What I am doing is adding some complete industrial areas to your composition (around the warehouse), so that you can actually leave it and walk around outside. So far I've made a location for the Mediterranean Area and the South Pacific ( will do one for East European and Middle East as well), Deleting the ops center after starting a mission would allow me to place these compositions then somewhere on the map and not outside of it. .Also if possible please add an option to start intel after using the mission generator :) ...Would be perfect if the map also could be hidden as long no mission has been generated.

cheers

Just so nobody gets confused... the intended purpose of the Ops Center, is to role-play you start in an entirely different country. A NATO ally in the region. Which is why we play with it off the Map.

If you start with it as part of the map, then using the Transports for Infil (HALO, ParaJump, Heli, Submarine, etc) is kinda pointless.

The beauty of the custom template, is you can setup however you want, and design your own stuff. Cool beans. To each his own. You're free do do as you wish with it, just pointing out the original intention, especially for those who may be new. :P

I'll have to think about the delayed option for the SCAR Intel Report. Not sure why you'd need that. It's only going to get erased no matter what. If running SCAR, I don't know why you'd what to skip the Intel Report. The current version starts within 30-60 seconds.

The way we play, is the SCAR AO Report determines what Transport we use (and to some extent what weapons we take). HALO/HAHO for stealth or to glide a long ways. Black-Ops Civ Heli for close non-stealth direct action, or if HALO is blocked by SAMs and/or Radar. And Submarine w/SDV if Mission Area is within 2km of the coast. The Sub/SDV is also the safest and most stealthy. Then Exfil is always Black-Ops Civ Heli w/ "Mission End" option of course.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. Gonna take a break for October since I had a large code-a-thon to get the last of these out. May have some small updates here and there though.

Over & Out.

• Like 1

Missunderstanding :) I exactly rollplay it that way as intended but I would prefer to place my edited versions of your composition on the map to have some ambient sounds and as well some buildings or landscape around my ops center ( which is a closed area btw) This is why I would like to have it deleted after starting the mission. Starting the intel after mission start is not a must have but would add an extra bit of immersion especially when rollplaying the ops center being situated in a complete different region or country than the mission map.

cheers...I will upload an example as soon as possible to show what I mean

love it :)

I finally had a chance to throw something together last night. 
I tried both the old and new TOC's (placing the new one way out in the ocean) and things seemed to work OK.  I did have issues with sub infil from the old TOC, but that might have been because I was trying it on Lingor 3.66, which has shallow water all over.

Issue I noticed with the new TOC:

Couple AI spawning in the floor.  Not a big deal, and can probably be fixed by placing the TOC on land instead of over water by users.

I didn't have a lot of time to test last night, so I'll try to do some more today.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Hi! I don't use the Ops Center so I don't know if this is an issue with that or not and I am something of a newbie to Arma so that could have something to do with my issue as well.

Regardless, while using the option for a campsite spawn, I get strange error messages that look something like this while the spawning occurs and at random times in-game.

http://i.imgur.com/vxgJQX9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zt6q9tT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IVvLKVp.jpg

What is causing this and is there any way to fix it?
Thank you so much! This is a really excellent mod otherwise.

So Sorry. I'll fix that in an update. Currently I'm taking a break from ArmA. I didn't update the Campsite code so it has some out-of-date variables in it from the last set of upgrades. Not sure when I'll be back, as both my dev PCs are torn down right now.

Take your time man! As it stands it seems that the mod is mostly functional but the error messages are sort of irritating aha. Thank you!

fantastic looking mod, lots of useful tools! one question with covert, placing and turning it on doesnt seem to work, still getting shot in the face.Any help would be great! im new to scripting so go easy :D

Haven't used it in a long time, but I'll try and point a few things out...

Make sure you give it a good minute or so to start before facing the enemy. Make sure you are playing as BLUFOR. You CANNOT have a weapon in your hands while in view of the enemy. You CANNOT have a Vest of any kind on. And you CANNOT have a Launcher on your back. Any weapons you have you must have them hidden in your uniform or backpack.

And once your cover is blown, it's blown for a long time. Once the enemy sees you as a threat, the Intel goes out over the radio to all his buddies nearby. You need to loose the enemy and hide a fair amount distance away and stay hidden before it resets back to 'covert' mode.

It may be broken, as I haven't used it in a long time. I think it's some of the coolest little chunk of code I've ever written for ArmA. I'll have to test it again to see. Hope that helps.

Yup. I wonder if he changed some Classnames. I'll look into it, and get back to you. I'll try and do a small update this weekend.

What objects are missing? Are you missing the warehouse itself? BEFORE you place the composition, make sure the Eden Vertical Mode is clicked to Sea Level (straight line).

Otherwise several objects are misaligned or sunk below. I wonder if that was the issue?

