Yarpii

Apex DLC & Linux Server

Hi guys i was wondering something because i have been playing the Apex in development and preview.

What i was wondering is it possible to get the Apex DLC on a Linux based server ?

I have seen so far the Apex only on a Windows Operating System.

Now am i a CentOS 7 user and i like to see the Apex on my server running without giving errors.

Now do i also have been trying to get the CentOS server to development mode without any success. All Google gives me that On Linux Based Distribution development mode don't work.

Well is this true ?

Gr. Mr Heisenb3rg

• Like 1

I don't absolutely know if this will work, as it is completely untested, but you can try following command in SteamCMD:

app_update 107410 -beta apex_sneak_preview

As for the development version, you switch using the command:

app_update 107410 -beta development

But you should know that in fact, apex_sneak_preview is not a development version, but a stable version (1.62 for the moment).

Also, for running A3 server I recommend running a latest Debian distribution, it has better packaging system and better stability + resource management (just my personal opinion) than CentOS. That is, of course, if you can afford to reinstall, and plan to use your server only for hosting Arma3 servers.

You should of course create a backup of your system before trying anything of the above, Linux is all about trying and experimenting, I am sure that it is doable somehow, but it can be a long way from there.

• Like 1

well first of all thanks for the reply.

And second well u have

appid="107410"

but i have

appid="233780"

Because:
Arma 3 (107410)

Supported Systems: windows

Arma 3 Server (233780)

Supported Systems: windows & Linux

I have been trying to get the server working on [107410] but last time i updated it was beginning to download windows files to the server.

=====================================

And well CentOS is for my opinion better then Debian for my server i like to manage the server with cPanel witch is only for CentOS, CloudLinux, RHEL or Amazon Linux.

And also here on Arma III Dedicated Server

Configuring for stable or Dev branch
Edit the Arma3server_steamcmd_example.cmd as defined below then run it

• To select Development version

SET A3BRANCH=107410 -beta development

• To select stable build (Dedicated server package)

SET A3BRANCH=233780 -beta

• To select stable build (Full client\server package)

SET A3BRANCH=107410

Important Feature Since 12th March 2013 the development branch and the stable branch versions are no longer compatible. this means:
Only DEV clients can connect to a DEV server
Only Stable clients can connect to stable servers

steamdb.info depots shows this:
https://steamdb.info/app/233780/depots/

bfb185d514.png

If you use cPanel, then OK, it indeed does not work on Debian.

As for the problem, the example shown in your last post will probably be Windows-only, but I was thinking, why not let Steam download to Linux APPID 107410 with Windows binaries etc. BUT also with Apex pbos which then you can tell APPID 233780 (A3Dedi) to parse in it's configs? Because, well, Tanoa is not in binaries, it's in that pbo's.

Or, maybe this is all bullshit. Right now, I don't have any free development "playground" server at my disposal, and I am too afraid to test it on production machines, so I don't have any asset to test it, although I am intrigued.

• Like 1

well all this is because i got this error

Bad version 71 in p3d file 'a3\vegetation_f_exp\clutter\grass\c_grassbunch_hi.p3d'

And this is last part of the .rpt log

Attempt to override final function - rscunitinfo_script
20:53:17 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.213)
20:53:17 VoteThreshold must be in 0..1 range. Defaulting to 0.5
20:53:17 Host identity created.
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
CreateBoundSocket: ::bind couldn't find an open port between 2303 and 2303
Arma 3 Console version 1.60 : port 2326
20:53:17 Mission exile.tanoa read from bank.
20:53:17 BattlEye Server: Ping detection currently not working, MaxPing command disabled
20:53:17 Roles assigned.
20:53:17 Reading mission ...
2016/06/18, 20:53:17 Starting mission:
2016/06/18, 20:53:17  Mission file: exile (__cur_mp)
2016/06/18, 20:53:17  Mission world: tanoa
2016/06/18, 20:53:17  Mission directory: mpmissions\__cur_mp.tanoa\
2016/06/18, 20:53:18 ../lib/Network/networkServer.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
Class CfgWorlds destroyed with lock count 1
Class Tanoa destroyed with lock count 2
Class Sea destroyed with lock count 1
Class Lighting destroyed with lock count 1
Class clutter destroyed with lock count 2
Bad version 71 in p3d file 'a3\vegetation_f_exp\clutter\grass\c_grassbunch_hi.p3d'
2016/06/18, 20:53:19 Critical:Destroying running thread!
/home/exileserver/home/functions/command_debug.sh: line 59: 11542 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ${executable} ${parms}

Okay, this is bad. 

From the .rpt log you included I can get that it encounters a critical error, because Tanoa files are (probably) packed with newer version of Binarize, which creates version 71 p3d files, which cannot be read by A3 server binary for Linux. Then, in last 4 lines of the log it starts to destroy instance of running A3 server, because this is unrecoverable error. You may try killing the A3 server processes (use top or htop to get the process ID), or restarting the whole rig, but I think it won't help here. There still may be some workarounds, like trying to emulate the A3 server on Linux using Wine, but I personally think it would be better to wait until 11th July when Apex gets released and proper A3 server binaries for Linux will get updated.

Also, which server provider are you using? As a workaround, if they support KVM and remote mounting, you can try to run a trial of Windows Server 2012 R2 on the machine, which has an evaluation period for 180 days. In that time, I am sure the binaries for Linux get a proper update.

• Like 1

Also, which server provider are you using? As a workaround, if they support KVM and remote mounting, you can try to run a trial of Windows Server 2012 R2 on the machine, which has an evaluation period for 180 days. In that time, I am sure the binaries for Linux get a proper update.

I think i can better wait for 1 year till linux is fixed XDDD

I think this one can be closed going to setup my server to Windows Server 2012