+1 for that update!  Could this also generate bases with enemies?   Particualar AAA-guns and such? Would give us a stronger opponent to fight and perhapps some air attacks to defend from?  Thanks.

I think you may have this thread confused with my SCAR project? Maybe not. I'll try and do a small update this weekend so you can add your own AAA. Works with all add-ons (CUP, RHS, etc). Kinda busy right now, but I should have some time hopefully on Sunday.

• Like 2

Thank you for you`re hard work.  Could you add a kinda`special thing.  Instead of Faction-could you add planes+pilots? That could get combat assighnments....Playable ,preferred .....  When you get the time.....Thannks much.

UPDATE

v0.2.4 Beta
=======================

ADDED: Custom User-Faction Option for Units, Vehicles, etc
ADDED: User-Object to be placed/Named
ADDED: Beachhead Mission (Note: Tanoa Bays do not work well)
ADDED: More random vehicles into Mission Area
CHANGED: Upgraded the Surveillance Mission (random USB Port)
CHANGED: Increased squads for Clear Area Mission
REMOVED: some Menu Options (temporary)
TWEAKED: Several misc files

To use ANY Unit or Faction, just copy this into its INIT BOX:

_nul = [this, 1111, 30, 555] execVM "vqi_socom\custom_faction.sqf";

EXAMPLE:

this.........itself (DO NOT CHANGE)
1111.......random spawn distance from the SOCOM Marker (epicenter)
30..........percent chance of patrolling the area (vs stationary)
555........average patrol radius from the SOCOM Marker (rough estimate)

• Like 3

I don't understand how to use custom factions. Explain it to me as if I were five years old?

Five-year-olds shouldn't be playing this game. Okay... Do you have the Mod activated? Turned 'on' that is? You should at least know how to download and activate a Mod/Addon.

Do you have the Module placed on the Map? Do you at least know how to Activate the SOCOM Mission? Let's start there.

Info and instructions are in the DOC FOLDER.

Any Unit you place on the Map, you can Double-Click to bring up it's Options in the Eden Editor. The Top Box is where you can Name it (if needed). Just below that is the INIT Box. That's where you paste that line of Script Code.

Tip:

Technically all you need is the Module Placed, and a Marker named mkrSOCOM.

I did everything it said to do in the readme. The laptop gave me no options. I couldn't do anything. I was using the map Bystrica.

You have to wait longer. It takes a minute to setup. You should get a Hint msg when it's ready. Did you Name the Object (laptop)?

19 hours ago, Von Quest said:

You have to wait longer. It takes a minute to setup. You should get a Hint msg when it's ready. Did you Name the Object (laptop)?

Yes. I named the object. It was a default Arma 3 laptop that I put on a table. I'll try it again and wait longer this time.

Looking like a promising option for some truly dynamic objective creation, and a great alternative to similar systems.

Two suggestions for further expansion:

1) Allow players to scroll through individual objectives to be created via the laptop, but leave the option for "Random" in there as well. This will increase usability while not restricting your current setup.

2) Allow mission editors to place marker(s) for areas of operation in Eden. Creator can put a rectangular marker for example similar to TAORs with ALiVE, and that area will be used for objective creation as opposed to random areas all over a map.

• Like 2

Thanks. The first option I can add at some point. I'm okay with that, and it should be quick and easy enough to add.

The second one, is a good idea, except would be a pain to modify what I already have built. It could also be problematic, if you have an area that is too restictive for what it's searching for and be stuck in a forever-loop.

I'll look into, but doutbful it'll be added.

No big update for this project this month like the other Projects. It was just updated in July. I'll be adding more Missions over the Winter. I also haven't had much time this summer, but I'll be adding more INTEL Options soon. I'm still brainstorming. If anyone has ideas, feel free to post them.

• Like 1

How many groups do you need to place on map to use with SOCOM? I'm making an alive mission that has Taliban insurgency units as the OPFOR, and want to make sure they are spawned for SOCOM missions.

Yes please more missions...rescue missions ( downed pilots, hostages etc),  capturing war criminals or finding evidence for war crimes, defusing mines and explosives and last but not least war against drugs scenarios...  

for intel...drones are on the wishlist :)

cheers

keep it up

PS :  infiltration by boat please :)  ( a lot of wishes but hey it"s christmas time xD)

4 hours ago, Catchdog64 said:

How many groups do you need to place on map to use with SOCOM? I'm making an alive mission that has Taliban insurgency units as the OPFOR, and want to make sure they are spawned for SOCOM missions.

Not sure I understand the question. You can place any number of units if using the custom code. Just Copy & Paste in the Unit or Leader. Can't remember if I added info into the Doc or not (on phone right now).

If needed Taliban enemy, I don't think this spawns them in. You'd have to use one from the drop-down list, or place your own with the custom code pasted into their init box.

You can use ALiVE to populate the map, then place as few as 1 or 100 units of your own Taliban to have them teleport to the Mission Area. Hope that answers your question.

