I haven't tested that in a while... busy with other upgrades and Tanoa.

But, yes mostly. You MUST be Stealthy to begin with. The Enemy can't know who you are first or you must be far away from them to re-hide after x time. Then NO visible Weapons; hidden on you is okay like your Outfit or Backpack. And you cant be wearing a Vest of any kind. You can have a weapon in your hands and stuff, but just as long as you are NOT SPOTTED with it in your hands. Once you are spotted the Enemy then Radios all others nearby with your description and then they are on a lookout for you until a random cool-off period.

I'll keep testing it and see what is going on with it.   I know you are swamped but if you ever get a chance to touch this section and add in a disguise option that would be great.   

EDIT: Seems to be working some outfits seem to trigger the AI to attack.  The AI does lock on to you and just keeps trying to point their weapons.  Not a huge deal at least the stopped killing my soldier. 

So, I was re-visiting the Spookwar stuff to see if I can get something going for my unit.
Instead of starting at the Offsite OpCenter, I was thinking of using the small campsite start with laptop to set missions and choose either HALO or Sub insertion.

Is this doable?  When I attempt to use the random campsite, it spawns a laptop, but the laptop has no menu items attached to it.  No way to spawn missions or anything.

Am i just mistaken in what the Campsite is supposed to be for?  Or am I missing something regarding setup to use HALO/SUB/ Mission setup from there?

I'll take a look... It should have the SOCOM Mission Generator stuff. You might have to have that Module down though to get the Menu. I'll have to get back to you...

As for the HALO/Submarine stuff, that would be a No. It doesn't make much sense to enter the Map you are already in. Its supposed to simulate already have sneaked into the country covertly (posing as a camper/hiker/backpacker/etc). The way we play if using the Campsite Option is we role-play some local fixer, or contact guy (who's been paid) to sneak us across the border and dump us off somewhere random in his truck with camping supplies and random weapons he managed to scrounge up somewhere. The weapons and stuff should be on the ground somewhere hidden in the grass. Maybe. And/or the Backpack. We use the Campsite + the Covert together.

Then we get the random mission from the Laptop (you may have to wait for a few minutes for it to spawn). Then all the fun is trying to figure out where we are, and how to complete that mission with little to no resources and very limited supplies. Black-Ops style!

I'll take a look... It should have the SOCOM Mission Generator stuff. You might have to have that Module down though to get the Menu. I'll have to get back to you...

As for the HALO/Submarine stuff, that would be a No. It doesn't make much sense to enter the Map you are already in. Its supposed to simulate already have sneaked into the country covertly (posing as a camper/hiker/backpacker/etc). The way we play if using the Campsite Option is we role-play some local fixer, or contact guy (who's been paid) to sneak us across the border and dump us off somewhere random in his truck with camping supplies and random weapons he managed to scrounge up somewhere. The weapons and stuff should be on the ground somewhere hidden in the grass. Maybe. And/or the Backpack. We use the Campsite + the Covert together.

Then we get the random mission from the Laptop (you may have to wait for a few minutes for it to spawn). Then all the fun is trying to figure out where we are, and how to complete that mission with little to no resources and very limited supplies. Black-Ops style!

Ah Hah!

Yeah I was just mistaken in it's usage.  I was thinking of using it as a sort of Staging area that the team could then use to decide how they want to infiltrate the target area on the map (basically like the off site center, just during MP play with respawn turned on).  I can just build a spot and place down items with your code for using the SUB for that stuff I guess. 

Thanks for clearing that up.

Doesnt work. Throws error same with your SOCOM thing.. anyway I liked the original. No addaction on the laptop too..i donno whats the addon all about.

I haven't uploaded the update yet.

Soon. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Hi Von Quest. I know you had mentioned working on a new off-site ops center. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on the new modules until this has been completed (I freaking loved it in Spookwarcom. Getting to choose either water or air insertion from your own little CIA-feeling war room is always a real treat).

What's the current status on the off-site ops center in the download right now? Is it currently working with the laptop/mission generator, the scuba dive, halo drop, and enemy spawner? Or would an on-map camp site be recommended for now? I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. I adore the seperate pages and mods but I'm having a hard time putting together in my mind the current state of everything together as a whole.

