Yes, but compared to the existing vests, this guy in the picture doesn't have any pockets on the side, and also no belt or leg-mounted ones. I don't see why he should have more capacity.

• Like 1

OK... if you don't want to you don't have to.

Granted I did superficual research and found poor examples, but the possibility still reamains provided the parameters fit.

So, I got my hands on the JPCs. Only did the basic version today; there's a ton of textures to do for all the great little details. Made them in camo and plain green. I need to rework the seams though, did a terrible job on them. And I re-balanced the config values. The JPCs were a bit overpowered in my opinion, with protection and capacity values sometimes above the much heavier vanilla plate carriers. Now they're more on the level of the Tactical Vest. Very light but also with limited protection.

20160709000730_1bksaz.jpg

20160709000800_1qrswp.jpg

20160709000838_1zxsgw.jpg

20160709000855_1vas6p.jpg

@road runner: Thanks again for letting me re-colour these! I've set my mod up with dependencies to yours but put it in an optional PBO players can plug into their mod folder if they wish to use the JPCs. Though I've got some config errors with your mod involving a normal map and some colour file apparently:

23:44:18 Warning Message: Cannot load texture 6094a\6094a\data\radio_pouch_nohq.paa.
23:44:18 Warning Message: Cannot load texture 6094a\6094a\data\env_land_co.paa.

Edit: Also messed up the camo scaling. Should better get some sleep. oO

• Like 2

Well even if you do not deem it perfect its nice that you mannaged to get to work quickly. 

But I am confused, didn't he offer his LBT 6094's instead of the JPC's wich you did your work on.

If road runner extended his offer to the JPC then its fine otherwise this would be a sad misunderstanding.

OneTwo 

Uhm, did I now re-texture the wrong mod? :D I had to google 6094s as I have absolutely no real world knowledge about that stuff. It pointed me to this thread.^^

Now I've googled again and also found these ones. To be fair though, they look pretty much like the same model. I just had a quick look at the textures there since he specified 6094s. Looks like almost the same model with a similar, yet not identical texture. Hidden selections layout is quite similar as well. My bad, I'll have that corrected. Fortunately, I didn't do any other of the textures yet.^^

• Like 1

Maybe @Road Runnner is fine with you using his other stuff.

-Just ask him kindly.-

The JPC's and 6094's have some differences but nothing influencing the gameplay. Only optical advantage of the JPC is that the low waist belt has a pistol holster fitting the vanilla handguns better than the 6094's ones.

• Like 1

I've found the vanilla pistol models clip through the JPC holsters so it doesn't look that good. Probably that's why Road Runner recommends using the Robert Hammer pistol pack. Anyway, I'm already halfway through the other base texture, and the textures for the bags and some other vest attachments are identical. So I'll try that for now. I'm happy for every bit and piece I'm allowed to get my hands not. I'm not going to make any requests though.^^

Config-wise, I decided to boost the protection values a bit. In my current configuration, they're pretty much halfway between Tactical Vest and vanilla Plate Carrier. Good protection, high mobility, but lower capacity in return. Seems perfect fot these PSA - police / diplomat protection units. I really love the fact that these vests have so many hidden selections and by that can be highly customised.

• Like 1

There we go, basic layout done. Different model, similar result. Though I actually like this one more with the side armour. Still got some detail work to do.

20160709161928_1zgsx7.jpg

20160709162038_13tsz3.jpg

20160709162054_16asbp.jpg

20160709162123_1xzskj.jpg

• Like 1

You mean from front and back to the sides? Yes, I saw that already. Something to tweak.

They are on the vanilla vests. Would be consistent. But I'll try and see how it looks.

• Like 1

gib gib gib, bet you have been busy the last night ^^

I have created textures and configs yesterday and this morning for twenty different vests based on the 6094s, yes. But I won't release them just yet. :P

• Like 1

Did you keep his numbering or did you create role specific names, like Marksmen Vest, Machinegunner or Medic Vest, that would help out mission desingers a lot?

