aluc4rd

Vehicle in Vehicle Transport Feedback

There is something seriously wrong with the Blackfish and Xi'an Vehicle transport on SERVER side. I put both of them in Wasteland and neither one will show Load In  whenever I pull a vehicle up behind each one of them. But if I go into the editor and edit the same mission file I have no problems whatsever. Its not wasteland because they don't disable any Arma 3 Action menu from showing up such as from the repair trucks and ammo trucks. Now from the same mission file in the editor I have no problem but once I put it on a server it does NOT work...

Its not wasteland because they don't disable any Arma 3 Action menu from showing up such as from the repair trucks and ammo trucks.

You still should check it out without any mods first. Sometimes there are unexpected effects that you couldn't know/didn't realize. In theory a sound mod can f*ck up a visual zoom mod.

I found a minor, but rather odd-looking bug. The transport vehicle doesn't seem to occlude the lights of a transported vehicle. If the transported vehicle is manned (it usually is), the result is that its lights shine through the hull on night missions. Should be easily resolved by forcing the transported vehicle lights to off.

Any progress made on making the Huron, Taru, and Mohawk VVT compatible?

I did some theory testing.  I found you really can't fit a lot in there. Even if you gutted the interior for maximum cargo space. Most you can squeeze in is ATV's. With a bit of extra modeling you might be able to justify some of the fast attack vehicles. HOWEVER, out of context of seeing some use. I think several of those variants would make great VVT/Infantry hybrid transports. It would be pretty nice to have a few ATV's inside why still being able to transport a full complement of troops. 

Overall though, aside from brainstorming. I would be interested on news of this as well.

• Like 2

I did some theory testing.  I found you really can't fit a lot in there. Even if you gutted the interior for maximum cargo space. Most you can squeeze in is ATV's. With a bit of extra modeling you might be able to justify some of the fast attack vehicles. HOWEVER, out of context of seeing some use. I think several of those variants would make great VVT/Infantry hybrid transports. It would be pretty nice to have a few ATV's inside why still being able to transport a full complement of troops. 

Overall though, aside from brainstorming. I would be interested on news of this as well.

The Taru could get its "interior" logic point set under its attaching grapple thingy right in the middle, instead of using ropes and letting all of that nice space between the landing gears go to waste.

Interesting testing. I almost felt the same having looked at them quickly, but i still felt the Huron could at least get on LSV in there with modification to the interior model. Though, even with that being a possible no-go, i'm still interested in other means of VVT, like wise, trucks, ATV's, Boats, or small cars, LSV's in  the back of HEMTT's or Zamak's/Tempest, so on so fourth.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2016 at 0:17 PM, aluc4rd said:

(in future some existing official vehicles could be tweaked for this functionality, but probably after APEX)

So are others vehicle getting some love soon?

It would be great to be able to load some ammobox and stuff using this feature on the offroad, transport truck, transport helicopter and so on.

People could make the config for the object they want to load but we need the vehicle to get some model tweak first !

Is there any chance to see the VIV rendering fixed?

This is how a loaded vehicle appears in a landing craft:

72DSD5x.jpg

• Like 5

On 20/6/2016 at 11:27 AM, aluc4rd said:

Oh, my bad. I'm afraid only one cargo space per transport vehicle is possible. :( We already have some ideas how to expand this feature post Apex, but no promises for now.

Hi @aluc4rd

Are there some news on this? I think you guys expanding this feature will bring community a nice in-built feature for community created content. Right now this feature do the job for A3 vanilla vehicles but as soon as you try to mod a non-vanilla vehicle which isn't a simple straight line/cube then it starts decreasing its potential.

The only differences between this in-built engine feature and some script I can do using attachto/user actions is that yours work well with AI and that's the reason I'm waiting for this feature to be extended, because AI behaviour using ViV (mine Its only for humans).

I want to put some ViV magic into a ship like the @Chairborne one. But I simply can't because at this moment only one Cargo space is allowed.
I thinking on something like this:

Spoiler

class VehicleTransport
{
	class Carrier_front
	{
		cargoBayDimensions[]        = {"Cargo_limit_front_1", "Cargo_limit_front_2"};
		disableHeightLimit          = 1;
		maxLoadMass                 = 200000;
		cargoAlignment[]            = {"front", "left"};
		cargoSpacing[]              = {0.3, 0.3, 0.3};
		exits[]                     = {"Cargo_exit_front_1"};
		unloadingInterval           = 2;
		loadingDistance             = 10;
		loadingAngle                = 60;
		parachuteClassDefault       = B_Parachute_02_F;
		parachuteHeightLimitDefault = 50;
	};
	class Carrier_back
	{
		cargoBayDimensions[]        = {"Cargo_limit_back_1", "Cargo_limit_back_2"};
		exits[]                     = {"Cargo_exit_back_1"};
	};
};

• Like 1

On 10/2/2017 at 9:06 PM, Mickyleitor said:

Hi @aluc4rd

Are there some news on this? I think you guys expanding this feature will bring community a nice in-built feature for community created content. Right now this feature do the job for A3 vanilla vehicles but as soon as you try to mod a non-vanilla vehicle which isn't a simple straight line/cube then it starts decreasing its potential.