Hey Von, first of all let me say I LOVE your work, it seriously is like a whole new game (an amazing game!). I know you work hard on this and I think I speak for all of us when I say we greatly appreciate your work. 

With that said, I do have some questions and issues I'd like to bring up. I only recently discovered this awesome mod and I just now have started to use the Advanced TOC. I basically only play single player and the new TOC doesn't teleport my AI team mates to the TOC. I was wondering if I'm just doing something wrong or if I need to just use the standard TOC? 

Second, if using the TOC I do NOT need to place a LEAP module, correct? I can just access it from the TOC? Because the problem is, if I place down the LEAP module then I can select to have AI drop with me, however, the jump master in the new TOC won't let me access the menu for the pre jump check and thus I can't really jump (so I can't see if the AI will jump with me, but I'm assuming they won't without the module). Also, when I don't place the LEAP module and I'm able to board the XC130, it spawns me in the corner of the map just stationary on the ground or underwater (tested on several maps-if the map is an island it will spawn underwater) and without my AI team. Again, this is in the new TOC. In the old TOC the air crew will spawn, hover, start a swimming animation, then disappear. Sometimes one will stay (and it alternates which one) but most of the time they both disappear. That also seems to only happen on maps that are islands though (i.e. Where the TOC spawns over water). 

Third, when in the new TOC I will go to the logistics computer, request submarine transport, go to the exit stand, attempt to board, its cuts to a screen with the picture of the submarine, then teleports me back to the TOC with a prompt to select waypoints on a laptop but I'm pretty sure that laptop is supposed to be in the submarine. Thus I can't use the submarine. 

So I'm pretty sure im just doing something wrong because no one else seems to be having these issues. Do you have any idea what it could be?

Thanks!

P.S. I get a crap ton of error codes, I'll try to post some screen shots of them this week. 

Thanks!

I'd almost suggest to wait until my updates. I think right now, everything is terribly out-of-date.

The Advanced TOC does not support AI. I never use them, so I always forget to code for them. AI just get in the way for me. I'll make a note to add them, but you may have to remind me in the future.

Modules. You have to place ALL Modules you are using. If using LEAP, then place it, and set it to 'system only'. Like I said, I think a ton of stuff is broken right now in the public versions I have out. I'll try and upload the new stuff soon. Not sure when though. The Menu to get your Parachute I think is missing on your version. The new one, I had to put it on the Crate itself for it to work. I don't know what BIS did, but it messed up alot of my menu stuff.

I'll try and upload all projects this weekend, but don't hold your breath.

• Like 2

Awesome! I'm excited for the update! Take your time though, I understand if it'll take a while :)

and thanks for the info! I got the LEAP module to work and found a way to utilize my AI team in the new TOC, now my issue is just maps with water and the FROGS module. 

One more quick question though, when I use system only for the LEAP module, it teleports me to my insertion point but it doesn't spawn the plane. I just kinda hover there until I move forward. Is that normal when you turn it on system only? 

Anyway thanks again for the info and reply! I really appreciate it. 

UPDATE

v0.2.2 Beta
=======================

UPDATED: Heli Support System
TWEAKED: Advanced Ops Center
CHANGED: Heli will request Smoke Color
ADDED: User Heli options
ADDED: Drag/Carry (broken)
ADDED: Helocast
ADDED: Helocast Zodiac for the Ghosthawk
ADDED: UAV & Motar into Huron Equipment
ADDED: Radio now required to call Heli Support
ADDED: NEW WEAPONS! (WIP)

NOTE: Don't get used to the New Weapons. Its just a re-config of some of the default vanilla weapons. There is only a few, as I was experimenting with learning a whole new side to BIS' config and sound setup for weapons.

I'm already in the process of redoing it as I type this. So expect them to change alot as I get new ideas, and design some formulas. My first focus was to make Movie-Style weapons that SOUND like we are used to in our favorite Action Films. The Silencers, are Fictional and will REDUCE your weapon's performance by 20%, but make them EXTREMELY quite to the Enemy AI.

There is also an Error that the Mk48 7.62 (LIM) will throw. I'll fix that later. You may need the Apex expansion to use some of my new stuff. I'll expand on design details and philosophy in a future post. Sorry for the long delay. I'll try and push out what I have so far for all Projects this week.

Enjoy.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

If anyone makes a SP mission using Von Quest's mods, could you send it to me?

I can. What map do you want? And how many team mates?

• Like 1

I'll upload the Current Mission we are playing right now if you want. Its mostly played through, so NATO has 3 Bases Captured right now.

Some of it might not make sense as we use a bunch of off-line stuff that goes into it. All that you'll see is the basic Tanoa Map where you have to get your Mission, or Attack and Clear an AO, then remove -1 from the Module settings.