I've found the vanilla pistol models clip through the JPC holsters so it doesn't look that good. Probably that's why Road Runner recommends using the Robert Hammer pistol pack. Anyway, I'm already halfway through the other base texture, and the textures for the bags and some other vest attachments are identical. So I'll try that for now. I'm happy for every bit and piece I'm allowed to get my hands not. I'm not going to make any requests though.^^

Config-wise, I decided to boost the protection values a bit. In my current configuration, they're pretty much halfway between Tactical Vest and vanilla Plate Carrier. Good protection, high mobility, but lower capacity in return. Seems perfect fot these PSA - police / diplomat protection units. I really love the fact that these vests have so many hidden selections and by that can be highly customised.

Now you see why the Rob Hammer pistols were "recommended" LOL, don't worry about the JPC retextures, these are warden_1's vest, jut drop him a line, the 6094's were a private purchase off turbosquid. 

• Like 1

Did you keep his numbering or did you create role specific names, like Marksmen Vest, Machinegunner or Medic Vest, that would help out mission desingers a lot?

They are just numbered for now. I'll see if I can come up with some more specific names. Not sure on what criteria.

Now you see why the Rob Hammer pistols were "recommended" LOL, don't worry about the JPC retextures, these are warden_1's vest, jut drop him a line, the 6094's were a private purchase off turbosquid. 

Thanks, will see. Got to "use up" the ones I made first though.^^

• Like 2

Chek out the BW-Mod IDZ-ES Vests, they got different layouts for different roles.

Holly shit!! Did you pay to make a mod?

image.png?w=440&c=1

Holly shit!! Did you pay to make a mod?

We're all paying. One way or the other. Most notably with our free time.

• Like 2

We're all paying. One way or the other. Most notably with our free time.

Please don't take it this way. I tried learning blender and quit after few hours, made few retextures with templates, wrote configs for them and i know i didn't do anything compared to modders of this community. I might can't understand but i can imagine how hard it is. Thanks all of you for your works but its the first time i see someone paid for a mod and it surprised me so much.

Please don't take it this way. I tried learning blender and quit after few hours, made few retextures with templates, wrote configs for them and i know i didn't do anything compared to modders of this community. I might can't understand but i can imagine how hard it is. Thanks all of you for your works but its the first time i see someone paid for a mod and it surprised me so much.

It wasn't meant in an offensive way, don't worry.^^ More like in a "what am I doing with my life"-way. :D

• Like 2

Images incoming!

I've finished the 6094s and decided to use them in a small, optional side mod. Since PSA (German police force used to protect diplomats abroad, etc.) was requested, I decided to re-do a few of the old guerilla / civilian uniforms to create some irregulars. I've gathered various classes from embassy guards over PSA ("Protectors") to some intelligence / black-ops guys under the title "Diplomatic Corps". They almost exclusively use single-coloured assets to blend in with the populace. Oh, and they rely on the optional 6094s (which come in both plain green and Crystallised Flecktarn Tropic). Here we can see an Instructor and some operators on the range, as part of a permanent training mission. Teaching the Gendarmerie how to shoot straight:

20160712223957_1y8lxe.jpg

20160712224111_10fxr5.jpg

20160712224220_107yn1.jpg

Then we've got some Embassy Guards on alert due to recent Syndikat activity:

20160712230335_1tmyx3.jpg

And a few Protectors trying to fight off an ambush on a high-ranking diplomat:

20160712231535_1qcyxf.jpg

20160712231832_1tdyi3.jpg

And finally, some black-ops operators. Embassy clerks by day - covert agents by night. Or something along those lines. :D

20160712232933_1qgae4.jpg

20160712233046_1qfbyw.jpg

20160712233142_1pyl0c.jpg

20160712233216_15uzeh.jpg

20160712233752_125yes.jpg

20160712234227_1a8lkg.jpg

20160712234929_19by1g.jpg

• Like 6

Great job, the textures look great :)

You've totally misunderstood the meaning of buying something, to create a mod, as opposed to paying for a mod.

I'm sure you're aware of how a Patreon works? People pay money to have someone (professional artist) create something for them. It's the same sort of principle here. I bought the vest, which was a prop, I resized it, weighted it, worked on the overall dimensions etc to get it into the game, for private use, of which some people were lucky to get to use. Then I seen another mod maker release the same vest, at first I believed that someone had leaked my creation, but they didn't, they made their own, by doing exactly the same thing...... I have seen several models now that have come from pay to buy/use, it's no biggie, as long as the original creator receives the credit, and it's not passed off as their own.

• Like 1