A pity it's not usable with AI team-mates.

Agreed. I'm really not enjoying this PVP and strictly PvE mentality lately. Some of us only have a couple of friends and like to be in a squad larger than 3 guys.

Cool feature but I hope you guys find a way to implement this for the AI.

• Like 4

In regards to this new feature, If in the Future there are any plans for dragging or carrying soldiers (which would be heavily appreciated as this sometimes makes the game look and feel better being able to move a downed member away from danger while too placing risk on your part to do so), please, please, please, make the legs and arms rag-doll  when dragging or carrying. 

• Like 3

Looks good. Dragging / carrying injured players would be cool aswell.

• Like 1

Carry & Drag! Enough said. It's half-coded anyway.

Player Options. Please. 3 minute max. What? NO... It can take us 10 minutes to just know someone is down, and another 10 to fine them. Then another 30 to get them clear of the battle and on the way back home.

Limping is great! The next state could be crawling, but still conscious. Able to use sidearm. Would make your sidearm much more useful. Then the next stage of decline would be slow-crawl with no sidearm. Then semi-conscious, in and out. And so on...

We don't need another gun. Take it to another level with Gear, Equipment, and Systems (like medical). ArmA isnt about pulling the trigger... It's about the adventure!

• Like 6

Ok so what the hell is the button to actually revive someone? Because we've down each other, well i've been downed since I couldn't down my friend for some reason. Anyways we couldn't figure out what is this "hold action" thing or what ever it is. And first time testing there apparently there is no scroll option to revive and in controls there is no button map that relates to this. And he was a medic who had all the required items, yet said there was nothing he could do to get me up.

Not this was with the damage system to realistic, we are turning it to basic soon to ensure we are just downed and not killed. mainly so i can try to figure it out.

Ok so what the hell is the button to actually revive someone?

Try spacebar

Try spacebar

spacebar i had unmap since enter does the same thing, unless space bar is no secretly connected to this. Also second row of testing we still just died even on basic and for my friend space, bar, enter, middle mouse, and every button for an action failed to do anything. Or is there some hidden module or setting outside attribute/multiplayer.

So ran a clean run, with no scripts of any kind and the system worked. Which means the system works, which annoys me because now i have to scan about 900 files looking for anything that might interfer with the action menu.

Also noticed a bug, when you get revived you get stuck to the ground unless killed and revived again or you rest weapon.

How are you people testing this? The enable revive option is greyed out for me in the editor.

Did you go into attributes/multiplayer then scroll to bottom and enable.

The revive is just not working for me... No matter what settings I use, I always get killed with no revive "mode".

any idea why :P ?

EDIT:

No mods or anything was use... Arma 3 Vanilla

The revive is just not working for me... No matter what settings I use, I always get killed with no revive "mode".

any idea why :P ?

EDIT:

No mods or anything was use... Arma 3 Vanilla

Same happens to me. I had no chance to test it with real players though. Maybe it is not enabled if you're the only one on the server.

Confirmation would be cool.

• Like 1

• Unconscious state and Revive functionality extended to all units.

Please clarify: if this does not mean support for AI revive/unconsciousness, then what is the current limitation that this would address?

What I'd love would be a medical system similar to what America's Army 3 had (if BIS wants a post-Apex DLC idea, well, here it is). That said, this is a step in the right direction. Good to know somebody's looking at this. I'm looking forward to seeing it work on AI.

And yes, dragging and carrying like in A2 would be a nice addition. Ideally we'd be able to move dead bodies, as well.

I also greatly enjoyed the medical system in America's Army and I would pay $$$ for a new DLC, "Arma 3: *Medic!"

Though that is probably unlikely, I still hold out hope that carrying and dragging will be added back in someday.

Same happens to me. I had no chance to test it with real players though. Maybe it is not enabled if you're the only one on the server.

Confirmation would be cool.

I've noticed the same thing, when testing through lan even when i had an activate respawn. There is no revive system, atleast it doesn't seem to be there. Which makes testing this out for a server mission a real whore, because now you need a person to help you so you can confirm it works.

"Respawn Template 'Revive' was not found"

Cannot get it to work, not manually through description.ext or through the Eden Attributes. 

PLEASE HELP!

All of the missions my clan plays are now broken.

I figured it out, it doesn't like when you check "Mission Failed when all players are dead" and use Revive or Respawn as well. Uncheck this to fix. 

However, you will respawn on start and not have any custom loadout you gave the unit. To end respawn on start you still have to make a description.ext with "respawnonstart = -1".

Please add a respawnonstart option in the Eden attributes. 

+1 for carrying/dragging. There is strong gameplay value in these mechanics.

From my server, just today:

3:49:40 PM | (Side) *******: whoever the big beautiful bastard is that is carrying me I love you. lol

3:51:27 PM | (Side) *******: dude you are the baddest MF

• Like 2

-Ignoore-

Edit: Pretty much disregard my last post. Seeing that they've changed how it works and such.

Still +1 on Drag & Carry  :D

Edited by archer336

My favorite part of this new system is that being downed into the revive state no longer subtracts spawn tickets. So now I can make coop missions with limited tickets for respawn that encourage saving people as much as possible.

Previously I could only use Revive without respawn, or Respawning with a ticket limit without revive.

The "Advanced" and "Realistic" revive modes are also much better for PVP.

I like the new PP effects. Well done!

• Like 5

Let us be able to almost walk fast/set the speed with the Scroll Wheel,to reflect how someone can move faster than expected under fire.

About to give this a test but is it possible that the slider in the UI for the editor can be overridden if a higher max value is input in the actual numeric field?

As mentioned by others some of the time limits are very low.

Additionally will the wiki be updated any time soon for the actual desc.ext settings if the UI can't be changed?

Is there any way to test this on your own? I don't want to have to bug my friends to help me every time I need to test my missions.

Okay I tested this with a friend and got it working reasonably well.  Here's what I've found that might need attention:

1. Players would sometimes get stuck after being revive with no option to do anything
  2. Sometimes when wounded players would start the wounded animation but then revert to an upright pose with limited mouse control.  Once revived player returned to normal
  3. On Advanced settings players could take a much larger amount of damage than anticipated - 12+ shots of 5.56
  4. Animation for the unit doing the healing would be lovely

Overall I really like this and can't wait to implement it in my missions.  My primary concern however is the difficulty setting this up in conjunction with EG spectator.  Currently there is no method to have the following combined without scripting:

• Revive enabled
  • Spectator on death (WITHOUT the silly seagull spawning in - please remove this)
  • Mission end when all players are dead

Currently I can have 2 of the above but not all 3 which would be wonderful for 1 death only missions where players can then spectate.

Still to test: whether VOIP and @TaskForceRadio still works when a player is incapacitated.

• Spectator on death (WITHOUT the silly seagull spawning in - please remove this)

+1000 God, yes. The robot seagull has to go. What the hell is the point of that?