Flax

Tanoa Tides - Modifed Sea Levels

XWjH4XZ.png

Got bored on the train to work this morning, so here is 4 PBO's each config'd to give Tanoa a new sea level height. I'll update this evening with pictures and more info. In the mean time:

Low Tide - Water is lowered exposing sand bars between islands and coastlines.
No Water - Water is removed allowing exploration of ocean floor.
Flooded - Water level high to cover some coastline towns and villages but not over mountains/ hills.
Underwater - The whole island except a few hill/ mountain peaks is underwater. 

Place whichever PBO you need into the addons folder and move the current PBO back to optional folder. Make sure only one
PBO in addons folder at a time, otherwise you may not end up with the sea level you require.

Mega: https://mega.nz/#!KE92kTTb!LqXMMmTFxXgyzxQhgdE1V_AgUmO4bmXsKHIlDUqzAwM

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=704658255

Any feedback on the water levels welcome. 

• Like 8

Thanks, subscribed on Steam, low tide version suits me as I hike and cycle everywhere checking out new maps.

Mega download link needs a key.

Mega download link needs a key.

Thanks - updated with key.

Thanks, subscribed on Steam, low tide version suits me as I hike and cycle everywhere checking out new maps.

i wonder if that says something about how healthy we are as a person? i use a helicopter...

• Like 5

vtVRGHc.png

Got bored on the train to work this morning, so here is 4 PBO's each config'd to give Tanoa a new sea level height. I'll update this evening with pictures and more info. In the mean time:

Low Tide - Water is lowered exposing sand bars between islands and coastlines.
No Water - Water is removed allowing exploration of ocean floor.
Flooded - Water level high to cover some coastline towns and villages but not over mountains/ hills.
Underwater - The whole island except a few hill/ mountain peaks is underwater. 

Place whichever PBO you need into the addons folder and move the current PBO back to optional folder. Make sure only one
PBO in addons folder at a time, otherwise you may not end up with the sea level you require.

Mega: https://mega.nz/#!KE92kTTb!LqXMMmTFxXgyzxQhgdE1V_AgUmO4bmXsKHIlDUqzAwM

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=704658255

Any feedback on the water levels welcome. 

Would you mind giving credit for using my Tanoa pier screeenshot?

Thank you.

bb0949469d1b4e6a7c44eee8013184df.png

Would you mind giving credit for using my Tanoa pier screeenshot?

Thank you.

My apologies, was supposed to be in there - I did PM you regarding this.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Tanoa Tides v1.0

Thanks Foxhound.
  • Like 1

My apologies, was supposed to be in there - I did PM you regarding this.

Thanks Foxhound.

Thanks Flax, sorry I didn't check PM's- been busy with finals!

Cheers! :)  Looking forward to trying your work out!

• Like 1

Thanks Flax, sorry I didn't check PM's- been busy with finals!

Cheers! :)  Looking forward to trying your work out!

No worries, I have changed to a more relevant image now.  :D

• Like 1

seriously man?!? It only looks like a modified version of the mod which I published a day before on the steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=704163242&searchtext=tanoa

please ask the next time before your publishing otherstuff in your name. ^^

But I admit the idea of having diverent pbos for each extrem water levels is quiet good  ;)

seriously man?!? It only looks like a modified version of the mod which I published a day before on the steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=704163242&searchtext=tanoa
please ask the next time before your publishing otherstuff in your name. ^^
But I admit the idea of having diverent pbos for each extrem water levels is quiet good  ;)

@Schrottpage Please don't go accusing people of stuff you don't know is true... This is a simple config change that anyone could have done in 10 mins. It's been done before on Altis and Stratis by many a few different people. The whole mod is less than 20 lines of config so I wouldn't get too upset about it even if it was copied * which it was not *.

• Like 2

@flax_ I'm sorry dude. I didn't want to appear rude. It was just a little bit weird. How would you have reacted if this happened to you? I know the mod is less than 20 lines of code and could be written in 10 minutes but I have worked several days on it caused by multiplayer-tests, creation of a timelapse video and other stuff f.ex. taking ingame pictures. Maybe I'm not a pro like you. I've just worked on one arma map so far that probably will never be published. So this was my first "real" mod-release and on the next day you came up with your mod and not only on the steam-workshop but also on every other arma website I knew. Most likely this was a coincidence, but at this moment it was really strange.

@Schrottpage no worries  :D I get where you are coming from and can understand how it would be annoying. I'm no pro, not in anyway just spend time on the forums. Forums is best place to post new stuff and the wonderful Foxhound usually picks up on new mods and posts them to Armaholic. Good luck with the new map.

Now, dynamic tide based on the time of day and time of year, changing the height of the sea whilst in-mission, now dat's where it's at.

(yes yes I know it's probably completely impossible, just sayin!)

Probably should have checked out Schrott's mod first before posting.  DOH!

Edited by Rockfrog
  • Like 1

On 16-6-2016 at 1:53 PM, Flax said:

Thanks - updated with key.

Ive tried running your mod on my Exile server.
Can get it installed on both client and server.
However, it does not contain a key both here, armaholic and the steam workshop does not excist anymore either.
So i remove it from the client... Roaming AI boats are now flying at +10m sealevel.

Might it be possible to release a key for this so its possible to use this in MP missions?

With kind regards!

On 4-5-2017 at 4:27 PM, Flax said:

Hey, I've dropped the mod off of the steam workshop as there are plenty of alternative's out there now too - try this one out.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=914112746

Mods you can lock this topic as a discontinued project.

Yep thank you!

That one does indeed work but cannot be adjusted (sea level wise) in a multiplayer server.
Sea level is set client side (and server side but purely for the server itself).
Adjusting it server side will make AI boats float in the air and adjusting it client side kicks people with file mismatch.

Really interesting

I have a request then

I like to play on Lythium and it has what would be a great looking river. There are a few places where water barely makes an appearance. It would look great if the water level could be raised about 15 or 20 feet. Could I ask you to look into that please?

Thanks!