I have a DEVGRU Seal Team 6 server running waiting for VQI mod updates =)
Your VQI leap is flawless over MP when not on Dedi, however on Dedi the plane, etc, do not even show. Would love to get updates on your work, big fan. Still using portions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks brother. Its posts like this that make me want to stay in the hobby. :f:

• Like 3

Getting back to work....

Any requests for Mission Types, Fixes, Issues, etc. Let me know. I forgot where I left off for this project.

• Like 2

Assasin, Kill, Sniper, Sabotage, Destroy, Search and Destroy ( for example druglabs), Recon, Forward Air Controllers, Rescue ( hostage or downed pilots),, Gather Intel, Medivacs, Clearing EODs and mines, Evacuate and protect civilians, Protect ( for example UN or IDAP) , Support ( bringing supplies)

• Thanks 1

I would love to see some kind of EOD-, IED- and/or mine disposal missions. There is way too less out there...

Yes!! So excited you're back Von. I think there's always going to be more ideas for new missions (and I don't get me wrong I would be thrilled with more) but I think one crucial thing to add is a more user friendly method for custom factions. 

Again, glad your back!

EDIT: and while we're on custom factions, would there be a way to set custom vehicles for the support? Like if we wanted to use an RHS Blackhawk/Unsung UH-1 for the transport? Thanks!

• Thanks 1

@jonipetteri

I'll look into adding some EOD Stuff. My FUSE addon has minefields you can use. Also my SCAR addon does as well (unreleased version). I think I'll re-write it and add so you can SELECT which Missions are available. Right now its all or just one. I can make it so you can select (on/off) any number.

@x_DarkSpecter_x

Thanks. I believe you can ALREADY use Custom Factions. That was in an update awhile back. I have the script-line right inside the Module. Just Copy/Paste into your custom Units, Vehicle, Squads. Works for anything. It will teleport your custom factions to the Mission Area after the Mission is created. You can select options right inside the script-line for probability of patrols, radius from the mission area, etc.

As far as Custom Heli Transport (CORE Project), I can look into it. Its a good idea but time consuming. I could maybe make it so you can just enter the classname. Then just check for when at least one of the cargo seats is used after you teleport inside, to signal the pilot can then proceed for the Infil.

@everyone

I'll try and upload some updates this weekend, so at least everyone will have the current (beta) version and at least be up-to-date with where I'm at right now. There have been several unreleased updates over the last year for most of these addons. Then I'll shoot for next weekend and add the Steam Option.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Von Quest said:

@x_DarkSpecter_x

Thanks. I believe you can ALREADY use Custom Factions. That was in an update awhile back. I have the script-line right inside the Module.

Oh right, sorry it's been a little while since I've used it, I think what I meant was custom factions for the SCAR module, that way you can populate the map with whatever factions you want and populate the AO in the same manner. Unless I'm totally mistaken and you can already do that with the SCAR module too? Honestly I'm just looking to do some covert ops in Laos and Cambodia with the Unsung mod and your modules would be amazing for it lol.

Also as for the custom vehicles, just classnames would be perfect for me! But that's just my vote. 

Anywho, I know neither of these have to do with your SOCOM module so we can move this discussion to the appropriate topics if you want?

Super excited for the upcoming updates!!

Oh yeah, we are waiting for the updates! Thanks a lot!

Btw, can I use SOCOM with ALiVE? I don't know why, yet, but anyway...

Yup

It should work with anything. It just gives you a simple mission. Nothing fancy. I'd wait until the new updates though.

v0.2.5 Beta
=======================
ADDED: NEW CENTCOM System (WIP, locked pending re-write)
REMOVED: Enemy at RECON locations
CHANGED: several misc tweaks, etc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Von Quest for all your updates !

Great !  :thumb:

Ps : it should be enough work with all this content !

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

• I also wanted to ask !

Is there any ready mission to play ?!

Especially with F.R.O.G.S -- Combat Diver Project !

Thanks !

One major request ( getting greedy I know) ....could you add exfill points that one has to reach after doing the mission, maybe different ones...or safe houses :). I mean...there is always the chance to fuck things up and then have to escape somehow while every CSAT soldier their mother and their goat on Altis are trying to hunt you down...this could then include even checkpoints and stuff ...

just dreaming :)

btw...this mod really will bring me back to play more Arma again :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

just dreaming :)

Sometimes why not ?!

