I ran my test mission that has all the VQI models on it, Map is Altis. Single Player mission from Editor load up.  

I spawned in, was able to generate a mission from my placed laptop, and proceed on mission.
Items generated for a Trojan Horse mission, and multiple Green and Opfor troops spawned as complications.  I had air traffic set and got a couple of random flyovers also.

So, it all seemed to be working for me.

I figured it out aka I'm an idiot. I wasn't placing the laptop and thus couldn't launch the mission. Thank you so much ski!

Yup. Just place any object you want to use. Most of us like a Laptop.

Hey dude! Would it be possible to get a version without the need for the laptop? (ie a mission is generated as soon as the mission is booted)

Thanks!

Sure. That's a good idea.

Until the next update, just execute this line how you want (editor init box, trigger, init.sqf file, etc):

execVM "vqi_socom\VQI-SinisterSOCOM\vqi_socom_missions.sqf";

- UPDATE -

v0.2.3 Beta
=======================

CHANGED: Reduced Shake & Aim Skill, (random 0.3 if enemy spawn)
FIXED: RECON stuck on LRRPs
ADDED: 10% of enemy to each RECON Point
FIXED: Wrong Marker Setting
FIXED: HVT Spawning sometimes in Water
FIXED: Recovery of MI-48 Intel too close to objects
FIXED: Bad Map config in Custom User Maps

• Like 1

Hi

I would love to test your mode, but unfortunately I have this message every time.

ERROR_vqi.png

Sorry, the image does not appear on the forum but it is corrected

Could you help me fix this problem.

My mission in the editor, there is simply 1 unit and the module.

This looks really good, I'm a very poor mission maker and I have a few questions.

Does this work with custom factions?

Can you have AI teammates and can you revive them/Make them take no damage?

I only ask the last part because in many shooters in story mode have Invincible AI team mates with "plot Armor"

@maverick

I can't remember, and can't check right now, but I believe there is instructions included in the Docs Folder. I'm guessing you didn't place an Object down for the Action Menu (like a laptop). Place a Laptop down and name it: VQI_SOCOM_LAPTOP. The menu to activate a Mission will be on there within a minute or so. Not at home to check, but I believe that's how it goes. Check the Docs Folder. I'll be making this better soon for newer players. Busy with other projects right now.

@kothen

No. No custom Factions right now. I'll be adding more Factions in the future though. Technically it's not really supposed to have Factions. It works best with a supplemental mod that adds Enemy to the Map (like SCAR, ALiVE, etc). I added enemy factions so there would be guaranteed enemy at every Mission Area. Adding Factions is time consuming and kind of a pain in the ass so I'm holding off until this is closer to v1. And as for invincible AI, no. Not sure I understand that. That makes no sense to add that in this project. If you want them to not take damage, then type this into thier Init Field in the Eden Editor:  this allowDamage false;

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Von Quest said:

@maverick

I can't remember, and can't check right now, but I believe there is instructions included in the Docs Folder. I'm guessing you didn't place an Object down for the Action Menu (like a laptop). Place a Laptop down and name it: VQI_SOCOM_LAPTOP. The menu to activate a Mission will be on there within a minute or so. Not at home to check, but I believe that's how it goes. Check the Docs Folder. I'll be making this better soon for newer players. Busy with other projects right now.

@kothen

No. No custom Factions right now. I'll be adding more Factions in the future though. Technically it's not really supposed to have Factions. It works best with a supplemental mod that adds Enemy to the Map (like SCAR, ALiVE, etc). I added enemy factions so there would be guaranteed enemy at every Mission Area. Adding Factions is time consuming and kind of a pain in the ass so I'm holding off until this is closer to v1. And as for invincible AI, no. Not sure I understand that. That makes no sense to add that in this project. If you want them to not take damage, then type this into thier Init Field in the Eden Editor:  this allowDamage false;

I didn't mean to add invincible AI, I was just wondering if its possible to do that. Which you answered, Thank you!

