Hey Von,

This campaign idea is AMAZING! I just tried it the first set up and is great ... please keep it going :)

Thanks partner.

The stats for Malden are:

Land: ......56 km

Water: ....113 km

Surf: .......56 km

Total: .....169 km

To run "WarZone" on any Map you'll need to know the Landmass, Map, Water etc. stats to plug into the Modules and use the % from the RuleBook. I included a landmass.sqf file I wrote you can run, but you'll have to run it manually via debug console or Radio Trigger. You should do this BEFORE you play as it puts a bunch of markers down as a visual representation to see what its tagging as to what group. It'll spit out the stats at the end. You'll need to write these down, and log them on the included Tally Sheet.

I'm also wondering if everyone is still cool with the entire project as sub-project stand-alones, or should I go back to just 1 addon project: SpookWarCom? Any thoughts on this? I may also re-brand this as well, but am struggling with a catchy name. I'm thinking about calling it all:  S3 - Spooks, Spectres, and SEALs.

I also fear with ACE3, ALiVE, etc. that no one seems to want to play anything else now, as they seem to be the one-stop catchall monopoly for mods.

I'm still waiting on feedback on the Bullet Wiz, Damage Effects, Radio, and Tactical Reload upgrades.

Tumble weeds and crickets... Hello? *tap tap* Is this thing on?

• Like 2

Tumble weeds and crickets... Hello? *tap tap* Is this thing on?

yeah its on. :D You might want to consider SW as it is the one stop shop for many new players so i think many people don't make it to BI forums and armaholic like they used to. because of the conveniance of SW people don't have to search for cool mods like back in the good old days  ;)

I also fear with ACE3, ALiVE, etc. that no one seems to want to play anything else now, as they seem to be the one-stop catchall monopoly for mods.

ace3 isn't save compatible and ALIiVE i've always found to be somewhat resource hungry and has that annoying 'warroom' save feature. they are very popular (and both very good)  but not quite a monopoly yet!

I'm also wondering if everyone is still cool with the entire project as sub-project stand-alones, or should I go back to just 1 addon project: SpookWarCom? Any thoughts on this? I may also re-brand this as well, but am struggling with a catchy name. I'm thinking about calling it all:  S3 - Spooks, Spectres, and SEALs.

well, i'll admit i was a little confused on this, is SpookWarCom currently containing all these separate addons? i only just downloaded this/scar/scout as i saw some had been updated since Spookwar? personally i quite like the idea of separate downloads as, for example, i never do the bomb diffuse or helo-drop things so i can just take the modules i need, however they're not huge addons (i mean file size not content) so it might be clearer for users (and maybe easier updating for you) in one addon. Re the re-branding, SpookWar is both catchy and pretty descriptive of the nature of the content so i feal like its a pretty good name.

• Like 2

giving it some testing love today, magic fun, good work again!

some feedback:

i had damage effects enabled and tried the random campsite start. That annoying arma thing where the campfires cause damage if you stand closer than 5ft meant the damage effect was getting spammed when i tried to go to the SOcom laptop to

get a mission so i had to disable them. i wonder if its possible to disable the fire damage on the random camp start instead  or something?

can't get the radio to work, again starting from on island ,'gypsy' radio item in radio slot, shift + c and select in action menu. radio comes up (slightly off bottom right screen) and i could not change the channel with arrow keys and saw no call signs? is there something in set up i'm missing?

can holster weapon on back but then can't get it back into hands without dropping it on ground and picking it up again!

also getting this msg :

13:29:44 Error in expression <rtAction\vqi_core_covert_unarmed.sqf"

if (VQI_CORE_HINTS) then { hint "covert_>
13:29:44   Error position: <if (VQI_CORE_HINTS) then { hint "covert_>
13:29:44   Error if: Type Number, expected Bool
13:29:44 File vqi_core\VQI-CreepyCORE\CovertAction\vqi_core_covert_unarmed.sqf, line 3

no idea if its important ;)

have a good day bud

Thanks!

