Foxone

We want the openable ramp on the VTOL's back!

Do we what the openable ramp on the VTOL's back  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the openable ramp on the VTOL's back?

Why:

- Why was this removed in the first place?????

- Being able to open the ramp adds immersion to the game, which is to my knowledge something BI is still going for

Seriously BI, why did you guys remove this, i get that there is no fancy loading animation (and i know why not), but that doesnt mean a feature should simply be removed for no good reason.

So i hope you guys could atleast explain this.

• Like 6

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Deleting a vehicle transporting another vehicle in the Eden Editor may cause a crash

Relax..........

Relax..........

It still doesn't make sense, as that has something to do inside the Eden editor, not in the actual scenario,

• Like 1

Relax..........

That's totally unrelated, right?

Upvoted.

in the choppers you are able to open and close the ramp,  this is a clearly temporary solution to avoid the CTD to the users. 

​there isn't no one sense to remove this feature, you have to wait the devs that solve this problem

Relax..........

I've experienced this crash lots of times. It's completely unrelated to ramp.

I've experienced this crash lots of times. It's completely unrelated to ramp.the

the Vtol ramp has some problems regarding material, in facts you are able to walk through  maybe the script had conflicts

Would be nice if the open ramp animation was implemented into the loading sequence, or become a requirement.

Ideally, would be nice if you could still drive the vehicle in directly to secure it, and leave a simplified loading function for the AI.

• Like 14

Would be nice if the open ramp animation was implemented into the loading sequence, or become a requirement.

Ideally, would be nice if you could still drive the vehicle in directly to secure it, and leave a simplified loading function for the AI.

i totally agree

This, so much. However aren't there issues with roadway (stuff you can walk/drive on) lods inside vehicles? Or was that only for pathway (AI wayfinding) lods?

• Like 1

the Vtol ramp has some problems regarding material, in facts you are able to walk through  maybe the script had conflicts

that the same with green for helicopter ramp you can walk through it 

If cannot drive up the ramp, ramp should not be opened, or else there will be a million crash events of people slamming cars into the VTOL trying to drive in.

Better to leave it closed with animate command to open when appropriate

• Like 1

Why:

- Why was this removed in the first place?????

Because they want, simple as this.

You dont know if this is  a removal for a bug, or a new feature or else.

Instead make a useless post - because right now the devs are working finising the APEX release - I suggest use your common sense and ask this in the case this feature will be removed in the final release.

Leave the dev finish her work and after of that make the proper questions.

Do you think it's related ?

... some features are yet to be enabled (e.g. Vehicle-in-Vehicle Transport and secondary weapon muzzle deployment), glitches are being addressed, etc....

Source : SITREP #00160

• Like 1

You dont know if this is  a removal for a bug, or a new feature or else.

Leave the dev finish her work and after of that make the proper questions.

Actually we do know:

- ramps will be disabled on transport vehicle variants and you will load vehicles through them - similar to crew which is also embarking through closed doors

- we've experimented with animations for loading and unloading vehicles, but couldn't produce anything reasonable - it looked bad and led to another pile of issues

It's been removed because the devs couldn't make it look good in the time they have left.

We're not asking to be able to drive up the ramp or have the ramp part of the ViV system at all.  We just want them to leave the action to drop down the non-substantial ramp as it was.  No extra work for them, no extra features, just leave things they way they were.

The community has been able to make doors and ramps and ViV work and I'm sure we will again.  All we want is for them to reenable this visual only feature please.

Also these feedback threads are exactly the time and place for questions and requests like this, not after the fact.

• Like 2

Actually we do know:

Yes, you know:

... some features are yet to be enabled (e.g. Vehicle-in-Vehicle Transport and secondary weapon muzzle deployment), glitches are being addressed, etc....

Source : SITREP #00160

Leave the devs make his work instead open a new thread for every minor change.

Right now there's a ton of changes inside the APEX release, much of this changes will be more important than a ramp inside a vehicle - bug squashing by example - .

It's been removed because the devs couldn't make it look good in the time they have left.

Who say this? you? and who are you? a dev or a forum poster?

This, so much. However aren't there issues with roadway (stuff you can walk/drive on) lods inside vehicles? Or was that only for pathway (AI wayfinding) lods?

Good point, actually.

Yes there are several issues with roadway LODs in vehicles unfortunately.

I think one of the reasons they also avoided that was not to suggest that riding on moving vehicles was possible or worked on, knowing how things sometimes go in the community they probably played it safe and cut interiors altogether. :P

• Like 2

Personally i would like to have the Animation back, sometimes it's only a little immersion when you land a Helicopter and open the Ramp to gave the signal, you can load in or get in. What i don't want is, to have several Addons or Scripts which bring back the disabled Animations.

• Like 3

Voted yes, but I can't help think that one of the modders of this talented community will find a way to still have a sweet ViV transport system by actually driving it.

Let the people who don't know of the issue figure it out themselves, they'll do it once and never again. It's a shame you couldn't implement something more immersive but it's no reason to remove said immersion completely !

I liked opening the ramp before dropping kinetic bombs vehicles for paradrops. I was even working on that one stratagy where you touch the runway and release the cargo without slowing down and I think it just wouldn't look as cool with the ramp closed. Sure it's a little thing that doesn't really effect gameplay, but it's a cool little thing that doesn't effect gameplay.

i'm 50-50 on this ... on one hand it makes it obvious that there is no full feature for driving inside without the feature -> no more bitching about wrong physics

On the other hand it just looks cooler when flying at altitude (or barely above) with open ramp before you drop the vehicle. The open ramp also lets you gauge as to where you would have to place the vehicle in order to get the load option.

• Like 3

i'm 50-50 on this ... on one hand it makes it obvious that there is no full feature for driving inside without the feature -> no more bitching about wrong physics

On the other hand it just looks cooler when flying at altitude (or barely above) with open ramp before you drop the vehicle. The open ramp also lets you gauge as to where you would have to place the vehicle in order to get the load option.

Same here - when it comes to functionality vs. immersion I am pretty pragmatic and prefer functionality to be resolved first. Immersion things like opening doors or ramps on vehicles technically is just fluff that can cause other issues. It's a shame that we can't actually load vehicles nicely and immersive, but I still prefer that to randomly exploding airplanes.

This for me is the most reasonable solution.

• Like 1

Ramps should work like:

- If it's open people or vehicle can board it. Also you can unload/paradrop then when in the air

- If it's closed you can't get in/load/unload people or vehicle. People can get in from side doors.

• Like 7