taro8

M2 Slammer Firepower Upgrade Project v6.1

I really like your mod some really fine vehicles!

Maybe some stuff to think about:

A Merkava CEV (Combat Engineer Vehlice) with a 165 mm calibre gun which is capable of firing HE Shells to demolish fortification but lacking against other Tanks

A Merkava based on the MBT 70 with a 152 mm XM150E5 capable of firing ATGMs and with a RCWS 20mm.

A 76mm Version with a high rate of fire for engaging light vehicles.

I really like your mod some really fine vehicles!

Maybe some stuff to think about:

A Merkava CEV (Combat Engineer Vehlice) with a 165 mm calibre gun which is capable of firing HE Shells to demolish fortification but lacking against other Tanks

A Merkava based on the MBT 70 with a 152 mm XM150E5 capable of firing ATGMs and with a RCWS 20mm.

A 76mm Version with a high rate of fire for engaging light vehicles.

The MBT 70 clone is pretty much M2A9 with it's 140mm gun. Note that it can still fire ATGM's and it has the 20mm cannons for the commander and the gunner (did I ever mentioned I hate infantry :P).

The CEV idea sounds interesting, but I don't think that large cannons are in use anymore, more so in 2035. The long barrelled 105mm model on the Slammer model I'm using would look just wrong. CEV's usually had stubby low velocity cannons. There is also a problem of me lacking a good impact effect for such big shell. I guess I could use the bomb effect as I did for the 140mm thermobaric round, but if I would make 165mm low velocity cannon I would LOVE to give an even bigger thermobaric round :D.

As for the 76mm, you have the M2A4 with its 105mm, as for my variants the 20mm on A7, A8 and A9 are still effective against MRAP's and other softer targets.

Ma,n I would love to be at least able to edit the barrel on the M2A4's model.

Kinda related question: is there any way to make whole tank jerk when firing? I'm kind of missing that when I'm firing the 140mm.

after mounted this mod and the newest ACE3, can't find the modified new tanks in virtual garage.

Compatibility issue? hope it get fixed. as a rookie, really looking for shooting csat armor with this behemoth version of nato tanks

About Mortar : Maybe there is a way to add a Virtual Mortar that exits and do fire mission every time we use mortar.Then disappear again.

Could we be able to make our own Heavy Weapons Team drive there,then pick them up via a "explosives timer" on count-down and then the tank drives there and pick them up?

Could the tank stop and kick-out the team and place them some distance away(due to poor driving skills) ?

2 hours ago, john1 said:

About Mortar : Maybe there is a way to add a Virtual Mortar that exits and do fire mission every time we use mortar.Then disappear again.

Could we be able to make our own Heavy Weapons Team drive there,then pick them up via a "explosives timer" on count-down and then the tank drives there and pick them up?

Could the tank stop and kick-out the team and place them some distance away(due to poor driving skills) ?

look how the mortar was done in A2 IDF mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23445

This mod is so outdates its not even funny. It was more done for the lols and to learn how to work with configs.