The only differences between this in-built engine feature and some script I can do using attachto/user actions is that yours work well with AI and that's the reason I'm waiting for this feature to be extended, because AI behaviour using ViV (mine Its only for humans).

I want to put some ViV magic into a ship like the @Chairborne one. But I simply can't because at this moment only one Cargo space is allowed.
I thinking on something like this:

Reveal hidden contents

class VehicleTransport
{
	class Carrier_front
	{
		cargoBayDimensions[]        = {"Cargo_limit_front_1", "Cargo_limit_front_2"};
		exits[]                     = {"Cargo_exit_front_1"};
	};
	class Carrier_back
	{
		cargoBayDimensions[]        = {"Cargo_limit_back_1", "Cargo_limit_back_2"};
		exits[]                     = {"Cargo_exit_back_1"};
	};
};

Ehm... bump (?) @aluc4rd
Any developer could hopefully answer this?

• Like 1

BIS,

How can we get this to work with the vanilla BIS supply drop module.

I would love to use the supply drop module as a vehicle drop module.

The Blackfish and plenty of mods could use a vanilla system for this.

Thanks,

Reed

To any developer...

for the vehicle in vehicle transport...

Two suggestions

First) Do you plan to add multiple csrgo spaces in one vehicle???

Second) Would it be possible to link an animation state in the vehicle with the cargo space so other vehicles can only be loaded/unloaded when that animation state has a certain value???

thanks

Any plans to add the ability to load crates? Seems like a logical step forward..

1 hour ago, bravo93 said:

Any plans to add the ability to load crates? Seems like a logical step forward..

Crates are loadable, but requires some scripting since there's no vanilla UI for it (yet).

51AE228ED76D6908FE7F0891C90548F1A59BF191

• Like 1

For the developers

I know it has been commented many times but....

Could it be possible to link an animation that makes a loop tied to a "vehicle is being loaded/unloaded" eventhandler so whenever a vehicle is loaded/unloaded in another vehicle a certain animation is played?

It would certainly improve a lot the inmersion an it wouldn't be resource intensive.

I asked this before but would it be possible for vehicles to at least be loaded facing the ramp ie backwards in the case of the blackfish so it at least looks like when they are unloaded they have driven off as they would in real life - so they can come out guns blazing if need be.

Is possibie to use mounting logic from this feature for add this ability to other vehicles (when it will have defined cargo areas like it is in carrier class for example [point1,point2,exitpoint,activationarea], needed is only logic for box in box positioning cargo in cargo space),

I already done some version of mounting scripts for vehicle in vehicle  vanilla system but for other obects with no cargo space defined inside model this is moredifficult - so if any BIS_function for positioning cargo inside vehicle is possibile to use it wil be very usefull for extend this feature for other objects.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2793292686

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 1

Bug of returnig state of cargo possibility when cargo is attached to any object or transporter already so for example if I have :

_ship canVehicleCargo _cargo returning  [true,true];

but after:

_cargo attachto [_ship,[,0,0,0]];

and then use

_ship canVehicleCargo _cargo; it returning [false,false]; 

even when i detach the cargo before load to,  command of loading to cargot is like that (why it shows [true,true] in this case?):

why it is act like that?

another problem is staying animations and sounds of heli after attach it to ship class object and turn off engine  (even stop simulation not cancel animation of blades, only stop sounds), any solution?

On 2/2/2023 at 7:39 PM, h4wek said:

Bug of returnig state of cargo possibility when cargo is attached to any object or transporter already so for example if I have :

_ship canVehicleCargo _cargo returning  [true,true];

but after:

_cargo attachto [_ship,[,0,0,0]];

and then use

_ship canVehicleCargo _cargo; it returning [false,false]; 

even when i detach the cargo before load to,  command of loading to cargot is like that (why it shows [true,true] in this case?):

why it is act like that?

another problem is staying animations and sounds of heli after attach it to ship class object and turn off engine  (even stop simulation not cancel animation of blades, only stop sounds), any solution?

what, the ship is configured for vehicle cargo??

On 2/22/2023 at 8:18 AM, fn_Quiksilver said:

what, the ship is configured for vehicle cargo??

My version of liberty fregate : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2320090143

and FREEDOM carrier will have it too https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2328832058

But probably those addons will be banned like working buldozer or working shovel and harvester  instead of improve them and add to vanilla  long time ago instead of targets for 7 anniversary of arma3 :) or even as dlc - I would buy it faster than silly  carts , (great EULA rules).

• Like 1