I love it!

When do you plan on releasing?

I would love to supplement the BW Mod with your work.

Thanks!

Release? I don't know yet. Still got the groups to configure. But I'd also like to deliver a showcase which blends in with the existing NATO / CSAT / whatever ones. Not sure if and when that will be done. But probably in the next few days.

Alright, update's here guys! No showcase yet as I thought the audience for that would be too little to justify a delay. Anyway, enjoy!

Version

v1.20

Requirements

Arma 3 Marksmen DLC
Arma 3 Apex (Stable)

Additional Requirements for the Optional 6094 Vests (Tropic)
KSK 2035 (Tropic) (Included in this Mod.)
Road Runners LBT 6094 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30912)

Additional Requirements for the Optional Diplomatic Corps (Tropic)
KSK 2035 (Tropic) (Included in this Mod.)
6094 Vests (Tropic) (Included in this Mod.)

How to Install
Standard mod procedure. Just subscribe on steam or manually download and unpack the @KSK_TROPIC folder to your Arma 3 directory. Copy and paste the optional PBOs you wish to use from the "optional" sub-folder to the "addons" sub-folder. Then launch it with BI's or a custom launcher.

Changelog

1.20 - 16.07.2016

• FIXED: Suppressed Protector SMG of the recon units had a flashlight attached instead of a laser pointer.
  • FIXED: Powler LSVs still had vanilla loadouts.
  • CHANGED: Mod is now developed on Stable branch, not on DevBranch anymore.
  • CHANGED: Tweaked headgear, vest, and backpack textures.
  • CHANGED: Heavy Gunner and Recon Heavy Gunner now have ERCO instead of RCO optics mounted.
  • ADDED: KSK Flag (Germany)
  • ADDED: Optional 6094 Vests (Tropic), models by Road Runner.
  • ADDED: Optional Diplomatic Corps (Tropic) irregulars based on 6094 Vests (Tropic).

6094 Vests (Tropic)

• ADDED: KSK 6094 [01 - 10] (Green)
  • ADDED: KSK 6094 [01 - 10] (Crystallised Flecktarn Tropic)

Diplomatic Corps (Tropic)

• ADDED: KSK Assault Pack (Green)
  • ADDED: Instructor
  • ADDED: Guard
  • ADDED: Guard Sergeant
  • ADDED: Protector
  • ADDED: Protector Sergeant
  • ADDED: Saboteur
  • ADDED: Assassin
  • ADDED: Agent
  • ADDED: KSK Booniehat (Green)
  • ADDED: KSK Booniehat (Green, Headset)
  • ADDED: KSK Military Cap (Green)
  • ADDED: KSK Instructor Suit
  • ADDED: KSK Green Cargo Pants & Black Shirt
  • ADDED: KSK Black Cargo Pants & Green Shirt
  • ADDED: KSK Green Cargo Pants & Chequered Shirt
  • ADDED: KSK Black Cargo Pants & Chequered Shirt
  • ADDED: KSK Green Combat Pants & Black Shirt
  • ADDED: KSK Tropic Combat Pants & Green Shirt
  • ADDED: KSK Green Combat Pants & Black Pullover
  • ADDED: Embassy Guard Team
  • ADDED: Embassy Guard Patrol
  • ADDED: Protection Detail
  • ADDED: Covert Team

Known Issues

• The thermal-imaging-proof facewear clips through soft headgear such as booniehats and caps.

Download

Credits

• Road Runner for allowing me to re-texture his awesome 6094 vests!
  • Bohemia for the splendid game that is Arma 3!
  • Like 4

Now look at that, a couple of days spent on getting this God damn camo (an American one by the way) to align and finally, KSK is deploying its new old Fennek Spähpanzer on Tanoa:

20160721230033_1svy55.jpg

20160721230630_1ikazm.jpg

20160721230704_10pzqi.jpg

20160721232234_1p1yb6.jpg

And some focus on the different sides:

20160721232719_15azit.jpg

20160721232803_14mxqo.jpg

20160721232835_17jbge.jpg

20160721232914_1ozzjp.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice, plan to add any other vehicles? 

