 1

maybe also expose all values in the UI so they can be edited for seamless tweaking rather than fixed modes.

Are there any plans to make revive actually just revive? ie you can only go into incapacitated mode and not killed if you do get a bit more than medium damage. So the only way you are killed is if a team mate can't reach you and the revive timer runs out.

Are there any plans to make revive actually just revive? ie you can only go into incapacitated mode and not killed if you do get a bit more than medium damage. So the only way you are killed is if a team mate can't reach you and the revive timer runs out.

This is done in basic mode, no matter what damage you take you will always go incapacitated first.