Really nice Von .. One of the best mods around for sure. Im having one issue though ... The LEAP crew that set ur flight path and the FLight master start to move around in the Op Center after a while and sometimes they go through walls and become completely inaccessible. Maybe u could add a doStop this command to them after they spawn or some animation to keep them in place?

EDIT:

Adding the following after the hotfix code located between lines 71-74 seems to solve the issue:

doStop JumpMaster;
doStop LoadMaster;

sleep 1;

QUESTION:

Are these addons savegame compatible? I cant load any saved games with them ...
  • Like 1

Von, you mentioned doing a small update for CORE, FROGS and SOCOM.  I see FROGS and SOCOM have updates, but did the CORE not get pushed yet?

The CORE didn't have nor need any updates at this time. I thought I had to update it to fix the Laptop Menu, but that is controlled by the SOCOM Module.

The problem with loading a savegame was not your addons fault but the Nimitz. Apparently it somehow prevents saved games from being loaded.

well, the problem with not being able to use the FROGS laptop in the Ops centre still persist, it looks like (from the option of the laptop in the ops center) that it uses the old laptop. basicly you get option like board sub, deep and shallow, but none of them do anything.

So I have a question.  If I am using the Off-site Ops Center to start off in, how would I go about doing respawns in a map?  Just place down a respawn_west somewhere on the map I think may be decent?  Respawn on squad?
I'd like to know how you guys are going about setting things like this up?

So I have a question. If I am using the Off-site Ops Center to start off in, how would I go about doing respawns in a map? Just place down a respawn_west somewhere on the map I think may be decent? Respawn on squad?

I'd like to know how you guys are going about setting things like this up?

I'm fairly sure Von Quest is anti-respawn.

When he describes his nights with his mods, he's just about as hardcore and one-life-to-live (and awesome) as they come. :)

I don't see any reason why placing a respawn_west marker wouldn't work if you hosted it on LAN, but I haven't tried it and have yet to dive into the new set (almost done with my current missions and I plan on going all Spookwarcom soon! And I can't wait), though with Spookwarcom I preferred having just one shot to get it right.

Hey Von Quest, I realize these mods would work best in vanilla maps. Just curious, aside from Altis/Stratis, what are your favorite maps to use? Do any custom or ported ones scratch that itch for you or do you prefer vanilla when you and your friends play?

Regarding enemy units ... This addon works surprisingly well with AI spawning system like EOS. I just tested it and had a blast in one SOCOM assassination mission. Really really immersive! Keep up the good work Von

Thanks! Um, great question. And he knows me too well I think. And he's right, we never play with respawn. Never. But I should look into it. I'm sure numerous others of course use it.

We just think it's WAY more immersive if you know you have that 1 life to live (like real life) and you are therefore gonna try to preserve it as much as possible. Then when you complete that mission, or you barely escape with your life, it's super exhilarating.

When we play, we get our random mission, and IF anyone goes down at any point, then the mission is cancelled and now the primary objective is to get them home asap. We use ACE3 Medical w/ Drag & Carry.

But I should look into adding respawn. I'll add it to the list.

Oh, and about the maps question. Um, we haven't really played other Maps since last year I think. We jumped around for awhile actually. When my system is running well, you can play on ANY map with almost zero setup time. One of our favs is Chernarus. Love the green lush environment. Both the autumn and summer versions.

FATA is cool but you have to run it with a patch to fix the sound. Zargabad is smaller but fun for Middle East action in a urban setting. Bornholm is great and feels just like Chernarus. I highly recommend the Test Map called something like X-Cam or something. It was a pre-Eden 3D Editor precursor test project that was used to make a map in High Detail. Check it out.

There was few maps made by the same person or group that I forget offhand. We used his to simulate Libya and Syria and South America. I think his tag was FSF. There are so many now, we just haven't had time to try them all out. Excited to finally try the New Tanoa coming out soon. We should see a flood of jungle type user maps coming out in the year to follow.

I'm sure I'm forgetting several we liked and played but I'm too tired to remember right now.

• Like 2

If you dont mind a request Von ... could you also introduce a Blacklist zone so we can prevent missions and other related stuff from spawning right next to a base you setup in the map

Sure. Its already on the mile-long "to-do" list. I should add it soon I guess.

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight.  My unit usually uses Respawn because we tend to do Zeus or MCC capable ops and have role-players running as HVTs or Intel assets, or sometimes just plot twists.  We also tend to run our stuff in a campaign style series of missions instead of just one off.

Hmm, I'll see what they think about no-respawn missions, but with up to 16 guys on playing that would get very boring very fast for any casualties. 
We're very mod heavy, including ACE Advanced Medical with potential one shot kills due to headshots or large caliber weapons.

I am assuming I could put together a small base camp somewhere, include the different laptops there that allow Sub or HALO insertion and use those for reinforcements?

Another question regarding factions.  I suck at any kind of scripting, modules are more my thing with minimal init scripted files and such.
My scripting buddy noticed you put some code in for spawning units after mission generation...  how exactly would he go about doing that to mesh with the hard coded factions in the SOCOM module?

CORE doesn't spawn any Units. And I'm not sure what you are talking about. The SOCOM Mission Generator (other thread) spawns in a few, but not many. ONLY if it's part of the Mission. You have the option to add a Squad on patrol at the mission area, that's adds to the others that may or may not be there depending on the Mission.

any news on the "not being able to enter the FROGS sub form the CORE ops center" issue?

IIRC i get some kind of scripting error when i use the two modules, i can try and get some pictures up later, if it would help you.

So sorry. It's been a very hectic month. Super busy right now. Plus we just had a severe storm tear up the property as well. Sucks. Had at least 5 large trees I have to cut up and remove. We had wind shears and I think at least 1 tornado in the area. So our new place just had its ass kicked .

I'll try and get a small fix super quick today or tomorrow for you. That's a key feature. I'm also waiting on Larrow to help with the New Ops Center which is way cooler.

Glad to hear you are ok mate ...

Take ur time and solve ur RL issues first. No problem

Cheers

• Like 2

So sorry. It's been a very hectic month. Super busy right now. Plus we just had a severe storm tear up the property as well. Sucks. Had at least 5 large trees I have to cut up and remove. We had wind shears and I think at least 1 tornado in the area. So our new place just had its ass kicked .

I'll try and get a small fix super quick today or tomorrow for you. That's a key feature. I'm also waiting on Larrow to help with the New Ops Center which is way cooler.

sorry to hear about the storm damage, that always sucks, but glad to hear that a fix will be landing very soon.

New mod v0.2.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Von Quest , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

New mod v0.2.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Von Quest , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hello guys!  I am trying to get the unarmed/black ops working and if i remember correctly it was:  NO weapon, NO vest and it should meet the requirements.  Am i missing something?

I haven't tested that in a while... busy with other upgrades and Tanoa.

But, yes mostly. You MUST be Stealthy to begin with. The Enemy can't know who you are first or you must be far away from them to re-hide after x time. Then NO visible Weapons; hidden on you is okay like your Outfit or Backpack. And you cant be wearing a Vest of any kind. You can have a weapon in your hands and stuff, but just as long as you are NOT SPOTTED with it in your hands. Once you are spotted the Enemy then Radios all others nearby with your description and then they are on a lookout for you until a random cool-off period.

• Like 1

Good to know. 
Waiting to see some more updates on your stuff.  We really want to integrate some of your work into our MP Zeus ops.

• Like 1