Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

A place to follow the missions I make for ArmA 3

I figured it would be good to have a place that's easy for people to follow up on the missions I make for ArmA 3, and any other mods I might ever work on. So I made a FB page for it, where I will share news of my ArmA 3 scenario's as they are completed or updated, or even just Work In Progress/Trial and Error tidbits. First bit of news is up there already, concerning a recently released mission for ArmA 3's newest terrain, Tanoa: Cache Hunt.

Or if I make more tutorial video's for the Eden Editor (like the one below), you can hear about it there too.

So, for those who are interested, you can find the page here:

https://www.facebook.com/SiCMissionsAndMods/

• Like 4

Neat idea, but Facebook seems like the worst place to do this kind of thing.  The lack of proper text formatting is a huge minus.  Code examples look horrible unformatted.  Posts are difficult to find (no table of contents or cross links) and squished in a tiny column in the middle of utter distractions.  Even maximizing the browser to 1920x1200 still keeps the actual text a mere 500 pixels across.  Facebook just isn't good at presenting information for reference, especially not when code will be involved.

Instead of simple timeline posts you might try using Facebook Notes.  There's limited formatting available, critically the ability to have highlighted code sections, and while it's painful to use it lets you create a post that looks like this instead of this.

• Like 3

Thanks for the feedback mate. I'm not really big on code and stuff like that, so I don't really plan on sharing a whole lot of something I barely understand. Usually I tend to find snippets that work and which I can incorporate somehow. In this particular case of the painkiller boxes, I figured it was short and easy enough to put on there.

Mostly though it's meant to be a place people who like my missions can follow and hear the latest news about any upcoming missions, updates to old ones, and the occasional sneakpeak at stuff behind the scenes like screenshots of complicated trigger-setups and the like.

Thanks for the tip about Facebook Notes though. I'll try that out next time :)

Nice work mate. Best of luck.

In fact these forums should have a section reserved for people like you, instead of voicing some freakin trolls.

• Like 1