SIGINTOPERATIONSCOVERT  OBJECTIVES  and  MISSIONS
by  Richard Von Quest

VERSION:  v0.6.8 beta
UPDATED:  14 MAR 2021

DONATE:   Support Project

eebGBrD.jpg

// INTRODUCTION:
This is the Stand-Alone Module of my Mission Generator & Intelligence System from my SpookWarCom Project. SOCOM Module is a Spec-Ops/Black-Ops random Mission Generator with unlimited combinations of dark and eerie "behind-the-lines" Objectives & Missions. More TBA at a latter time.

"CLASSIFIED:  EYES-ONLY"

// FEATURES:

• Select Probability (0-100%) for EACH Type
  • Numerous Custom User Options for EACH Mission
  • Custom User .sqf File Options for Units and Objects
  • Enter Unlimited Classnames for Objectives
  • Enter User Classnames for Enemy Guards/Units
  • Generic System for ANY/ALL Styles, Timelines, Ops, etc
  • Select ArmA 3 TASK, Generic Marker, or MapGrid
  • Turn ON STEALTH Options for any Mission
  • Full User Customization & Settings for Micro-Detail
  • All Factions, Addons, Mods, and Maps Supported
  • Marker Blacklist, Urban vs Rural, and many more!!!
  • 30+ Mission Types Under Construction.....

// MISSION TYPES:

1. Mission -- Assault / Direct Action
  2. Mission -- Reconnaissance 1-26 (Alpha - Zulu)
  3. Mission -- Ambush / Intercept
  4. Mission -- Destroy / Demo
  5. Mission -- Recover Intelligence
  6. Mission -- Search & Recover
  7. Mission -- High Value Target
  8. Mission -- Defend Area or BASE
  9. Mission -- Steal Enemy Vehicle
  10. Mission -- Attack Vehicle Convoy
  11. Mission -- Sniper's "Hogstooth"

// NOTES:

n/a

// REQUIRED:
n/a

// DONATE:

x7loD5s.png

D7Bj1Mj.png
MISSIONS & INTELLIGENCE
Von Quest Industries

// LICENSE:

Bx6eSxo.png

Spoiler

ARMA PUBLIC LICENSE NO DERIVATIVES (APL-ND)

DO NOT CHANGE and UPLOAD ANYWHERE. You are free to modify for personal use ONLY. Please DO NOT UPLOAD ON ANY SERVERS, STEAM, etc. Please DO NOT contact me asking for permission to change, tweak, modify, alter, etc and use on Steam, or for your milsim group, friends, etc.

If you want to use any of my projects, then users MUST DOWNLOAD or SUBSCRIBE to this Project. If you like this project, then just download it as-is, fully intact, and use as a normal mod. Any and all requests will be ignored.

I'm offering two possible exceptions. 1.Mention the password: New England Clam Chowder. And cite a good strong case as to what you want, and be specific with your request. This proves to me you at least care enough to have READ this page. If you like this mod, please Click Subscribe. 2.The second way is to BRIBE ME. Click on any Donate/Support link and then PM me with the request(s). No guarantees! This is to only show support, and get my attention. The more donations, the faster I can update, and honor requests.

// CREDIT & THANKS:

*n/a

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Awesome!!!

Is the documentation on how to use this in the download? Or is it just placing the module and adjusting the settings within it?

EDIT: I see the "Note:TBA" disclosure. Disregard the question above.

• Like 1

I'm just curious,,, what prompted the decision to return to the separated modules for release?

I think it will be way more public-friendly by segregating each project.

It will also keep things more organized and focused for each system.

It also frees-up the creativity and allows for better diversity since I'm

no longer restricted to the specific "Black-Ops Only" Theme as before.

I think huge projects tend to intimidate a lot of people, and I was getting

PMs and things that reflected peoples confusion about SpookWarCom.

Thanks .

Yup. Just place Module anywhere and set the options. It's the same as before, just upgraded and fixed all broken Missions. Added a few more as well. More Recon and HVT Missions. Upgraded and fixed the Sink Trawler Mission, etc.