38 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

Yes please more missions...rescue missions ( downed pilots, hostages etc),  capturing war criminals or finding evidence for war crimes, defusing mines and explosives and last but not least war against drugs scenarios...  

for intel...drones are on the wishlist :)

cheers

keep it up

PS :  infiltration by boat please :)  ( a lot of wishes but hey it"s christmas time xD)

Some good ideas.... I just checked your socking, and I'm afraid it's just coal. LOL.

SOCOM is very low on the list right now, but I'm hoping to add some more Missions soon. I'll pull some strings and see what I can sneak in before Christmas.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Von Quest said:

Not sure I understand the question. You can place any number of units if using the custom code. Just Copy & Paste in the Unit or Leader. Can't remember if I added info into the Doc or not (on phone right now).

If needed Taliban enemy, I don't think this spawns them in. You'd have to use one from the drop-down list, or place your own with the custom code pasted into their init box.

You can use ALiVE to populate the map, then place as few as 1 or 100 units of your own Taliban to have them teleport to the Mission Area. Hope that answers your question

Sorta. What I meant was, if I just put down one group and paste the code in it's init, once that group is killed that's it. Right? If I want the ability to use 100 or so units, I'd have to place all 100 of them on the map?

Hi, was playing around with SOCOM today, i really like it, the missions are well balanced and fun, thanks!

this doesn't use arma3 task system? is there a way to connect it so the missions will be assignable tasks? is there anything that triggers at a missions end  for mission makers to attach rewards/debriefings to?

Is there anything which lets me know a mission is definitely complete? some missions like 'clear area' i'm not sure that i've ever completed, either i didn't kill everyone for the 'mission completed' message or there was none to be had and i was stalking round an empty town for an hour ;)

... that said i like that SOCOM doesn't hold your hand through its missions, e.g. for kill HVT you have to check yourself that target is dead rather than getting a message ping up on screen. :D

Edited by lordfrith
columbo "just one more thing" syndrome

Thanks!

I kept it neutral and open for two reasons... One, we wanted a random mission generator where there were no pop-ups, or holograms that pulled you out of the "simulation/immersion". There are numerous missions where you'll never quite know it's was successful or not. Since you are the one that is boots-on-the-ground, then only you can determine that it was successful or not. You'll  have to role-play how you want. Its part of the Fog-of-War.

The second reason is to keep your game clean, and it wouldn't interfere with other gamemodes, etc you have running.

I wanted a system where you are assigned your mission, and then you have to plan and execute that mission from A to Z (all my other mods are required for that). I wanted it to feel as real-ish as possible. No hand holding. Maybe the town is clear, maybe it's not. If you did your job and cleared all buildings, then is probably clear. BUT, you'll never know. Never let your guard down. It's combat. It's Dangerous!

I played around with adding a variable or action report so you have something to hook on to. I still may add it. It's a good idea!

• Like 1

@Von Quest thanks for the quick answer, haha i'm kinda reassured to know its working as intended :D

it does force you to pay more attention to where and how you're going if you're not just running towards a big floating icon. i found i planned more.

things like the possibility of confirming HVT kills at the AO or going back to base for debriefing and maybe some mission statistics would be cool to get some feedback from HQ, similar to whats there already: the briefing text  has good detail like what the target is wearing and where roughly HVT is in a building is great for planning.

is there a way to blacklist some areas or spawn missions in specific area's?

well... now i know for sure i haven't built the mission wrong i'm gonna check out some more of the mission types, thanks for your hard work.

Edited by lordfrith
already too many already's

Is it possible to add a sides aircraft as a part of missions and waves of infantry to support them by adding air to what is available by adding  an "Air Commander" as in Alive?   Would give us a reason to add AAA-infantry.

I'm so sorry, I'm not sure I understand... If you are looking for a mission to shoot down enemy aircraft, I'd recommend just using my SCAR add-on and add how ever many enemy AOs you want.

Not sure if that kinda answered your question. I haven't used ALiVE in a long time. I'll have to check out this "air command" you speak of.

Modding time is almost zero for me right now. I have a bunch of smaller updates for most projects, but haven't had the time to upload them yet.

I hoped all the cool new navy toys etc would bring you back...still dreaming of an all in one steam upload :)

cheers

• Thanks 1

The surveillance missions do not seem to work. When in game and having selected the SOCOM addiction, it goes to the map then keeps on cycling "Mission Type Surveillance" then "re-tasking - new mission", with no mission ever appearing. 

On 12/29/2018 at 4:10 PM, pappagoat said:

The surveillance missions do not seem to work. When in game and having selected the SOCOM addiction, it goes to the map then keeps on cycling "Mission Type Surveillance" then "re-tasking - new mission", with no mission ever appearing. 

Anybody? Frustrating as the surveillance missions are exactly what I'm after!

The map you are using is missing the on-map object for it to use.

Its the Transformer Utility Box (Land_spp_Transformer_F) that that Mission is looking for.

It kinda simulates hacking into it as the enemy has some server unit in it, and a laptop

gets placed next to the open door during maint/upgrade/etc, by a Technician.

Right now its just 1 mission under that category. I have several more planned, just haven't

had any time this winter.

You'll need to use a different map, or place that object manually via Eden Editor.

• Like 1