The Background is AAF (and Syndikat) has Invaded Tanoa and NATO is Counter-Attacking to get it back. We play this "WarZone" Game Mode by being Spec-Ops, and doing whatever Misc Missions we get from SOCOM.

If you choose to NOT do a Mission, then we have to pick, and engage to clear a specific AO. This "Game Mode" Documentation will be included sometime next year at some point. Don't have time to expand further right now.

Hang On. Uploading....... re-fresh this page in about 20 minutes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

I can. What map do you want? And how many team mates?

Oh sweet a reply! :) Doesn't matter to me! I guess if I had to request I do like the offmap ops planning center (because it's fun to plan a sub or halo drop into the action) but really I am not fussy, even if you don't use it. Whatever you do is cool. I have just about every mod ever downloaded so if it's a modded map or whatever, that's perfectly ok. I just appreciate the offer! Thanks!

EDIT: And thanks to @Von Quest for the offer as well! Yeah I'll take whatever you've got. I miss spookwarcom so much! Thanks guys.

• Like 1

Mission:

Operation - GAMBIT

There you go guys. All Dropbox Files should now be updated. If already downloaded, you may need to re-download again to get the NEW stuff. It updated slowly today with all the Mods being uploaded at the same time.

Hooyah!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Von Quest said:

Mission:

Operation - GAMBIT

There you go guys. All Dropbox Files should now be updated. If already downloaded, you may need to re-download again. It updated slow today with a massive file dump into my account.

Hooyah!

Sounds like an awesome mission!  Can't wait to try it. Are you using Alive or just SCAR? 

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Oh sweet a reply! :) Doesn't matter to me! I guess if I had to request I do like the offmap ops planning center (because it's fun to plan a sub or halo drop into the action) but really I am not fussy, even if you don't use it. Whatever you do is cool. I have just about every mod ever downloaded so if it's a modded map or whatever, that's perfectly ok. I just appreciate the offer! Thanks!

EDIT: And thanks to @Von Quest for the offer as well! Yeah I'll take whatever you've got. I miss spookwarcom so much! Thanks guys.

Cool! I'll pm you one tonight. I'll add some mods then and let you know which ones, mostly for the ops center and OpFor (I'll keep it fairly simple though). Glad there's another single player guy out there!!

• Like 1

Thanks!

Let me know how it goes. There are often a few bugs in the public release, and especially when I upload a lot of stuff, things get missed.

No ALiVE. Just SCAR for the Enemy. I haven't used ALiVE in a loooong time. And so you guys know, I should have some New Ops Centers coming. I'll be adding 3-4 soon that are vanilla, so you wont need the Eden Objects Addon. I wouldn't use TOC1 for now. I'm sure its broken. Haven't tried it in a long time. With the new compositions that BIS added a while back, its so easy to just make your own now. TOC2 is AMAZING and its not even done yet. Just make sure you are Clicking the Data Terminal to get the other objects in the room to activate (Arsenal, etc).

In the future, starting next month maybe, I'll be including a link in my Sig to the Current Map/Mission we are playing with our Story-Line on Global Conflicts, Geopolitics, and so on. Operation: Gambit is only part of a larger story. The Maps are meant to play over and over as you wish, anyway you wish. Nothing is forced. Infil/Exfil the Map completing Missions as you wish, and changing the Modules to reflect what you did. Fairly straightforward and simple.

The three Game Modes I have been working on are WarZone, Behind Enemy Lines, and Battlefield. I'll be including Documentation at some point I think, that you can print out and follow along at home. All my Projects (SpookWarCom in total) is meant to apply to all these Game Modes, depending on the Country you are operating in, or the conflict you are assigned to. More on that later... Its CLASSIFIED.

Enjoy your weekend brothers!

Over & Out!!

• Like 3

Sounds awesome! I can't wait!

And I just had a couple minutes to try out the new modules on my lunch break and they're freaking amazing!! I got to use the FROGS module for the first time and it's literally the most badass thing ever. Amazing work!! Also the new TOC is freaking awesome!! Love the new additions. 

Also, from the small bit of testing I was able to do, everything seemed to work great! The only issue I noticed (and I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong) is in the FROGS system. Everything for the sub is working great except I can't board it when trying to from the surface. I placed a sub in the editor, named it what you said in the txt, selected board from surface in the module, swim up and there's no option to board. Not really a big deal because like I said, the teleporting works great (the cut scene is super cool btw). Any idea why I can't board though?

Lastly, just a request to at some point (whenever you're able, no rush) to make the advanced TOC single player compatible :) right now in the editor I just place a platform hovering in the air and place the TOC and my units on top of it and tell them to hold the f still so they don't walk off lol. So no rush because it works just fine for me. 

Also, quick question (you may have said something about this in the files but I just didn't have time to read them - if you did I apologize!) how do you use the heliporter paperwork in the new TOC?

Thanks again!

• Like 1