Sign in to follow this  
Bagel

Turning off the hint sound

Is there any way that the tone sound emitted when a Hint message is displayed can be turned off!!

I am a big chain of command fan and the chime is really getting up my nose.

Thanks

wink.gif

The only way I have done this before is by modifying the main config.cpp. Now, I did that back at v1.46, and haven't been able to get my hands on a working v1.85 (or v1.75) config.cpp file.

If you do manage to get hold of one, you just search for "hint" and then remove the sound it plays between the "".

Perhaps someone could point us to a good (working & TESTED) v1.85 config? Rather than something speculative...

Prospero

Easy, put your music volume down to 0. =)

You won't get music in missions, but if you're playing CoC anyway...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Easy, put your music volume down to 0. =)<span id='postcolor'>

Cool, is it really sufficient to put only the music down?

I always thought the Hint sound belongs to the sound effects, and, hence, never tried to turn off the music.

I will include an option for the mission designer and/or player to turn off music.

Thanks,

Spinor

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Doolittle @ Oct. 31 2002,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">init.sqs

#beep

hint "Never ever ever do this"

goto "beep"<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, I made a speedometer once...

#Loop

hint format ["%1",speed vehicle player]

goto "Loop"

If Ur not ready for it and have the volume on normal with a headset this is not a nice experience :-P

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spinor @ Oct. 31 2002,07:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Easy, put your music volume down to 0. =)<span id='postcolor'>

Cool, is it really sufficient to put only the music down?

I always thought the Hint sound belongs to the sound effects, and, hence, never tried to turn off the music.

I will include an option for the mission designer and/or player to turn off music.

Thanks,

Spinor<span id='postcolor'>

Damn, I thought I told you that before. smile.gif

Check our forums, I'm sure I did!

Anyway, I haven't seen a 100% good version of V1.85 config.cpp. Maybe I can manage to make one without the beep anyway?

Well that works, but so does the Hint sound still;)

You probably uploaded the wrong file?smile.gif

Prospero

(Looking forward to it)

EDIT: --- CORRECTION --- Yes it does work! Well done;) That was odd, the second time I fired OFP up it worked..... Sorry for causing confusion!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn,  I thought I told you that before.  

Check our forums, I'm sure I did!<span id='postcolor'>

Arrghh, you are right, shame on me  sad.gif

I even remember it now,...., Sorrry