Regarding taking photograhs....would there be a way to use the screenshot function for this...have to take real screenshots..I remember Hidden and Dangerous 2 had this feature and it was very cool 🙂

just an idea

• Like 1

Hidden and Dangerous! ...Oh, man I remember that game. Sweeet. Yeah, I was planning for Photographs, but someone already beat me to it. You'll have to search around. Someone was working on a Photo/Camera Addon that seemed to work in testing. I was super excited for it. SO I believe it IS possible.... I think it was never released for some reason.

@everyone

And yeah, to the previous posts. I plan on doing a lot more work on all projects. But progress is painfully slow right now as Arma is very clunky to work in. I have too many projects I'm juggling and things have slowed to a snails pace. I was looking into adding a "Tasks" option for a slightly more gamey feel in Mission Selection. I've been playing around with them lately. I'm leaning towards having very generic Mission Generation, where you can turn On/Off the specific categories, and select how many Missions are generated when you click. I have the entire code in my head, I just need a day to pound it out.

Right now, most projects are still in their "Basic" phase. I have drifted off into the gamemode/style we are playing on our game nights, and have tweaked and updated the addons for our games, breaking numerous things if you are jumping in and playing from the detached/new/public perspective.

I have a ton of Mission Ideas coming, just need to find the time. Thanks for the Ideas.

• Like 3

v0.3.5 Beta
=======================
CHANGED: Complete Re-Write of System
REMOVED: All OLD Missions
ADDED: NEW ATTACK/CLEAR AREA
ADDED: NEW RECON 1-26 (Alpha-Zulu)
ADDED: NEW DESTROY
ADDED: NEW HIGH VALUE TARGET
ADDED: NEW INTEL
ADDED: Mega-List of Mission Options EACH
ADDED: Select EACH Mission Probability
ADDED: Custom User .sqf File Options
ADDED: Marker Blacklist
ADDED: ArmA 3 TASK System
ADDED: STEALTH Options for EACH Mission

Give this a try. I'm re-writing and upgrading several projects. I thought it was time to tackle the Mission Generator. I made it as generic as I could to fit any game style, era, map, etc. Its all Plug-N-Play. Just enter in your own details. I added in the New ArmA 3 TASK System as well if you want pop-ups for Mission Success. Note: The New STEALTH Option requires TASK to be Turned On. I added a ton of User Options per Mission.

This is just the first 5 categories. I have almost 30 started so far. I'll add a handful at a time. I wanted to release the first few and see how you guys like the new direction.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hi @Von Quest,

Now the SOCOM system is not appearing to me anymore on the VQI_SOCOM_LAPTOP object 😞

And I also try using your SHIFT + I shortcut but it doesn't work. Keyboard maybe?

Hi @Von Quest,

Now the SOCOM system is not appearing to me anymore on the VQI_SOCOM_LAPTOP object 😞

And I also try using your SHIFT + I shortcut but it doesn't work. Keyboard maybe?

Solved:

I have added VQI_SOCOM_LAPTOP to the module. Pls Von Quest, add this to the manual, it is not saying so.

• Like 1

Roger that. Sorry for the confusion.

The new default variable is now VQI_SOCOM_MAPOBJECT.

I'll be standardizing all projects to reflect this at some point.

@everyone

When projects are updated, the game seems to merge the old and new settings. Recommend everyone delete all old Modules, and re-place with the new ones.

Other than that, all working okay? Everyone liking the new direction?

15 hours ago, Von Quest said:

Other than that, all working okay? Everyone liking the new direction?

Haven't had the chance to try them yet but I can't wait to!

• Thanks 1

Sooo just tested the SOCOM module and absolutely love the way this is going now !

Absolutely like the added task system 🙂 it would be super cool if one or two things could be added over time...

...generating an exfil point that must be reached after completing the main task 

....secure and hold an evac zone for a specific time

...generating side objects that can be triggered

... follow up missions...getting intel or doing recon could reveal new obectives

...random events...like extrem weatherchanges....unexpected civilians around a target... goatherds xD

cheers

• Like 1

In the editor, in the module, I have added vehicles among the units to spawn. On the "attack" mission, 2 vehicles have spawned inside a house, on top of each other, both have exploded. 

Would it be possible, somehow, please, to separate spawning vehicles from infantry?

Also, I have added just a single sniper on the recon mission, in the module, in the editor. The sniper has spawned and started walking, so it was easy to find him. Do you think feasible letting the mission creator to chose the unit stance. Something similar to this setunitpos = down; this disable_ai_move = true; ?

Have a good one!

Hi Von Quest,

Pls, would you consider sharing your work on Steam? Updating might be a bit easier there.

Best!

• Like 2

Couple of quick notes to respond:

-- Some good ideas Evans. I'll look into adding an Exfil option at some point. Since it's random, it could often select a bad or illogical spot though. We usually plan Exfil before we go in, or call the Heli (w/ CORE Radio) after the Missions.

-- I'm guessing it selected an Urban Area, and since you had Vehicles mixed in, they spawned in a building. I'd recommend not using vehicles or set Urban to 0. It's a good idea though, I'll add a separate Attack: Vehicles option maybe. It's designed for infantry only right now.

-- For the Recon, it comes with a setting for including your own .sqf file. You can customize the units there. I'll look into adding user code snippets (init).

-- I have a few errors to fix and clear, and then I'm gonna give my FUSE project some love, then I'll be uploading the entire SpookWarCom package on to Steam. I hate giving dates, as they never seem to work out. But the plan is for a Steam Release for next weekend if no new issues pop up.

