daza

Adding a Weapon then Adding attachments or more ammo makes it disappear..

The weapon is visible when you bring it over from Weapon list to the 3D editor environment, but when you start to add attachments like a scope and more ammo to it- it disappears but the tag and box remains in view. In-game the weapon isn't there either.

I thought maybe it sunk down into the ground out of sight and tried to use the altitude adjustment to get it back but that didn't work. 

Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent it? apart from using a script to force the weapon to remain on an object and alter the weapons properties etc. I noticed this also if you try to copy an object and paste with the hotkeys sometimes the copied object is not visible. 

I think its neat you can change load out and attributes for weapons on the fly but this isn't working at all- aside from ammo crates or vehicles adding stuff into their inventory this way works ok.

I don't think you're supposed to "create" weapons like that.  Those objects are basically set dressing, not a 3D weapon building system.  People have had plenty of problems with what you're trying to do.

It's really best to either just let players use Arsenal to build their weapons on the fly, or place the parts they'll need in an ammo box and let them pick and choose.  Weapon objects don't have an inventory so can't be used as an ammo box.

I don't think you're supposed to "create" weapons like that.  Those objects are basically set dressing, not a 3D weapon building system.  People have had plenty of problems with what you're trying to do.

It's really best to either just let players use Arsenal to build their weapons on the fly, or place the parts they'll need in an ammo box and let them pick and choose.  Weapon objects don't have an inventory so can't be used as an ammo box.

Okay thanks for your reply Kylania, that cleared that up. It was for a SP mission where you rescue a sniper from captivity and i wanted his weapon on a table nearby that he retrieves once freed. I have since put that into an weapons crate for the same purpose, its quite easy now to swap out kit when you order an Ai to use inventory on a weapon crate. That will do. Cheers. 

I don't think you're supposed to "create" weapons like that.

Are you sure?

Looking in the Editor in APEX it "appears" to be pretty straight forward that it is supposed to work like that. You drag the weapon onto the ground (or where ever) and in the options for that item there is the weapon and ammo listed at the bottom with + and - signs to add more or subtract. Doing this will make the weapon disappear yet leave the item box on the screen. You have to delete it and place the weapon again to get it back.

I am far from an Editor expert but it does seem to me that it is the intended use.

Thanks

Here's a quick vid showing what I am attempting...

EDIT: This seems to work reasonably well if still interested.