Thanks! I'm not sure. Aside from the obligatory Quad Bike, there's nothing really fitting the SF setting. I'm more waiting for the LSV templates in order to do them properly. Maybe I'll do the Leopard at some point, even if it doesn't fit the scope, just because it's an actual German vanilla asset. I'd also love to add some air capabilities but that would require third party models again. We'll see.^^

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm not sure. Aside from the obligatory Quad Bike, there's nothing really fitting the SF setting. I'm more waiting for the LSV templates in order to do them properly. Maybe I'll do the Leopard at some point, even if it doesn't fit the scope, just because it's an actual German vanilla asset. I'd also love to add some air capabilities but that would require third party models again. We'll see.^^

Even Special Forces need some bigger fire power some times... well maybe not but hey, more content it more content. Do what you feel is right. :)

• Like 1

Thanks, foxhound!

Even Special Forces need some bigger fire power some times... well maybe not but hey, more content it more content. Do what you feel is right. :)

I have found if I produce content on a high scale, the quality decreases because of real life time constraints. With this project, I'd rather spend five days on one texture than one day on five textures.^^ We'll see where it goes.

I'm actually more concerned about the vehicle camo right now. It's an old US one from decades ago, not really up to 2035. I've experimented with these Flecktarn blobs, both crystallised and regular, but it didn't get me anywhere. And the original BW vehicle camo is also just two or three colour blobs / clouds. A bit boring as well. Maybe a digital one? I found there's generally not that much variety in real world vehicle camos.

• Like 1

Second version, this time with the third colour applied - more or less conform to NATO standards from what I read. Not sure yet if the green is too bright under some circumstances. Then again, the same colour works on infantry surprisingly well.

20160723001342_1cuson.jpg

20160723001419_1dmsa4.jpg

20160723001447_1ftsbp.jpg

20160723002205_1n6slv.jpg

20160723003718_1misrg.jpg

20160723003841_1lmstz.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Pete,

Was testing the new units and by far my default CTRG team so far and for your next update can you add the JTAC unit into the KSK group? The CTRG has a JTAC even though not in the pacific CTRG team. Still need this guy to call in air strikes and rain some heavy steel on bad boys.

As for Near Future ARMOR, any consideration to add retext some BWMod gear.

Looking good.

• Like 1

Thanks! In fact, there is a JTAC, he's just not called JTAC but "Forward Observer".

• Like 2

The Spähpanzer Panzerspähwagen is verry nice indeed(Pete), for variety of vehicles I'd say put the camo on the Powler LSV's as you said. That way you can move a lot more guys (7 on the unarmed) istead if just using the Fennek (4 guys).

Panzerspähwagen, thanks. Good Lord, German bureaucratic terms. xX Yes, as soon as the templates air on Tools DevBranch, I'll be on it. I've actually done the Gorgon APC in the meantime. It's based on the real world Pandur II, which happens to be from Austria. That's close enough for me. :D I've thought about it and now I believe it would be a shame to pass up on these great models, even if they only remotely fit the context. Who's looking for full-on realism can always go for the good old BW Mod.

• Like 1

Thanks! In fact, there is a JTAC, he's just not called JTAC but "Forward Observer".

Roger that!

Impressive texture work on the Pandur II :)

Thanks, mate!

Meanwhile, Pandur II with actual Crewmen:

20160728230333_1xqoaf.jpg

20160728230346_1yxpc0.jpg

20160728230824_1zard4.jpg

As you can see, I'm introducing low-tech combat uniforms as I don't see why tank crews and helicopter pilots would wear the probably very expensive TI-masking attire. Colours still need tweaking as the different fabric and light relfection alter them a little bit.

• Like 5

As an idea perhaps add a Merlin, Littlebird, or a Ghosthawk in same camo scheme. I think they would good in the vehicle camo you have. :)

I would second the idea of a Merlin. From the ingame assets that would be the most "logical" one (looks a bit like the NH-90) or the Hellcat (The Sea Lynx is used by the Marine)

EC-635 would be nice but it would add another dependency so its more a no I guess ^^

The Merlin would be the most logical, I guess. It's just the NH-90 with round edges and a few yeasr older. Not ideal but sufficient for vanilla content.

• Like 3

I vote Ghosthawk. It was supposedly THE Seal Team heli so it makes sense the CTRG KSKs would have access to it. It depends on the timeline. If present day, Merlin. Near future, Ghosthawk.

I don't think that germany will ever get any blackhawk or even "ghosthawk" variant.

I mean, we are so cheap we are using a helicopter that rusts under our asses! xD

I don't think that germany will ever get any blackhawk or even "ghosthawk" variant.

I mean, we are so cheap we are using a helicopter that rusts under our asses! xD

Alas this is the Armaverse anything is possible ;)