Let me know if anyone has any issues/bugs. Should work great right now. Place ANY object you want to use and name it: VQI_SOCOM_LAPTOP

I should change the name as you dont have to use a laptop per-se. The menu option to get your mission will appear on there. Also, I do NOT have any of the Intel stuff setup in this public release. I'll add some into it after I release my SCAR Project next week. That is the old DARK System (enemy spawner).

It goes without saying... but this is meant to be used playing as an BLUFOR unit with EAST/CSAT as the enemy. If you play a different way, some stuff won't lineup. If it's not quite your storyline, just skip reading the Mission Briefing and Role-Play what you want.

Anyone who is not familiar with this project, you also select the Random X Missions to place random mission areas to use how you want. Nothing is generated or anything. It just places an X on the map.

I have alot more Missions coming but I need to get all stand-alone modules fixed and out first.

This is NOT setup or tested with the New Tanoa Map. It's designed to work the best with Altis but should work fine (limited) with all other Maps.

Hi,

I like the concept of a Black Ops mission generator, I've been looking for one since A3 came out.

I have a couple of questions, I think you answered them already but I would like to ask again just for clarification;

1) the Mod is build for and designed around Altis, it should work with other maps but for best results Altis works best (correct?).

2) The only Factions available are BLUFOR (player's side) and OPFOPR (CSAT) and no other 3rd party mods will work ie; UNSUNG Mod (correct?).

the mod looks great for when you want to jump in and have a quick game allowing for limitless variations, I look forward to giving it a try.

thanks

On 6/17/2016 at 2:22 AM, zafjr said:

Do the clients need it too?

Its an Addon/Mod (not script). So I'm guessing any Client will need to have it installed and activated or they will get kicked from the server. I'm just guessing, as I never tried to connect another pc without it. So... Yes?

On 6/17/2016 at 10:46 AM, arabian76 said:

hello.

you could create an illustrated tutorial ?

What? Are you serious?

1. Place Module ANYWHERE.

2. Double-Click Module and select any options if wanted. Recommended to leave as default as this will give you a Random Mission.

3. Place ANY Object on Map (recommend Laptop). Name it:  VQI_SOCOM_LAPTOP

4. Start Mission (Click PLAY in the Map Editor).

5. Wait 30 seconds or so... Then walk up to that Object you placed and there will be a Menu on it for you to Click. Click it!

6. It will Generate a Mission for you to do.

7. While the Map is Open, and the Type of Mission is Marked on the Map, Check the Mission Briefing for more Details.

8. Attempt to accomplish that Mission any way you can!!!

9. Its up to you to role-play as you wish, and setup any and ALL OTHER Map Details (*Enemy, Infiltration, Exfiltration, FOBs, Gear, etc)

*By default, there are very few enemy created for the Mission itself. Some missions do, other do not. [recommend using SCAR or ALiVE]

On 6/17/2016 at 4:00 PM, dr@gon said:

Hi,

I like the concept of a Black Ops mission generator, I've been looking for one since A3 came out.

I have a couple of questions, I think you answered them already but I would like to ask again just for clarification;

1) the Mod is build for and designed around Altis, it should work with other maps but for best results Altis works best (correct?).

2) The only Factions available are BLUFOR (player's side) and OPFOPR (CSAT) and no other 3rd party mods will work ie; UNSUNG Mod (correct?).

the mod looks great for when you want to jump in and have a quick game allowing for limitless variations, I look forward to giving it a try.

thanks

1. Correct. This works with ALL Maps (99%) as long as they are properly config'd (have a set mapsize value). I may have upgraded this (can't remember) to work with all maps (100%) by using a fallback default mapsize if one is not found. But I doubt it. My code needs to know the mapsize to therefor find the map center as a starting point. Right now, Altis has the MOST Missions available as I'm looking for Altis Objects (ie Lighthouse, Water Ops, etc) in several Missions. So if you use this on a desert map, then obviously you would miss any Water-Based (Sink Ship) Missions.

