J0K3R 5

Insurgency - Tanoa

It takes a bit of time for the mission to fully load, did you see a hint popup in the top right saying "Finished loading mission......"

Another check is if you try to recruit ai at the HQ, it doesnt work until the mission is fully loaded.

https://youtu.be/tves4X_3RXc

i saw the hint and it came up as soon as i joined the server but rejoining has fixed the issue. Thanks anyways.

• Like 1

Few little tweaks done to the params and general tidy up of code.

I'll go ahead and report some bugs I've found while playing the mission since I've had a blast this far.

I am not able to select saved loadouts.

Enemies leave the grids and I have to chase them to wherever they ran to clear the grid, dont know if this is a feature but it wasn't like this in the A2 version.

Intel doesn't seem to be dropped or spawned which is weird.

Also, reviving is strange since im left in a sort of unconcious state after being revived where i cant move unless i take up my bipod first which doesn't always work.

Otherwise it's tons of fun, big plus!

• Like 1

Thankyou for the feed back, will look into it.

Enemies leave the grids and I have to chase them to wherever they ran to clear the grid, dont know if this is a feature but it wasn't like this in the A2 version.

Im  not sure on this, but I think the ai has been tweaked and its acting different.

They seem to flank, cover and run more.

The dropped intel by the enemy looks like this:

Land_File1_F.jpg

But I will change it in the next update, as it too easy to loose in the long grass.

Save + Load your custom load outs.

Is it possible for the intel to glow (or better, make a sound) ?  I run Insurgency with Robalo's amazing ASR_AI and it plays very well.

• Like 1

Is it possible for the intel to glow (or better, make a sound) ?  I run Insurgency with Robalo's amazing ASR_AI and it plays very well.

New version uploaded for your pleasure.

The dropped intel item has been changed to stand out a bit more, to make life a bit easier.

New params added.

Some code tweaks.

The new intel item is:

Land_SatellitePhone_F.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the update but it seems to be breaking some parts. Now enemies seem to be constantly spawning even when grids are cleared and they seem to be moving towards the base, I died and respawned at base and was greeted by ~10 greenfor standing with guns ready, it was not pleasent. :) (maybe just adding some AI with stationary machineguns could solve this issue)

Also, it seems like the intel is just not dropping, I've set the intel drop rate to 70% and after clearing grid after grid i still haven't found a single briefcase.

Also, adding a hint about what the mission is at start might be helpful for new players, I think the old sample mission for the Alive mod was great at this (http://alivemod.com/missions).

Also, the loadouts aren't selectible from the respawn menu since I often spawn on a tent I've placed since I dont know how to deploy an mhq so I keep having to use the default loadout. :P

And could you maybe add a parameter to change the enemy skill level since it seems to be incredibly high for some ragheads in a jungle.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update but it seems to be breaking some parts. Now enemies seem to be constantly spawning even when grids are cleared and they seem to be moving towards the base, I died and respawned at base and was greeted by ~10 greenfor standing with guns ready, it was not pleasent. :) (maybe just adding some AI with stationary machineguns could solve this issue)

Also, it seems like the intel is just not dropping, I've set the intel drop rate to 70% and after clearing grid after grid i still haven't found a single briefcase.

Also, adding a hint about what the mission is at start might be helpful for new players, I think the old sample mission for the Alive mod was great at this (http://alivemod.com/missions).

Also, the loadouts aren't selectible from the respawn menu since I often spawn on a tent I've placed since I dont know how to deploy an mhq so I keep having to use the default loadout. :P

And could you maybe add a parameter to change the enemy skill level since it seems to be incredibly high for some ragheads in a jungle.

NEW VERSION UPLOADED FOR YOUR PLEASURE.

As usual please report any problems

* Running the game in debug, seems to show intel spawn working, will look into it more

* The ai problem should be fixed now.

* The saved gear problem should be fixed now, look at pic below. You now have the option to save loadout and you will respawn with that loadout.

* Getting a proper brief is on the list, hopefully in the small hours tonight I can get one done.

2znx4rm.jpg

• Like 2

Ok, when launching the mission through the editor then everything seems to be working, Intel is dropping (although still the small paper one, im using the light version) and caches are spawning (although one cache spawned inside the base but whatever) but the problems start to come when running on a dedicated server where neither caches or intel seems to be spawning.

And allowing admins to limit the # of caches would probably be a great idea too! :)

• Like 1

Latest version uploaded links on first post

* new cache count param added

* new briefing added on how to play mission

* confirmed intel spawning

• Like 2

Im thinking of adding the script version of VCOMAI to this mission, whats peoples thought on this.

Ive tried it myself for a few hours today and got to say very impressed with it added.

Better AI would be great but the pictures you took, are they taken from the editor or from a hosted session since I've tried hosting from my own PC and two dedicated servers and the intel doesn't seem to be spawning on either one of them. You can try joining yourself @ 139.59.148.110:2302

Better AI would be great but the pictures you took, are they taken from the editor or from a hosted session since I've tried hosting from my own PC and two dedicated servers and the intel doesn't seem to be spawning on either one of them. You can try joining yourself @ 139.59.148.110:2302

hosted session - Ive got a 2nd pc that I use as a server and connect to that to test the missions.

What happened in the pic / game, I stumbled across a hidden cache then the ai poured of the building.

Killed them and intel spawned.

Then today I came across another hidden cache ( different session) but no intel from the dead ai.

• Like 1

hosted session - Ive got a 2nd pc that I use as a server and connect to that to test the missions.

What happened in the pic / game, I stumbled across a hidden cache then the ai poured of the building.

Killed them and intel spawned.

Then today I came across another hidden cache ( different session) but no intel from the dead ai.

Yeah, intel aint spawning and enemies just keep pouring making it near impossible to even clear the first city without using mortars, kinda ruins it since finishing the mission is impossible but killing people is fun! And a hosted session isn't the same thing as a dedicated unless i misunderstood what you meant with hosted.

Are you using the latest version, that I uploaded lastnight ?

Caches aint blowing up..  Tried many times with many different explosives even satchels.

Now thats strange, Ive not had problems here.

Will double check it again for you.

Satchel Charge + Demo Charge can only destroy caches

on steam workshop details on first post

Will be playing this today. Thanks again. Have you thought of also keeping some AI inside buildings and not moving out? Perhaps a sprinkling of IEDs would also be cool...they are insurgents after all .

• Like 1

Will be playing this today. Thanks again. Have you thought of also keeping some AI inside buildings and not moving out? Perhaps a sprinkling of IEDs would also be cool...they are insurgents after all .

Not sure what version your running, as of late lastnight I fired up a newer version with IED's added.

Also now on steam workshop, to save the hassle for everyone constantly updating when steam can do it for you.

Though the latest version will always be here first, as feedback is important to move this mission forward.

Random IED's script has been added, also Ive been caught out with one of the Rebels that place mines at door ways.

With the VCOMAI script added the AI move around a lot, sometimes you have to chase them.

I just have to ask, did you get permission to redistrubute the xlib modules that you have used in your mission since I can't find any credits.

• Like 1

I just have to ask, did you get permission to redistrubute the xlib modules that you have used in your mission since I can't find any credits.

Yes got X39 blessing for using his code.

Ive apologised to him for not giving proper credit and fixed it on this thread and on my mission.