its a literal shame that Canada doesnt have aircraft carriers otherwise id be all over the place looking for one in arma  :P

its a literal shame that Canada doesnt have aircraft carriers otherwise id be all over the place looking for one in arma  :P

Hehe they have huge land and nature :) and down there US have already 11 carriers 

Edit: If Japan won it would be really nice they have building JS Izumo 

JS_Izumo_(DDH-183)_just_after_her_launch

• Like 1

Well, at least this topic has got off to a decent start.....

• Like 1

I think i have added fridtjof nansen frigate so later there will be more polls about other stuff as well ;)

yes. you added Fridtjof Nansen, thanks for that ;) 

• Like 1

Well, at least this topic has got off to a decent start.....

Hehe starting from scratch ;)

Several people will be getting warning infractions in the next few minutes.

The next offtopic aggressive post on this thread will have their posting rights suspended completely.

• Like 2

Was going to vote Russia, then remembered a lot of sweet stuff we could get of German origin :P

I couldn't figure out what to vote for because they all would be awesome till now when i realized you can vote for more than one !

• Like 1

Was going to vote Russia, then remembered a lot of sweet stuff we could get of German origin :P

To name some: Einsatzgruppenversorger Berlin or Frigates of the Brandenburg-/Sachsen-/Baden-Württemberg Class or maybe Corvettes of the Braunschweig Class...  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

To name some: Einsatzgruppenversorger Berlin or Frigates of the Brandenburg-/Sachsen-/Baden-Württemberg Class or maybe Corvettes of the Braunschweig Class...  :rolleyes:

whaaa i cant even spell it well let's wait final result of the votes looks very interesting list and promising :D 

0rqzjVW.png

This is a model of the german Sachsen Class

Very old, basic and rugged model that would need A LOT of work, but if you are interested to use it hit me up.

• Like 5

0rqzjVW.png

This is a model of the german Sachsen Class

Very old, basic and rugged model that would need A LOT of work, but if you are interested to use it hit me up.

it's very nice model i am always open for naval things :D 

• Like 1

Thread re-opened issue resolved.

On topic: Can't see the UK (Great Britain) on the poll, is there a reason for that?

• Like 4

Hi srbknight,
I'm seeing you writting in this forums about Naval stuff in the last few month. I'm very suprised how fast you are doing all those naval stuff! Congratulations, you are an expert modelling in blender (As I see in your images)!!

However, let me give you some feedback. I don't know what are your needs or what you intend but I'm seeing that modelling and finishing your ships in a "industrial" way (I mean, a repetitive task fast again and again) bring your addons not to be "unique" in arma community.. Ok yes, It's unique because no group have modelled or have your amazing (and large) roadmap but I think if you put "some more love" at your stuff and giving them more time in development phase, redoing the interiors (this is a personal "feature" and It's a point to discuss depending on your needs), "playing" with multi-material techniques (titles available in english) which have been created in RV engine for this purpose, giving the chance to developer use not only 1 texture per UV Map, putting a better textures mixing with proper normal/specular materials (and multimaterial).... etc.. These are the "little" things that holds in player's mind and make your addons to be "memorable" and if someone see your addon they for sure will re-play again mission with your naval stuff.

Big things take times, maybe some more than others but for sure if you want a "high"(est) level addon then It will cost resources in time and in human resources.
I will relate my own experience, in FFAAMOD, we had a ship ported from Arma 2 which was using a very poor UV Map/texture/materials (but hey, it was fine as it was unique in A2, no matter how poor it's because it was the only! jaja)... So, the "challenge" for us was make a ship using arma engine tech (Multi-material)/putting the proper textures (walls, floors etc) and bringing the "same" ship to the next level. Ok, development time was aproximately 1 year because we had a tons of addons in development phase running at the same time which could be reduced drastically if we focus only in this.

See two videos showing the "before" and "after", got the differences?

If you need some help/explains on "how to", I'm available since July (I'm now in exams).
And, if your needs are releasing the content as you are doing (a standard ships moveable which cannot be entered, wasting time developing interiors/material as It will not be in "eye's player" very often) then forgot all I've wrotten you!! Just thinking how you can improve your addons!

Keep standing up and good development time !

• Like 5

Hi srbknight,

I'm seeing you writting in this forums about Naval stuff in the last few month. I'm very suprised how fast you are doing all those naval stuff! Congratulations, you are an expert modelling in blender (As I see in your images)!!

However, let me give you some feedback. I don't know what are your needs or what you intend but I'm seeing that modelling and finishing your ships in a "industrial" way (I mean, a repetitive task fast again and again) bring your addons not to be "unique" in arma community.. Ok yes, It's unique because no group have modelled or have your amazing (and large) roadmap but I think if you put "some more love" at your stuff and giving them more time in development phase, redoing the interiors (this is a personal "feature" and It's a point to discuss depending on your needs), "playing" with multi-material techniques (titles available in english) which have been created in RV engine for this purpose, giving the chance to developer use not only 1 texture per UV Map, putting a better textures mixing with proper normal/specular materials (and multimaterial).... etc.. These are the "little" things that holds in player's mind and make your addons to be "memorable" and if someone see your addon they for sure will re-play again mission with your naval stuff.

Big things take times, maybe some more than others but for sure if you want a "high"(est) level addon then It will cost resources in time and in human resources.

I will relate my own experience, in FFAAMOD, we had a ship ported from Arma 2 which was using a very poor UV Map/texture/materials (but hey, it was fine as it was unique in A2, no matter how poor it's because it was the only! jaja)... So, the "challenge" for us was make a ship using arma engine tech (Multi-material)/putting the proper textures (walls, floors etc) and bringing the "same" ship to the next level. Ok, development time was aproximately 1 year because we had a tons of addons in development phase running at the same time which could be reduced drastically if we focus only in this.

See two videos showing the "before" and "after", got the differences?

If you need some help/explains on "how to", I'm available since July (I'm now in exams).

And, if your needs are releasing the content as you are doing (a standard ships moveable which cannot be entered, wasting time developing interiors/material as It will not be in "eye's player" very often) then forgot all I've wrotten you!! Just thinking how you can improve your addons!

Keep standing up and good development time !

This could be very good textures are pain for me there is tons of stuff that i have but still don't have time to make some quality textures everyone help is needed :) 

Thread re-opened issue resolved.

On topic: Can't see the UK (Great Britain) on the poll, is there a reason for that?

Yes i have added Daring Type 45 destroyer on current list :)

R8w3Rhy.jpgM198 desert skin author of textures phxdefcon :D

• Like 8

Germany has a navy? I wouldn't be me if i wasn't promoting/advocating for more dutch stuff for Arma, So perhaps one of the (newish) Holland Class patrol vessels, Or the new Karel Doorman JSS.