2. You can set the Mission-Enemy (if any) to NATO, CSAT, AAF, and even RHS Russians. But, correct. It will work best, and make the most sense if you play as BLUFOR, and set the Misson-Enemy to CSAT. For Example: if you set your option to RHS Russians and get a "Assassinate the Officer" Mission. It will spawn a RHS Russian Officer at the Mission Area and have him do random stuff (walk around, go inside a building, etc). I tried to keep the Mission Briefings as generic as I could (or remember) so you could play as anyone for most missions. But I believe I worded some Briefings as you are Targeting "OPFOR" most of the time. So if you wanted to play as CSAT then the Briefing wouldn't make much sense. So in that sense, SOME Missions are SPECIFIC though and are meant to play that way. Still Work-In-Progress.

• Like 2

Von,

thanks for that writeup.  I was a bit confused about how and what the module did myself, so that really helped me visualize what indeed the SOCOM module did.  I had this vision that it spawned a full mission like MCC or Alive mission generation.

Now that I know it's more of a targeted "go here, do this" type of framework with the rest of the map up to me that gives me an idea of what I need to set up in a mission file.

It sounds like I can set up a map with either MCC or ALiVE to populate my enemy forces, place down all my Blufor and Opfor assets, bases etc..  and then run SOCOM missions that spawn just the mission Task and minimal assets (HVT etc).
That about sum it up?

It sounds like I can set up a map with either MCC or ALiVE to populate my enemy forces, place down all my Blufor and Opfor assets, bases etc.. and then run SOCOM missions that spawn just the mission Task and minimal assets (HVT etc).

That about sum it up?

I haven't used this module yet, but it seems to be essentially the same concept as Spookwarcom so yes. That is until he introduces the ambient enemies in a future update.

The way I personally plan to use his new modules, which is the same way I used them before, is to set up a base of operations. I'll use the scuba, halo/paradrops and SOCOM modules on a map populated ambiently by ALiVE.

I'll get the mission from the laptop, and choose my course of infiltration from there; ALiVE assuring any physical path I take could be dangerous but not guarenteed to be dangerous due to the randomization of ALiVE.

I'll likely use an ALiVE transport chopper too. That way I can get in, get out, and go back to base to get another mission if I choose. That, or use the offshore site instead whenever he finishes that up which makes mission setup time even easier because you don't need a base (it was awesome in Spookwarcom)!

I really enjoyed doing this in Spookwarcom and think I'll love it even more now that Von Quest gave us even more to love with the updates. :) Good times. Some of my best Arma experiences have been with stuff Von Quest has made and it's not even close.

• Like 3

Thanks for your reply.

Your answers clarified what I needed to know.

cheers.

I haven't used this module yet, but it seems to be essentially the same concept as Spookwarcom so yes. That is until he introduces the ambient enemies in a future update.

The way I personally plan to use his new modules, which is the same way I used them before, is to set up a base of operations. I'll use the scuba, halo/paradrops and SOCOM modules on a map populated ambiently by ALiVE.

I'll get the mission from the laptop, and choose my course of infiltration from there; ALiVE assuring any physical path I take could be dangerous but not guarenteed to be dangerous due to the randomization of ALiVE.

I'll likely use an ALiVE transport chopper too. That way I can get in, get out, and go back to base to get another mission if I choose. That, or use the offshore site instead whenever he finishes that up which makes mission setup time even easier because you don't need a base (it was awesome in Spookwarcom)!

I really enjoyed doing this in Spookwarcom and think I'll love it even more now that Von Quest gave us even more to love with the updates. :) Good times. Some of my best Arma experiences have been with stuff Von Quest has made and it's not even close.

Perfectly stated. Yes. It seems you "get it". Where all this is going anyway...

Wait until you see the NEW Tactical Operations Center (TOC), inspired by Section 20 in Strike Back. Its fucking awesome!!!

And the NEW SCAR (Enemy Occupation System) is AMAZING! We've been testing it for the last few weeks, and its fantastic.

