daza

How to set one faction within the Independent side hostile to everyone?

I want to set the faction Syndikat to enemy towards everyone, but i want to keep the other Independent factions friendly towards Blufor, is it possible? or perhaps some work around to make it so?

The command independent setFriend [blufor, 0]; makes all independent factions hostile, surely there is another way?

When you say "enemy towards everyone" do you mean "enemy towards BLUFOR and INDEPENDENT"?  Because that's simple.  If you want them enemy against OPFOR as well, then you're designing a poor mission. :)

To make only Syndikat units hostile to B and I you need to place down a higher ranked OPFOR unit first, then group the Syndikat to them.  Set the OPFOR unit to 0% Probability of Presence by expanding Object: Presence in it's attributes and setting the bar far left.  That unit won't actually show up in game but will make the group they were leader of count as OPFOR.  You'll see them outlined in red in the editor if you did it correctly.

Actually, looks like in Eden you can delete the OPFOR unit and they remain OPFOR.  Hmm.  Probably safest to leave them there as 0% though.

You cant set factions hostile only sides (east west resistance)

When you say "enemy towards everyone" do you mean "enemy towards BLUFOR and INDEPENDENT"?  Because that's simple.  If you want them enemy against OPFOR as well, then you're designing a poor mission. :)

To make only Syndikat units hostile to B and I you need to place down a higher ranked OPFOR unit first, then group the Syndikat to them.  Set the OPFOR unit to 0% Probability of Presence by expanding Object: Presence in it's attributes and setting the bar far left.  That unit won't actually show up in game but will make the group they were leader of count as OPFOR.  You'll see them outlined in red in the editor if you did it correctly.

Actually, looks like in Eden you can delete the OPFOR unit and they remain OPFOR.  Hmm.  Probably safest to leave them there as 0% though.

Thanks for your replies. That method is a neat short trick.   I thought it would be fun to have two two enemy elements that you have to watch out for and would fight one another, if not just for immersion. 

Just to mention that these single units will also shoot at each other.

Cheers

that was what I meant (but not written) with "single units" because creating such group wouldnt make any sense because they r shooting each other.

As an addition to my last post: Those units changing side to sideEnemy

that was what I meant (but not written) with "single units" because creating such group wouldnt make any sense because they r shooting each other.

As an addition to my last post: Those units changing side to sideEnemy

Which would give a new meaning to suicide squad :P

WEST setFriend [RESISTANCE, 0];
RESISTANCE setFriend [WEST, 0];
WEST setFriend [EAST, 0];
EAST setFriend [WEST, 0];
RESISTANCE setFriend [EAST, 0];
EAST setFriend [RESISTANCE, 0];

in the above makes everyone enemies , just mess with it to make one fraction friendly to the other by setting it to  1.

WEST setFriend [EAST, 1];
RESISTANCE setFriend [EAST, 1];

in above if I did it correctly west and resistance will kill each other but leave east alone... bur east will see them both as enemy... (your side would be east).... but now I do believe if east does "shoots west or resistance" they will retaliate and shoot back...  

also don't forget civ, and also there's other fractions, example west has (2)  "B_Soldier_02_f " and  "B_G_Soldier_F" ( FIA ) I believe.... I'm sure theres a way to make blufo west and fia west enemys... (I never looked into it).

in the above makes everyone enemies , just mess with it to make one fraction friendly to the other by setting it to  1.

in above if I did it correctly west and resistance will kill each other but leave east alone... bur east will see them both as enemy... (your side would be east).... but now I do believe if east does "shoots west or resistance" they will retaliate and shoot back...  

also don't forget civ, and also there's other fractions, example west has (2)  "B_Soldier_02_f " and  "B_G_Soldier_F" ( FIA ) I believe.... I'm sure theres a way to make blufo west and fia west enemys... (I never looked into it).

So does this go into init on every unit or on a single module?

Thanks Dr Death for that info. For some reason i don't get email notifications, so sorry for late reply. 

Not sure why this setting was removed anyway, it had good uses.

For example, I want to make the Independent NAPA as enemy's to the west, because the units titled: Group, looks a little like the Mexican Cartel. Not perfect, but they're the closest looking units to the Cartel in the game. Arma 3 is a perfect landscape for the war on drugs.

Anyway, I got it to work like this

setFriend has to be added to each side, or you'll have lots of friendly fires.