I'll look into them. The Radio thing must be from different Screen Resolutions. I forgot all about that. Grrrrr. Its setup for 1920x1080.

• Thanks 2

Its setup for 1920x1080.

yep, i'm on old older (but large) 1366x768 tv so that will be that.

boyoboy that custom base composition is cool though :D

• Like 1

I’d prefer the all in one option myself. Honestly it’s harder for me to keep track of the state of spookwarcom since it’s all been separated.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I’d prefer the all in one option myself. Honestly it’s harder for me to keep track of the state of spookwarcom since it’s all been separated.

^^^THIS!!

Solid Copy fellas.

If i have some free time this next week, I'll start to look into having both the full package of SpookWarCom, and the current stand-alone single projects.

I'll be providing downloads for both, and on Steam Workshop as well if you prefer that route as I had mentioned a while back.

Now that these are mostly past the half way point v0.5.0, I'll be focused more on cleaning up the code, including server keys, better server code, 3D models, dialogs, effects, and more of the other "fun stuff" as I can now see the end of this in sight within the next year. I would love to move onto making Terrains too at some point, but I'm still unsure at this point depending on where BIS goes with ArmA 4 and a new Game Engine.

I changed my workflow, and moved some software to help speed things up. I made great progress on the current Diver Lockout Chamber which should be out in the next few weeks. I also will be finishing up my Submarine Project by this spring called S.O.N.A.R.

Here's a sneak peak at the U-Boat Style CSAT Naval Sub I was working on this past year.

ap6MnEq.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Stay Frosty!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

First at all a big +1 for an all in one steam upload :)

feedback so far..

love the radio ...but had a hard time to find out how it works (for me double click the arrow buttons to switch function...intended ?)

love the blood splatter ...but you should improve the effect..should be more transparant and more dark and a bit more subtle...right now it looks more like blood splatter taken from a comic 

bullet wizz...I prefer the original sonic crack but that is just my personal taste

would be cool if you could make this otional by module config

tactical reload...not tested yet will wait for next patch 

ops center...made my own ops center aboard the USS Freedom using the stuff from your template

would be cool if all the laptops and stuff for creating an ops center would be avaible directly in the editor  

getting intel works fine, creating missions works fine, creating flightplanes, inspection etc works fine, teleporting ( using the exit stand) to plane, helicopter or submarine works fine

would love to see a short cutscene/intro before spawning inside the chopper like you did for the submarine and the plane, also navigating through the  laptop menus ist not fun with all the idle anim, head bobbing and wabbling because Arma stuff...

sniper and EOD stuff not tested yet 

really waiting for the new submarine interior :)

in general...as good and as fun infiltation is, exfiltration needs definitely some love !

Just an idea but beside calling in a chopper using the new radio it would be cool to have a second option if things go wrong,  like maybe reaching a safe house somewhere on the map. This could be fun including search parties, roadblocks, more helicopters searching for you...stealing vehicles or using different clothing....

Optional you could use a boat or SDV if this was your choice of infiltration :)

cheers :)

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would love to see Spookwar back in one larger download for inclusiveness.  But at the same time, having each available as a download is a good idea also. 
Steam Workshop would be great.  I could possibly get my unit to test this out if it was on Steam Workshop.

Do you plan on making components configurable in Editor or Parameters? EDIT: By that I mean, do you plan to incorporate CBA for settings ?   Or will it still all be run by modules placed on mission files?

I am really looking forward to MP compatible FROGS/SONAR and HALO for inclusion with my unit.  CORE/and others will help fill in if someone doesn't want to run missions in Zeus.

It's great to see you making progress with the different components of SpookWar.  
I really think that you should put together some videos detailing the different components and setup.  And possibly a playthrough video showing us how your unit plays and YOU envision SpookWar being used for missions and Campaigns.  

Too kind!....

I'll try and dig up my old Pay Pal account or something.