I was hoping BIS had a new Function for spawning in Eden Compositions at this last 1.64 update they just released.... But nope!

I may have to include the Template now. Which isn't a big deal, but users will have to place and set the Comp manually. I haven't looked at the old Ops Center lately. The new one is amazing. I don't want to go back to the old one, but I think I have it fixed to work. I'll have to run some tests maybe and check this week.

Would you (and everyone) be okay with manually setting the comp/template yourselves? You all should be familiar with that feature in the Editor by now. You would just have to place my .sqe file (the composition) into your profile folder is all. Then in the Editor, just grab and place it off in the corner somewhere up and out of the water somewhere or even off the actual (in the black) Map.

Also for the New Advanced Ops Center, you would need to download and run a few more Addons.

- EUROFORCE by Indeedpete

- Eden Objects by Kydoimos

And all my projects of course: LEAP, FROGS, SOCOM, SCAR, etc

I cant remember off-hand what else is needed right now for it; probably nothing else. Maybe ACE3? The Euroforce is for the Commanders, but I can usually script a work-around if people don't have it or want to download it, but I haven't got that far. The Eden Objects is a MUST though. I really like his stuff and it saves me a ton of time of making the objects and TV Screens needed for a true Section 20 Tactical Operations Center feel!

If everyone is cool with very minimal setup themselves, and those downloads, I can release the CORE Update in a day or two!

You're right, the CORE Ops Center is the Heart of all this, and ties everything together. Thoughts?

I can certainly do the composition placement by hand for a mission.  Eden Items looks small enough, shouldn't be a problem with getting that for the actual items. 
I'm not sold on the Euroforce just for the Commander though.

Is there any way to give an option to use either Ops Center?  Automatic for the old style, or if users are willing to place the items and use the new style?

I'd just like to be able to try an Ops Center with a working Sub Insertion option.

I honestly would even prefer to place the ops center own my own :) For the commanders I would like simple A 3 vanilla soldiers that can be modified, no need for a complete mod just for a few npcs. Eden objects is a must have anyway :)

cheers

I'm personally relatively comfortable with the editor so like Ski2060, I have no problems manually placing the ops center composition myself. I also downloaded Eden Objects the second you mentioned using it for this so I already have that, so no big deal there either. :) And IndeedPete is incredible too, so if he made Euroforce, it must be worth having as well.

I guess though if you did go that route, of course you'd probably get asked quite a bit from people that aren't familiar with editor how exactly to set it up (for whatever reason with Spookwarcom, very rarely did users ever read or comprehend the included readme's) so I'd probably at least suggest a brief explanation for it in the first post, if anything just to save you the headache.

I trust your instincts on that so whatever you roll with will work for me.

But what is this about the sub insertion? Is that not planned with the new off-site ops model? :(

Having a composition would even allow us to modify the op center a bit and/or  rearrange stuff and place it on the Nimitz for example or somewhere else. Plus we can directly place our units inside the op center.

Would it be possible to hide the player marker on the map as long as we are inside the op center ??

Edit : will we maybe get some kind of animated or blurred or even black screen when starting our missions  including some text providing time, date and location  ( would love to see that implemented )

cheers and keep it up 

Sounds good. I'll get this out then this week. Both Ops Centers will be supported. The old, simple, vanilla automatic spawned one. And the New advanced Ops Center that you will have to place (or modify) yourself.

I'll make EUROFORCE optional. But you're missing out though. Its cool stuff. If your missing that add-on, then it'll just spawn vanilla guys.

The New one supports all my projects. It'll have it all. (still wip remember) But, yeah it supports the Mission Generator, the HALO Ops, Combat Diving, AO Intel, etc.