• Like 3

Section 20 from Strike Back?!! This is exactly what I am looking for! Can you give details?

Well then, looking forward to the SCAR module release to test that out.  I currently have both ALiVE and MCC to choose from for enemy unit generation, but another method would be nice.

Its an Addon/Mod (not script). So I'm guessing any Client will need to have it installed and activated or they will get kicked from the server. I'm just guessing, as I never tried to connect another pc without it. So... Yes?

Oh. Was wondering because SENSEII's in progress mission, Dynamic Combat Generator, is now being created as a server side mod. Clients dont need the mod, very convenient.

Section 20 from Strike Back?!! This is exactly what I am looking for! Can you give details?

How's this for detail!!!!!?

LjQbOO5.jpg

Well then, looking forward to the SCAR module release to test that out.  I currently have both ALiVE and MCC to choose from for enemy unit generation, but another method would be nice.

Cool, Yeah its great. It's hard to compete against ALiVE as its the gold-standard, but I came up with something that a little different and more noob friendly. It creates Hot & Cold spots of enemy activity with Intel Reports.

Oh. Was wondering because SENSEII's in progress mission, Dynamic Combat Generator, is now being created as a server side mod. Clients dont need the mod, very convenient.

Sounds more advanced than what I'm doing. I can't remember if I've ever tried DCG.

• Like 2

So, I know you said this is WIP, and not quite set up for Tanoa.  I tried it on Tanoa just to see what I'd get when using this to set a mission.

I got a random recon mission, with 5 inland objectives on the main island.  I infil'd with an assault boat at night, and attempted to traverse overland to the 5 objective points.
About halfway to my first point, 3 of the points disappeared leaving only the first and last recon points.

I assume all of these points are just set as roleplay style objectives?  I saw no items or actual task completion when getting near and checking all around the Recon Point.

I look forward to more refinement of your system and hope to include some modules for my unit soon.

I got a random recon mission, with 5 inland objectives on the main island. I infil'd with an assault boat at night, and attempted to traverse overland to the 5 objective points.

About halfway to my first point, 3 of the points disappeared leaving only the first and last recon points.

Ski, it's possible the tasks are disappearing due to a dev branch bug. I've read several reports of task markers not working properly ATM.

Roger.  I'll try it on Main Branch since I have both working :D  Maybe try another Island chain map.

• Like 1

Is it possible to say be able use third party as Opfor in the module. Like Middle East resistance by massi or CAF aggressors?

Roger. I'll try it on Main Branch since I have both working :D Maybe try another Island chain map.

I'll look into it. Thanks. Looks like you got the LRRP Mission. Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol. There is a little hint that pops up when you are close enough to the Recon Point. But I made the timing random so you can't just stumbled onto it and get lucky. I make you work for it. Basically you have to commit to the spot (within 50m) and wait for like a minute or two. Like he said on the Markers, it might be a dev-branch issue. Make sure you take your own notes or set the option to keep markers ON.

Is it possible to say be able use third party as Opfor in the module. Like Middle East resistance by massi or CAF aggressors?

Sure. I do plan on adding more. But not until I get the other projects upgraded, working, and released. If you want to see your preferred factions supported, you can speed up things by getting me all the Classnames.
  • Like 1

Wait until you see the NEW Tactical Operations Center (TOC), inspired by Section 20 in Strike Back. Its fucking awesome!!!

And the NEW SCAR (Enemy Occupation System) is AMAZING! We've been testing it for the last few weeks, and its fantastic.

Was just passing by to say thank you for the SOCOM module. Works well with an ALIVE environment, particularly on Altis. Really like the mission generation process with the laptop, the clear map intel, the great briefings. Got some nice missions lately and enjoyed them so far.

Still being a noob at creating coherent missions, even with 2K+ hours on arma 3, so this tool is really appreciated.

Can't wait to see more about the TOC and SCAR modules, and the kind of ambient environment they can create. If they're as user (and CPU) friendly, i'm in! 

Keep up the good work :)