aluc4rd

Vehicle in Vehicle Transport Feedback

In the VIV wiki page, a blufor parachute class is used in the templates, does that mean that parachutes need to be faction specific for each class?

Like, if i have an Mi-8 for NATO, and another for CSAT, do i have to make two separate VehicleTransport classes using each the proper faction specific parachute (B_Parachute_02_F / O_Parachute_02_F)?

Yes, if you want to use different parachutes in different transport vehicles, you have to configure it separately for each vehicle.  Also, as stated in documentation, same parameter used in transported vehicle class will override value in transport vehicle, so you should be able, for example, to drop tanks on two parachutes (you will need special model for this) and other vehicles on normal parachute.   

Also, are there new animation sources for vehicle in vehicle? I noticed that the Prowler dampers are retracted when it's loaded, other vehicles don't behave like this:

Yeah, there are these two:

1. vehicleTransporting 0 when the vehicle is not transporting any vehicle, 1 when it is.
  2. vehicleTransported 0 when the vehicle is not being transported, 1 when the vehicle is being transported in another vehicle.

Rendering for loaded vehicles is still messed up:

http://imgur.com/a/iX1sl

Is this going to be addressed or should we just roll with it?

Possible to reproduce with Arma 3 vehicles? I'm afraid we don't have capacities to solve all issues related to community content. :( 

• Like 2

Possible to reproduce with Arma 3 vehicles? I'm afraid we don't have capacities to solve all issues related to community content. :(

This cannot be reproduced using Arma 3 vehicles as there are no Vehicle-in-vehicle capable transports in Arma 3 that have both cargo AND passengers in the same part of the vehicle.

If my understanding of ViV is correct you guys have implemented an engine-based attachTo functionality to allow loading of vehicles?

If this is correct than the same issue Chairbourne has highlighted will occur in any community based vehicle in which the passengers/crew of a vehicle can see into the cargo space used to carry vehicles.

The easiest way for you to reproduce this would be to (internally in studio of course) allow the Passenger variant of the Xian/Blackfish to load a vehicle.  Then mount the cargo bay as a passenger and look around.

I hope that makes sense?

• Like 1

This cannot be reproduced using Arma 3 vehicles as there are no Vehicle-in-vehicle capable transports in Arma 3 that have both cargo AND passengers in the same part of the vehicle.

If my understanding of ViV is correct you guys have implemented an engine-based attachTo functionality to allow loading of vehicles?

If this is correct than the same issue Chairbourne has highlighted will occur in any community based vehicle in which the passengers/crew of a vehicle can see into the cargo space used to carry vehicles.

The easiest way for you to reproduce this would be to (internally in studio of course) allow the Passenger variant of the Xian/Blackfish to load a vehicle.  Then mount the cargo bay as a passenger and look around.

I hope that makes sense?

They're going to have to fix it regardless since if they add it to their Chinook from the Heli DLC then you're going to suffer the same problem, and that will definitely get brought up down the track. 

They're going to have to fix it regardless since if they add it to their Chinook from the Heli DLC then you're going to suffer the same problem, and that will definitely get brought up down the track. 

Not necessarily, they could simply strip all internal seating from the Huron and leave just the 2 pilots.

Yes, if you want to use different parachutes in different transport vehicles, you have to configure it separately for each vehicle.  Also, as stated in documentation, same parameter used in transported vehicle class will override value in transport vehicle, so you should be able, for example, to drop tanks on two parachutes (you will need special model for this) and other vehicles on normal parachute.  

My question was, is there any difference between using "B_Parachute_02_F" and "O_Parachute_02_F"/"I_Parachute_02_F", or is it the same? As in, do i HAVE to assign an opfor parachute to an opfor vehicle, or using a blufor parachute is inconsequential anyway?

My question was, is there any difference between using "B_Parachute_02_F" and "O_Parachute_02_F"/"I_Parachute_02_F", or is it the same? As in, do i HAVE to assign an opfor parachute to an opfor vehicle, or using a blufor parachute is inconsequential anyway?

The texture differs, NATO is a lighter green one :icon_twisted: Other than that, they should behave the same.

• Like 2

Not necessarily, they could simply strip all internal seating from the Huron and leave just the 2 pilots.

Point being the pilot can still see down the back of the Chinook anyway. So if it stuffs up for the pilot then they'd need to fix it

Assuming, of course, that they don't simply model a door to block the pilots from seeing the cargo space. It wouldn't be the first time BI did something like that...