And the Starting Screen is already in it as well as the Text. Except the text is user input. Not automatic. You'll have to type what you want. There are 3 lines to use. Example:

SECTION 20, BRITISH INTELLIGENCE

WAREHOUSE #245, TACTICAL OPS CENTER

SOUTH PACIFIC, FIJI ISLANDS - TANOA

• Like 2

Sounds absolutely great :)

PS: Section 20 without female models ? ....would not work for Damien Scott  :P

​

UPDATE:

v0.2.1 Beta
=======================

FIXED: Start-Time OFF Option not working
FIXED: Several Issues with OLD Ops Center
ADDED: Civ MH-9 Black-Ops Transport Option
ADDED: Weapon Aming/Sway Option
ADDED: Fatigue Option ON/OFF
ADDED: Holster Weapon Start Option
ADDED: Holster Weapon in Menu
ADDED: INFO TEXT Starting Option - 3 Lines
ADDED: Map Start Screen (more coming)
ADDED: Advanced Ops Center w/ Template

• Like 2

Thoughts and/or Reviews of the New Advanced Ops Center?????? B)

Everyone get it working okay? I did a brief type-up on the setup and a walkthrough. I also removed EUROFORCE for you so its Vanilla except for the Eden Objects.

I'll post an Example Mission in a week or two with all my recommendations for setting it all up with my addons, ALiVE, etc. for a fully immersive sandbox.

• Like 2

Seems that it is still the outdated version on Armaholic ,,,dl von dropbox is fine...testing now :)

I guess I forgot to change the file, it should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing out my mistake :)

Thanks for the headsup about the new version mate :)

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

=VQI= Core v0.2.1 Beta

required_addons.png

Community Base addons A3

Didn't have a chance to check it out yet, was playing Antistasi Warlords with the crew all last night.
I'll see if I can get a look, but working for the next 6 days :(

The new OPs Center is  simply amazing and absolutely meets this special Strike Back feeling, setting up a mobile Black Site .) The composition allows to edit the ops center to my own liking and to place it where ever I want, which is super cool. Generating missions works fine ( very cool idea to use the satcom device), also getting intel, flightplans etc works fine...only thing after creating a flightplane and gearing up for a halo jump the flightmaster gave me no option to check my gear and to start  the mission. But maybe it was just me being overexcited because of this release :)

Would be nice to also have a special loading screen instead of the map screen.In this case, loving your black world map and the possibility to choose my own text !

keep it up

• Like 1

Think i got it placed.... but when it loads the new command center everything is not in its place. to high or to low any way of fixing this ?

And is it possible to not have the intel comeup ? because it whipes all the wp of the map.

Just toggle the vertical mode so that composition snaps to the ground...for the intel...do not start the mission generator before the intel has ended :)

It would be super cool if the complete ops center (composition) would be deleted as soon a mission starts :)

Good idea. I'll add that to the project roadmap.

And about placing the New Ops Center Template, ...there is some more detailed info in the CORE folder. He's right. Make sure to click the "Vertical Mode" button BEFORE you click on Custom Compositions or the objects are all out of whack. You should see a straight-line indicated (sea level vs terrain level).

And as for the WP, not sure what you mean. If you are running SCAR, then ALL Markers get stored in a variable (controls the alpha channel) which displays the Markers. They are still there. Just invisible. If you run the Mission Generator before SCAR is done (which is fine), then it just puts that Mission Marker into whatever AO Layer is up at the time and gets stored at that time.

Just pull up that layer to see the Mission Marker. SHIFT + A to pull up the SCAR player menu. You can select any Intel AO type or even display 'all AO Markers'. Do not use the AO Desk in the Ops Center. I see there is a glitch for some reason. Use the player menu.

If you are referring to other user made markers, unfortunately I have no way currently to distinguish between mine, and others since they are generated dynamically. I'll will try and address this sometime down the road. Right now SCAR stores ALL Markers at the start.

I'll add a Mission Template too maybe over the weekend quick to see how we have our current game setup with Tanoa and ALiVE. I'll include both Tanoa and Altis. Vanilla and with ALiVE.

Back to Private Evans, that's a good idea. I'll be adding an option to delete the whole Ops Center. Should be easy enough. I also plan on adding an option to teleport back into it as well. I started that option with the Old Ops Center, but it's not working right now.

Anyways, so far so good guys? All looking cool? Other ideas for Options or Requests?

• Like 1