_blub

xtbbmalloc - A custom memory allocator for A3

Will ARMA 3 x64 allocate more than 4GB by default? 

How long till x64 hits the stable branch? And will you create a version of Arma 3 which uses AVX extensions to do all these 3d matrix calculations? Could benefit it a lot i guess.. Maybe just include multiple codepath depending on CPUID like Source Engine does!

Hi,

Its documented here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

Regarding default allocation you can find this:

Without the -maxMem parameter the engine attempts to set this parameter internaly to a reasonable value often defaulting to max values as described above.

So yes it should allocate more than 4GB by default if this is possible.

I cant answer you the other questions and I am pretty sure only the developers can but maybe there is no fixed date for this :)

Also there are other threads where your questions fit better and its more likely to get an answer.

• Like 1

yoho blub..can you send me a link about how to start up your custom allocator? Really wanna try it out

There is a readme included :)

Let me know if there is still something unclear

• Like 1

On 17/01/2017 at 2:46 PM, _blub said:

There is a readme included :)

Let me know if there is still something unclear

Hi Blub, Thanks for sharing! 

I'm trying to use him but, what i need to do with the source.zip?  

Heya Blub! 64bit dropped to RC...I hope you get your hands on and work your magic on the 64bit malloc.community needs you!

How is this going? Is it going somewhere or not?! Now 64bit out, need info updates for this. Thx amazing work, best memory allocator out there on 32bit, hope the same for 64!!

You already have a CMA 64bit version and that version is on BattlEye whitelist too.

• Like 1

Ok did not know that. Thx for the info, I will try it as soon as possible.

40 minutes ago, Horus said:

You already have a CMA 64bit version and that version is on BattlEye whitelist too.

• Like 1

Urgent!

guys, blub's dropbox link doesn't work. I need CMA x64 builds of malloc. Can you upload it to gdrive or somewhere? thanks!

4 hours ago, EpicMan said:

_blub awesome!! I hope you continiou the good work. Btw incredible performance also in 64b with cma_x64.dll and large pages on, much better than tbb4 64b, as you can see:

http://i.imgur.com/r4FtkVY.jpg

what kind of overlay showing cpu wattage etc? thats a good OC and great scores too

question @EpicMan  , are you using -hugePages commandline switch for that best results (TBB4/CMA) 64-bit ?

All dropbox links in OP are dead, probably due to dropbox removing the Public folder in the beginning of March. I had to redo all my links the other week. So much fun ... :)

On 6/30/2016 at 11:04 AM, foxhound said:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

xtbbmalloc v1.0.2

xtbbmalloc link works, thanks to foxhound. still best malloc for 32bit and funny enough I get better overall gaming experience with it than 64bit default bohemia release with or without hugepages. We need CMAx64 uploaded somewhere guys!

@dwarden, I got better results with cma x64(avx2 version) without -hugepages enable by command, but I know for sure they are enabled by other way (you know), but if you are using the standard tbb4mallox64 u need the command(-hugepages) for the best performance also. Here is the cma download u requested: https://mega.nz/#!uMdlUZDR!fqliM0Uhl5HLEtDyDujQnl5vJx69IL8Ih5TUSRl5ciI

Sorry bad english btw....

• Like 1

On 17/3/2017 at 2:54 AM, archibald tutter said:

what kind of overlay showing cpu wattage etc? thats a good OC and great scores too

I use hwinfo+msi afterburner+rivaturner and a custom osd profile that u can easily do.

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4690k core/uncore@4,5 ghz 1.226Vcore

GPU: Sapphire R9 280 1150/1570 mhz 1263V

RAM: 2x4Gb G.Skill DDR3 1600cl9 on XMP @2400 mhz cl10-12-12-31-165-1T 1.68V

SSD: Samsung 850 evo 256gb for OS(W10 Pro)+Steam (Arma 3) default pagefile.

MOBO: Gigabyte Z97P-D3 Rev1.1 Bios Version F7

Monitor: AOC Agon AG241QX 2560*1440 @144hz

And a bad PSU that dont let me OC further(Tacens MP700)

Arma Settings:

hC8AFgF.jpg

DlpSGEP.jpg

UdTYqrG.jpg

Pxi0giH.jpg

This settings were used along testing with different memory allocators.

Maybe it helps someone.

• Like 1

I test the cma_x64 (AVX version) and isnt whitelisted right now.

Works fine rigth now.

2 hours ago, abudabi said:

Can you guys compare AVX2 vs AVX?

I have a 2500k sandi bridge, which only supports AVX. That said, SSE (CMA x64 default build) performs better than AVX for me. I'm just gonna speculate: AVX for ivy bridge and AVX2 for kaby and later seems performing better. Anything older than ivy bridge (3xxx intels, like my 2500k) does SSE better.  Also, advanced processors like xeon or high L3 cache server processors should do AVX2 better.

we need hard data though to tell this though. If  I was working at BI or If I were them, I'd do tests across amd and intel, see what instruction set perform better at processors, and make launcher select the proper memory allocator for specific processor, just like detecting hardware it should select best - most benefiting memory allocator.

I did also test the AVX version with more or less same results than AVX2.

SHv6dmU.jpg

Also the benchmark is not 100% exact on both tests. Both test were done after a restart of pc(seems to work better).