:eyeheart:

• Thanks 1

DONATE

I found my old PayPal Account and turned it back On. I can't find the old Donate Buttons they used to have. Not sure if they are obsolete now or what.

I'll be adding links/buttons to all Projects, Steam, Armaholic, and my Signature. If anyone can think of a better way to fund projects, or donate let me know.

Buy me a Beer!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Von Quest said:

DONATE

I found my old PayPal Account and turned it back On. I can't find the old Donate Buttons they used to have. Not sure if they are obsolete now or what.

I'll be adding links/buttons to all Projects, Steam, Armaholic, and my Signature. If anyone can think of a better way to fund projects, or donate let me know.

Buy me a Beer!

Patreon is supposed to be a good service for people to support work by artists of any stripe.  You could check that out.

"No update due to logistical issues."

Lol. Sorry for the long delay. I believe I stated somewhere I'd have an update soon and start including a Steam Workshop option...

I got bogged down with a few issues, and cleaning up configs and file-paths. I'm also almost done with a New Tactical Ops Center that will be all vanila and jammed packed with detail. I added more spawn options, fixed the Radio for all (hopefully) screen resolutions, added a few more Radio options, added a CIA SOG dude, tweaked weapons config, fixed some config errors, etc.

I'm hoping to finish the updates soon, and hopefully will be uploading to Steam soon. Thanks guys. Over & Out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Would love to see an ops center based on the new Destroyer Interior, for that off coast ship vibe. Maybe the new carrier next to it in the distance for immersion. Anyhow, love this mod. Great work!

PS. You should consider trying patreon for mod development donations. I'll send some money your way on pay day because this mod just changed my ARMA experience so drastically. But it would be great if there was a monthly subscription system like Patreon has. Or, heck, do both. Or just do you, boo-boo.

• Thanks 1

Getting back to work.....

I have a new Ops Center coming, and a Submarine Ops Center (using the Destroyer as you mentioned).

Like all my other projects, I forget where I left off. I added a new Damage readout you can check where you got shot, but its a tad glitchy right now. It should be in the next update.

And as stated in the past, I do have plans for all projects to be added into Steam. Just can't seem to find a long slow weekend to get it squared away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

v0.5.5 Beta
=======================
ADDED: NEW Tactical Ops Center (vanila objects)
ADDED: Medical Bullet Hit Report (WIP)
ADDED: Climate Setting (future expansion)
ADDED: Several BINOCs (Therm, Rangefinder, etc)
MISC: several misc changes I forget/lost

NOTE - For the best experience :

1. Download/Install all NEW project updates.

2. Download the Current Battle Map (see sig)

3. Download and skim through the RuleBook (see sig)

This should bring everything into the new year!!!

Standard Disclaimer - all is still very WIP

ENJOY!

• Like 6

Von Quest.  Have you thought about setting up a Discord for SpookWar?  That way you can post updates, answer questions in a more real time forum,  sneak peaks etc?

And good to see you back at work on this!

On 1/19/2019 at 9:02 AM, Von Quest said:

NOTE - For the best experience :

2. Download the Current Battle Map (see sig)

3. Download and skim through the RuleBook (see sig)

Yo Von, I may just be blind or an idiot, but what "sig" are you referring to here? 

EDIT: Thanks @ski2060, didn't have signature enabled lol

He's referring to his Forum signature block that has the links to his mission and current projects.

• Thanks 2

Sorry fellas...

I ran out of time this weekend for releases. I forgot adding some custom user options would break like 20 other files. Grrr. I did a lot of work for several projects, but could not finish them.

As of right now, I have custom user settings for setting your HALO/PJ Gear in LEAP. Still have more polish to put into it though for a public release. I have the custom user options for Infil/Exfil Helis for CORE. All new experimental stuff is working in the prototypes and testing, just need to insert those into the public versions. I figured out how to get ANY custom user factions into SCAR as well. Should have a few goodies ready soon.

Steam Workshop full package will have to wait a tad longer.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No biggie man. Take your time.  I think we're just all glad to see you back in action.

• Thanks 1