_blub

xtbbmalloc - A custom memory allocator for A3

Question!?: will you also make the SSE versions of the cma for AMD cpus or not?

2 hours ago, STONEY-DSP said:

Question!?: will you also make the SSE versions of the cma for AMD cpus or not?

CMA is based on tbbmalloc and this library has support for all Pentium 4 family and better CPUS, based on that you can use the default CMA in AMD cpus with similar SSE support like Pentium 4

See the Pentium 4 specs and compare with your own AMD cpu to see the SSE support:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Pentium_4_microprocessors#Pentium_4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_Athlon_64_microprocessors

Select your own branch 32 or 64bits before you try.

• Like 1

Im trying CMA out and it works great until i join my server.  is there a battle eye issue?  

I have similar problem...in SP I don't have any problem but when I go to MP game close after few minutes since connect on the server. This happens when I set UseLargePages = 1  and I don't have Dumping stats lines in cma.txt.

maybe x64 executables doesn't have admin rights? can't think of anything else, I never had issue like this - been using it at multiple different servers all BE enabled - windows7 x64.

hello guys i think this is related to this topic. since the last update (not the jet one. one before). i cant play arma3 the game loads up and even starts to load a mission. but thats it screen just goes black.

but at the start up of arma3 this is the message i get.

quote.

The selected memory allocator is not valid for the selected platform. The game will select an appropriate allocator automatically. message memory allocator has to be 64-bit.

i was wonderding if that is my problem. why game wont run and goes black and not responding. if so could some one please help me try and sort it. many thanks baz

14 hours ago, bazacop1 said:

hello guys i think this is related to this topic. since the last update (not the jet one. one before). i cant play arma3 the game loads up and even starts to load a mission. but thats it screen just goes black.

but at the start up of arma3 this is the message i get.

quote.

The selected memory allocator is not valid for the selected platform. The game will select an appropriate allocator automatically. message memory allocator has to be 64-bit.

i was wonderding if that is my problem. why game wont run and goes black and not responding. if so could some one please help me try and sort it. many thanks baz

well, it seems you mix platform and dll files. You need latest version from armaholic

you use CMA @ 64bit,

xtbbmalloc at 32bit.

both files are provided inside archive

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31217

So I hate to bump up old topics like these but ehrm..

Is there still any benefit into using this? Its been a loong time since its been last updated, and im running AMD (FX-8350)

I'll keep using default because I feel its better to, but if someone can explain to me if this is better, pls do

Just in case AVX2 version of CMA gave me incredible FPS boost from 60 to 69 in YAAB on Standard preset. Intel Skylake CPU. Thank you, @_blub

• Like 1