mandaloin

Mission Complete Says I Cheated

I'm creating a simple mission where once BLUFOR is outside of a trigger area the mission is a success. I followed this to a tee: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139513-tutorial-how-to-use-the-task-modules/?p=2266593

The trigger is set to Type: None, Activation: BLUFOR, Activation Type: Not Present.

Under Attributes->General I have Type of Ending (Win) set to endDefault and Condition (Win) set to ((["END1"] call BIS_fnc_taskState)=="Succeeded")

The tasks work, except during the debriefing it's telling me I skipped the mission using a cheat.

I've searched through Google and the forums with no luck. Any ideas?

Are you on devbranch?

Seems to be something new in the tasks overhaul,

didn't play too much with it so can't give any hints yet.

Cheers

endDefault is the "You have cheated" ending. Ask BIS why this is not called "cheatedEnding" or something recognizeable.

Unfortunately I cannot give all the endings proper names, since for some endings they are defined by BIS and for others they are not. Again...that's BIS fault for writing configs sloppily.

• Like 3

Are you on devbranch?

Seems to be something new in the tasks overhaul,

didn't play too much with it so can't give any hints yet.

Cheers

Nope, I'm on stable right now. Not even the Apex preview.

endDefault is the "You have cheated" ending. Ask BIS why this is not called "cheatedEnding" or something recognizeable.

Unfortunately I cannot give all the endings proper names, since for some endings they are defined by BIS and for others they are not. Again...that's BIS fault for writing configs sloppily.

Huh, that's odd. So what can I do to get a proper ending?

Nope, I'm on stable right now. Not even the Apex preview.

Huh, that's odd. So what can I do to get a proper ending?

Select a different one. I assume you use 3den Enhanced.

• Like 1

Not to hijack the thread but I use 3den enhanced and I get the you cheated message for a mission fail state. The mission is set to fail if a hostage gets killed. This is on stable too.

I used the method and steps you linked in post #349 in your thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188312-3den-enhanced/page-18

So this is a BIS issue?

Not to hijack the thread but I use 3den enhanced and I get the you cheated message for a mission fail state. The mission is set to fail if a hostage gets killed. This is on stable too.

I used the method and steps you linked in post #349 in your thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188312-3den-enhanced/page-18

So this is a BIS issue?

What ending type did you use?

Yep, I'm using Eden Enhanced. Oh, and you're the author too. Awesome mod, can't imagine life without it.

I can pick different ones but none of them have a message I want. Is there a way to get it to display a custom message using my current method or do I need to resort to triggers like in this vid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsecdlh_c3s

Put this in your description.ext (create if you don't have one yet):

class CfgDebriefing
{
	class End_custom_1
	{
		title = "Mission finished.";
		subtitle = "You finished this mission!";
		description = "This was a success!";
		//pictureBackground = "loadscreen.paa";		//include a .paa in your mission to have a specific background
		pictureColor[] = {0.0,0.3,0.6,1};
	};

class End_custom_2
	{
		title = "Mission finished.";
		subtitle = "You finished this mission.";
		description = "This was a success, though slightly different from the other outcome.";
		//pictureBackground = "loadscreen.paa";
	};

class fail
	{
		title = "Mission failed.";
		subtitle = "You lost.";
		description = "This was not a succes.";
		//pictureBackground = "loadscreen.paa";
	};
};

Voilá, you have your custom endings.

• Like 1

End_custom_1, End_custom_2 and fail should then show up in the combobox.

Nah, only the title will show up - or at least it has done that so far.

#edit: Or do you mean the combobox in the editor? Then yeah.

What I normally do myself for my various missions that may or may not have multiple endings I put them in the description.ext like this:

class CfgDebriefing
{  
	class End1
	{
		title = "Mission Completed";
		subtitle = "";
		description = "Assaulting the prison convoy was a success, we were able to rescue some of our fellow men who have been locked away for some time... we even rescued someone who wasn't part of NATO or FIA.";
		pictureBackground = "";
	};
	class End2
	{
		title = "Mission Failed";
		subtitle = "Prisoners were killed";
		description = "Mission failed, the prisoners were all killed in the crossfire between the FIA and the AAF/CSAT forces.";
		pictureBackground = "";
	};
};

Then what I normally do now is when it is time for the mission to end (successfully or a failure) I normally call a script and in that script I always put this:

"End1" call BIS_fnc_endMission;

When the above is called, it will then go with what is added in the description.ext

I've been making missions like this in both the 2d and the eden editor and so far it hasn't failed me yet.

Thank you both so much for your help. Worked beautifully.

Then what I normally do now is when it is time for the mission to end (successfully or a failure) I normally call a script and in that script I always put this:

"End1" call BIS_fnc_endMission;

When the above is called, it will then go with what is added in the description.ext

I usually use spawns with a waitUntil {sleep 1; CONDITION}; to determine if the players have done something. If they've finally finished the last task, I'd end the mission like this:

waitUntil {sleep 1; _taskVariable == 99};
["End2",true,8] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_endMission",0];

That's a bit more elegant (you can define if it's a win- or fail-state and have a nice fade-out of 8 seconds) and secure, since BIS_fnc_endMission is not transmitted in MP. With the remoteExec you can make sure that it's executed on server only - that will finish the mission for all clients.

That's a bit more elegant (you can define if it's a win- or fail-state and have a nice fade-out of 8 seconds) and secure, since BIS_fnc_endMission is not transmitted in MP. With the remoteExec you can make sure that it's executed on server only - that will finish the mission for all clients.

Oh really? So clients wouldn't see a mission complete message calling BIS_fnc_endMission from a trigger placed in the editor that's saved to the mission.sqm? What would they see then?

I'm using

"end1" call BIS_fnc_endMission;
Would it need to be
"end1" remoteExec BIS_fnc_endMission;
To work for both SP'ers and MP'ers?

Either will work as an editor placed trigger is present on all clients so when it activates every client (and server) will run the end mission function.

However remoteExec takes an array as it's right side argument, so it would have to be:

"end1" remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_endMission"];
  • Like 1