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

Yeah exactly :)

Something completely different that I am thinking of also, is a WII conversion of this mod...Hidden and Dangerous style missions playing as an SAS team   ( even more dreaming)

cheers

• Like 2

On 1/18/2019 at 12:59 AM, Von Quest said:

@everyone

I'll try and upload some updates this weekend, so at least everyone will have the current (beta) version and at least be up-to-date with where I'm at right now. There have been several unreleased updates over the last year for most of these addons. Then I'll shoot for next weekend and add the Steam Option.

Having the mods on Steam would be great, that way they auto update, and you know you're always using the newest versions.  I may just hold out until they are on Steam, I already have like 20 different versions of your mods downloaded, all sitting in a folder on my PC. I can't keep up with it all anymore because you've put out so many updates over the years. LoL

Anyway, keep up the good work, I'm excited to see these mods get updated. 

3 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Dangerous style missions playing as an SAS team

This is Good as well  !

Bravo two Zero style !

If you do make something like this , let me know really !

-Quote-

Thanks Evans!

hi Von Quest,

I have done the mission to recover the databox from the downed MI48. I have found and recovered the suitcase representing the databox but the mission did not complete. Also, enemies have not appeared.

Best! 

@quickdagger

I love your scopes btw, I've used them in the past.

Um, there is no "Mission Complete" popups or anything (at least not yet). Its up to you to know you finished the mission. And if you turned ON the setting for Enemy, there is a 33% chance they are patrolling the area. Either you didn't turn ON that Feature, or they just happened to be away (250+ radius random patrol) from the Mission Area. I should crank that down to a smaller range, now that I think about it. I love randomness and never knowing what the specifics are.

In the near future I'll have a setting for custom user factions.

• Thanks 1

Von Quest,

Are you still working on a Steam release for this weekend?

I love your scopes btw

Ha, thank you :)

Oh, that user custom factions thing would fit like a glove to my many factions :)

Now that you have explained, I think the 33% probability of not having a patrol looks nice, there is always that expectation. I use 2km spawn distance for AI spawn, because we play as snipers and like to recon the area from 2km away. Also, when we advance, we keep another unit 500 m behind to cover for flanking AI. So, AI patrolling 250m away from the goal looks nice but spawn distances much further would look awesome. We don't use those other AI mods because they de-spawn-re-spawn AI all the time and that render our backup strategies useless. 

The "no mission complete" message while on the mission makes sense to me now, because it simulates the situational confusion. However, maybe it could be confirmed when you are back to base. Just an idea.

Very nice you are around answering posts! Keep it up!

• Like 1

Thanks.

I forgot, ...there IS an option right now for your own Custom Factions and Units. There is a copy/paste section right inside the Module. Use your mouse and hover over the tooltip for info. Just paste the script line into your squad leader, units, vehicle, etc.

You'll have to place your own on the map first (corner somewhere, anywhere). Then when the mission is created, it'll teleport them to the area.

In the future I'll also be adding an option where you can enter your own Custom faction (config line) and it'll spawn them in so you won't have to have them on the map to start.

• Thanks 1

Very nice!

It is working now!

You have helped me to solve an old issue I had. I always wanted to dynamically place snipers around mission areas, in a way that they never move or stand up. With your methodology I have achieved that. All I do is adding this:

_nul = [this, 2000, 75, 1000] execVM "vqi_socom\custom_faction.sqf"; this setUnitPos "down"; this disableAI "Move"; 

... to the group leader init field, in the editor,  and they will spawn exactly as I want.

I also use EOS to spawn some patrols and bandits inside houses (for CQB) all over the map, so it is never safe to fool around. For the purple white list of civilians, I add a few blue allies, but dressed as civilians and carrying just pistols, to represent good-guys-armed-civilians. It is hard to know who is who during gameplay, which adds to the caos state and demands even more tactical planning.

If you want to check my always wip mission, here you are:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1468184551

• Thanks 2

Really impressed with this.  Good effort Von Quest.

Would love to see more surveillance and reconnaissance and support and influence style missions.

Overlooking targets, taking photographs, negotiating with tribal elders etc.