On 21/03/2017 at 7:21 AM, Von Quest said:

@maverick

Hello,

Thank you for coming back. Precisely I read the documentation. But precisely the object is nowhere in the editor, even when I try to do spawn with its classename.

In my first post I had not seen but the picture does not appear.

Would you have a solution idea for the object to be available.

thank you in advance

Cordialy

You can place ANY object down and name it with that variable.  It can be a box, Laptop, Desktop computer, lamp.. whatever.  You just place an object down that you want to use for the Action Menu Command.

• Like 2

When you place an Object down (any object you choose), double-click it to bring up its Eden Editor Options. At the top (Variable Name) you MUST name it so the SOCOM System Script can find it. Name it -----> VQI_SOCOM_LAPTOP.

As ski2060 stated, it can be anything. If you want to use a Laptop (again your choice) its in the Yellow Props Icon, so it would be: Objects >> Props >> Things >> Electronics.

In the next update you'll be able to name it anything as well as a User Option, to lessen some confusion as you are not the only one. A few of my projects require an User-Map-Placed Object for the Menus to show up on to use and initiate the Mod.

• Like 1

Is there anyway to run this not a mod, but a script for multiplayer coop and/or dedicated server. I play on a vanilla only server and would like to add this mission set to the frame work we already use?

Thanks and humbly,

Reed

• Like 1

On 25/03/2017 at 7:49 PM, Von Quest said:

When you place an Object down (any object you choose), double-click it to bring up its Eden Editor Options. At the top (Variable Name) you MUST name it so the SOCOM System Script can find it. Name it -----> VQI_SOCOM_LAPTOP.

As ski2060 stated, it can be anything. If you want to use a Laptop (again your choice) its in the Yellow Props Icon, so it would be: Objects >> Props >> Things >> Electronics.

In the next update you'll be able to name it anything as well as a User Option, to lessen some confusion as you are not the only one. A few of my projects require an User-Map-Placed Object for the Menus to show up on to use and initiate the Mod.

Hi,

Very nice thx for you help.

Is there a signed version for this for MP? I didnt see a bikey in it anywhere.

Diesel

Is there a way to not have the Intel come up ? I really like all your mods but because your Intel deleten the map markers its a real pain in the ass. You have to wait till all Intel is toen before getting a mission.

I'm assuming the Intel AOs with the SCAR Mod? Unfortunately not. You can still get the Mission right away though if you wish. The Mission Marker gets saved into the Intel Marker Layer that's displayed. The mission and scripts and everything still runs as needed. Just remember where it was, or pull up the Intel Later its in with SHIFT + A.

For example, if you run a Mission at the very start, then the Mission Marker gets Saved in the Rogue/Combatants Intel Layer. You don't have to actually wait until all AO Intel is done to start to plan your Mission or Gear-Up for the Op. Hope that helps. Right now, it's the best system I could code. I couldn't figure out how to differentiate between auto _local markers, and user-placed ones.

Could you add custom enemy bases and patrols to this?  Need those...

I'll have to think on the Bases... I've been in contact with Larrow awhile back, and have his permission to include his Composition Spawn system.

The Custom User-Factions script is done! I just haven't uploaded it yet. It's 100% user controlled. Works on any and all Factions you place. I made it last month, and forgot all about it. I can do a small update this weekend if you all want. Let me know. I ran out of time this month with real-life projects.

• Like 3

Hell yes! I'd love to be able to use Project OpFor and/or RHS factions for my unit to build some sneaky sneaky missions. 
Hope to see this suite get to MP suitable play.  
Keep up the great work.

15 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

I really hope to see this mod in all its glory one day :)

I'm not sure if you were around when Spookwarcom was fully functional before BI updates killed it ,but man oh man it was one of the very best experiences I've ever had in A3. I'd love to see these individual Von Quest mods compiled back into a single mod like the old days, though I do understand people like being able to choose what to use and whatnot.

• Like 2