J0K3R 5

Insurgency - Tanoa

How do u edit the support commands to make the vehicles fly in with CUP units etc? Also want to spawn units using cup gear 

If your wanting to change loadouts, youll need to edit the files.

Delete the selectable ai Ive put in and replace them with the CUP ai that you want to play with.

If your wanting to change loadouts, youll need to edit the files.

Delete the selectable ai Ive put in and replace them with the CUP ai that you want to play with.

where is the loadouts located and where is the spawning scripts located(I wanna remove the AA units with the AA guns).

Also wondering, is it possible to make the mission persistent,(save over restarts)?

I have a question, why is the bleed/respawn timer SO LONG!? lol also the AI derps out so hard in our squads its kinda annoying and we have to wait to spawn more.

I have a question, why is the bleed/respawn timer SO LONG!? lol also the AI derps out so hard in our squads its kinda annoying and we have to wait to spawn more.

The new version will have a selectable timer in the params for the bleed out time.

Can you explain more on the the ai derps out, you can go up to the ai team members and select DISMISS to delete them.

*** NEW VERSION UPLOADED

I set the revive timer to be that long as I wanted to test the automagic medics in previous builds.  Just never got around to reducing it.  

Thanks for the fix.

• Like 1

Some of the AI when they go to hide, they get suck in houses especially the 2 story office building. And ya we noticed that, would  there be anyway to kick/remove them from the group management window? Cause when we get to the city they all split up and running around to dismiss them got annoying.

does it get better or worse with vcomai enabled ?

Ive noticed the ai are thick and sometimes more hassle than they are worth.

The problem is the starting area unfortunately.  The 2 storey buildings there are really bad for getting stuck, and the little shed thing is also a nightmare.

• Like 1

The problem is the starting area unfortunately.  The 2 storey buildings there are really bad for getting stuck, and the little shed thing is also a nightmare.

Until I think of a better location.

Starting point moved, hopefully should ease things.

• Like 1

Bare bones files, nothing added useful if someone whats to make there own version.

Focus on the following files :

CORE / MODULES / CACHESCRIPT / FN / cacheFn.sqf

CORE / MODULES / CACHESCRIPT / FN / Fn.sqf

These 2 files will let you decide on items are used for the itel and cache item, also what buildings the items will spawn in.

At the moment the only enterable buildings listed are the ones used in Tanoa + Taki + Zarg

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7f7inkZ9lkac0dZdnB3ZWVQd0U?usp=sharing

I wanted to say I am really impressed with this mission!  Very easy on frame rates and no major issues running on the server for several days in a row.  Very elegant base solution with the Virtual Vehicle Spawners and the Virtual Arsenal.  Coming from other MP missions like Evolution where the lag results in regular server reboots, the simplistic approach to the base design is commendable.  This being our first time with the mission we are thoroughly enjoying it and it is quickly becoming our favorite game type. 

We have played this only with a small group of friends and we have had a blast (pun intended)!  I am using the CUP version and of course I edited it to include some of my POOK vehicles like the Pandurs.  :)

A few questions/observations:

1.  FOG.  Could you give me a breakdown on how to disable the fog?  Apparently Tanoa fog is VERY thick and we wish to disable it.  I was looking at the commented lines in the description.ext but I don't want to break something...  is it a simple matter of adding those lines or must I edit other scripts?  We all have pretty good systems and like to enjoy longer view distances :)

2.  MHQ Icons.  I have read the thread.  There was one mention of MHQ icons although we did not see these in-game.  Were those removed?

3.  Enemy Vehicle lists.  Since I am adding my plethora of OPFOR/IND vehicles to the mission, I am wondering if there is an easy way to add them to the enemy vehicle spawn list.  For example if we wanted the mission to spawn some of my enemy BRDM's instead of the A3 "technical" trucks... I assume there is a spawn list that can be edited?

4.  Cache Scripts.  I saw these scripts errors of the cache scripts in the RPT.  This only happened a few times.  We only collected one cache intel last night, which did NOT coincide with the RPT errors.  I happened to have showscripterrors running and saw these when we cleared an area and no intel was found:

20:36:20 Error in expression <while{(getMarkerPos format["%1intel%2",_cache,_i]select 0) != 0}do{_i=_i + 1;}>
20:36:20   Error position: <_cache,_i]select 0) != 0}do{_i=_i + 1;}>
20:36:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: _cache
20:36:20 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Tanoa\core\modules\cacheScript\fn\cacheFn.sqf, line 86

20:36:20 Error in expression <"_mkr","_range","_intelRadius"];_cache=cache;_intelRadius=1500;_i=0;while{(g>
20:36:20   Error position: <cache;_intelRadius=1500;_i=0;while{(g>
20:36:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: cache
20:36:20 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Tanoa\core\modules\cacheScript\fn\cacheFn.sqf, line 83

20:36:20 Error in expression < createIntel;call pickedUpIntel;_cache=cache;if(isNil "_cache")exitWith{hint >
20:36:20   Error position: <cache;if(isNil "_cache")exitWith{hint >
20:36:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: cache
20:36:20 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Tanoa\core\modules\cacheScript\fn\cacheFn.sqf, line 75

5.  Other scripts:  Saw this one only once:

20:20:26 Error in expression <deo_done";};};if ((isDedicated) or (video_done)) exitWith {};[] spawn {>
20:20:26   Error position: <video_done)) exitWith {};[] spawn {>
20:20:26   Error Undefined variable in expression: video_done
20:20:26 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Tanoa\Scripts\intro_music.sqf, line 15

And finally there seems to be a group icon color change error... while these are A3 scripts I wonder if they are being passed incorrect data?  There were MANY of these in the RPT:

22:59:31 Error in expression <i" from 0 to _fadetime step _delay do {_grpIconColor set [0,(_grpIconColor sele>
22:59:31   Error position: <_grpIconColor set [0,(_grpIconColor sele>
22:59:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: _grpiconcolor
22:59:31 File A3\modules_f\marta\data\scripts\fnc_effect.sqf, line 35

22:59:32 Error in expression <_difR = ((_grpIconColorEnd select 0) - (_grpIconColor select 0)) * _step;_difG >
22:59:32   Error position: <_grpIconColor select 0)) * _step;_difG >
22:59:32   Error Undefined variable in expression: _grpiconcolor
22:59:32 File A3\modules_f\marta\data\scripts\fnc_effect.sqf, line 29
  • Like 1

Any chance of putting this onto your googledrive mate ?

uploaded to drive

• Like 1

Sorry for my English.

I have the error...

Error in expression <Shed_04_F"];

_buildings=nearestObjects[_center,_cacheHouses,_radius];

_buildin>
17:14:19   Error position: <_center,_cacheHouses,_radius];

_buildin>
17:14:19   Error Undefined variable in expression: _center
17:14:19 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\core\modules\cacheScript\fn\fn.sqf, line 197
17:14:19 Error in expression <IS_fnc_selectRandom;
_cityPos=markerPos _cacheTown;
_cityRadA=markerSize _cacheT>
17:14:19   Error position: <_cacheTown;
_cityRadA=markerSize _cacheT>
17:14:19   Error Undefined variable in expression: _cachetown
17:14:19 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\core\modules\cacheScript\cache.sqf, line 78

fn.sqf, line 197

_buildings=nearestObjects[_center,_cacheHouses,_radius];

cache.sqf, line 78

_cityPos=markerPos _cacheTown;

My Mods is only  @CBA_A3