Thanks for the feedback. -S-

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you very much for the dedication and for sharing your thoughts Von Quest. 👍

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 5:14 AM, Von Quest said:

I'll look into adding an Exfil option at some point. Since it's random, it could often select a bad or illogical spot though. We usually plan Exfil before we go in, or call the Heli (w/ CORE Radio) after the Missions.

That's usually how we do it too, and what's nice is that sometimes you need to call an extract on the fly (for a blown/compromised op), so I would ask that if you do incorporate auto exfil points that there is still the option to call them in with the Radio when/where you want. 

Thanks Von! 

btw finally getting the chance to try all the updates tonight (been away for a while). I'll let you know how it goes! 

• Thanks 1

@everyone

Quick note to those following this... the entire project is now packed together and up on the Steam Workshop. The newest and best stuff will now be in the Steam Version.

D7Bj1Mj.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Project S.O.C.O.M, has been re-activated as a Stand-Alone Project as part of my Zero Dark Zero series of addons/mods.

D7Bj1Mj.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What is deafault Altitude of heli and aircraft? Is there a way to set for example 1500m altitude?

Are you referring to the SCAR Project? The Enemy Spawner? The flight altitudes are Random. They change to random alts as well while flying too. I forget, but it's something like a 5% chance of new altitude per script loop.

The Enemy Helis will drop down lower and lower and hunt players if Radio Call from nearby Enemy, if you are spotted. They will fly low and launch random weapons near your vicinity where last spotted.

• Like 1

....so to answer your question, the Altitudes are RANDOM. You'd have to set your own Aircraft separately to pick a specific altitude with a script snipet in its Init Field.

Something like....

[group this,  getPos this, 7777] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;
this flyInHeight 1500;

I can add an User Option to the Module if others want, so it overrides the randomness, and you can select a set altitude then for the spawning of the aircraft.

I just noticed while checking the code, that I was missing the entire Default File for Aircraft Patrols (we never use them). I'll add it for the next update, and maybe add a 1500m default altitude if not using the Dynamic Option setting.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 10:48 AM, Von Quest said:

....so to answer your question, the Altitudes are RANDOM. You'd have to set your own Aircraft separately to pick a specific altitude with a script snipet in its Init Field.

It will be  cool if we will have that custom option to set in flyInHeight. Also I can`t create vehicle on  South Asia v1.6 ANZACSAS. I think it is cause this map don`t have proper roads...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1571581816

UPDATE:

Added: HOGSTOOTH Mission Type -- Find & Eliminate the Expert Sniper
(complete with simulated Scope Glint)

@AstroNorth

What seems to be the issue? Specifically?

1. Place the Module on the Map (located in "Systems" - upper right in the Editor - Labeled under Zero Dark Zero)

2. Double-Click to OPEN it

3. Hover your mouse over the Text (next to the Option Fields) to READ the POP-UP INFO

4. Fill out the AREAS/OPTIONS for any/all Missions you want to Run when Clicked

-BY DEFAULT ALL MISSION ARE SET TO 100% -- TURN OFF THE ONES YOU DON'T WANT TO USE (SET TO 0%) -- SOME FIELDS ARE EMPTY UNTIL YOU FILL THEM OUT -- ANY EMPTY FIELDS or SETTINGS ON THE ACTIVE MISSIONS WILL OFTEN BREAK THE SYSTEM IF ITS A REQUIRED FIELD AND ITS MISSING SOMETHING

(you MUST SET YOU OWN Classnames for most Missions - ask if confused on this)

5. Copy/Paste the addAction Line into ANY OBJECT for that Menu to be Added to it :

- Place Object (like a Laptop, etc) - Double-Click to OPEN

- Paste this into its INIT BOX:

this addAction ['SOCOM - ACTIVATE MISSION',{execVM 'zdz_socom\System\MISSION\mission_activate.sqf'}];

6. Press PLAY

7. Walk up to it and the Menu SOCOM - ACTIVATE MISSION should appear -- Click On It

It will select ONE Mission at Random based on your settings and OPEN the Map automatically and display the LOCATION on the Map (recommend TASK setting). While in the Map, Click on the BRIEFING (upper left) to see more info/details. The Missions are pretty basic and super flexible, so it can be used for ANY Scenario, ANY Timeline, ANY Map, etc.

I'll be uploading an Example Setup Tutorial next weekend (hopefully I'll have time). A lot of my projects are a mess right now as I broke them all apart, and am in the process of switching numerous things around. I'm currently not spending much time on ArmA Dev work. Also due to the complexity and randomness of this and ArmA, sometimes it'll break or glitch.

Hope that helps!?

• Like 1

For those that have asked, here are the File/Paths to directly execute the Missions as needed :

execVM "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\ATTACK\mission_attack.sqf";

execVM "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\CONVOY\mission_convoy.sqf";

execVM "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\DEFEND\mission_defend.sqf";

execVM "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\DESTROY\mission_destroy.sqf";

execVM "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\KILL\mission_kill.sqf";

execVM "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\AMBUSH\mission_ambush.sqf";

execVM "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\STEAL\mission_steal.sqf";

execVM "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\SCOUT\mission_scout.sqf";

execVM "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\SEARCH\mission_search.sqf";

execVM "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\DOCUMENTS\mission_documents.sqf";

execVM "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\HOGSTOOTH\mission_hogstooth.sqf";

Example (copy/paste into INIT Box of Object) :

this addAction ["Attack / Clear Area", "zdz_socom\System\MISSION\ATTACK\mission_attack.sqf"];

• Like 1

Hi, did you continue of work on it, it's very good, but i have a trouble with attack mission : when the task appear all is ok, but it's stop after 30 sec, i put classname on the module like you told us to do.