• Like 1

There's not Arma 3 vehicle to reproduce this, but i know what the problem is. If there's an object in a vehicles model, and there's also a player in one of the vehicles seats, and that player looks at the object, it doesn't render if it's in the the model's range. I believe it's sort of the same exact issue with shell casing a while ago where you fired your weapon and they didn't appear in first person. This is sort of the same issue, except for vehicles.

If you want to reproduce this issue, place a Speedboat down, then place a small ammo crate on the back of it. Get in the driver set and look back at the crate.

Assuming, of course, that they don't simply model a door to block the pilots from seeing the cargo space. It wouldn't be the first time BI did something like that...

what the point of having a vehicle in a vehicle if you can't see the vehicle is in there - may as well use R3F logistics for storing vehicles.- nothing against the mod/script guys @R3F

I would sya if it a genuine error it will be fixed.

what the point of having a vehicle in a vehicle if you can't see the vehicle is in there - may as well use R3F logistics for storing vehicles.- nothing against the mod/script guys @R3F

Still has all the fancy zeus/eden/ai integration, besides in most vehicles that is not a noticeable issue as the cargo bay is not shared with passengers or gunners.

Would be nice if it was fixed though.

• Like 1

Well, for one, you can still see it if you're in the transported vehicle. So it isn't useless. Also, in some cases you can see it through the windows.

Well with my playing about i have a few problems with vehicle in vehicle loading.

• Much like many people before me mentioned you should not be able to load vehicles with the ramp up.
  • Loading vehicles needs an animation (i don't know if Bohemia has one in the works) a good reference would be THIS
  • The ramp on all helicopters, new VTOLS included should be a physical object even if you cant drive vehicles up them players should be able to walk on them.

Well with my playing about i have a few problems with vehicle in vehicle loading.

• Much like many people before me mentioned you should not be able to load vehicles with the ramp up.
  • Loading vehicles needs an animation (i don't know if Bohemia has one in the works) a good reference would be THIS
  • The ramp on all helicopters, new VTOLS included should be a physical object even if you cant drive vehicles up them players should be able to walk on them.

1. Possible

2. Not happening

3. Maybe

I aint no dev but that's pretty much the short answers from other people asking. 

Where are the "Vehicle Get In" and "Vehicle Get Out" waypoints in Eden editor ?

Apex is now release and I still do not see them

Where are the "Vehicle Get In" and "Vehicle Get Out" waypoints in Eden editor ?

Apex is now release and I still do not see them

I still cant find them either :(

Yeah, no dice here, either. Looks like the waypoints are still gone. Another one for the loooong list of issues with Apex that BI has to fix.

Yeah, no dice here, either. Looks like the waypoints are still gone. Another one for the loooong list of issues with Apex that BI has to fix.

Regarding waypoints - we known about that issue but weren't able to fix it properly before launch. :( It is already fixed in our internal version and should appear in editor soonTM. Sorry for the inconvience.   

• Like 3

Appreciated. Good to see things moving forward in that regard.

Feedback regarding ViV:

- Ramps.  Yes I have already read the thread.  When I built the ZUBR import I built the "load" actions with a condition such as "condition= ramp animationphase ==1".  Could not ramps on other vehicles be a simple action menu check like this to enable/disable the menu items?  Such as "open ramp" action, with the Statement = "this animate ['ramp',1]; this enableVehicleCargo true".  Something like:

class RampOpen {
				displayName ="$STR_lowerramp";
				position = "";
				showWindow = 0;
				radius = 30;
				priority = -1;
				shortcut = "";
				onlyForPlayer = 0;
				condition = "player in (crew this) && (this animationPhase 'ramp') == 0";
				statement = "this animate ['ramp', 1]; this enableVehicleCargo true";
			};

Yes there is a visual "jump" between the outside and "fully loaded" vehicle, just like the crew entering/exiting.  I don't think that is a deal breaker, and I agree that the animation sequence for "complete" loading/unloading would be cumbersome and not necessary, and IMO not what the community is seeking.  HOWEVER, that simple loading of the cargo w/ the ramp down is a fairly simple affectation that seems to be "the" sweet spot and apparently *IS* what the community is seeking.

- Bounding Box.  Is there a way to view a bounding box in-game / in-editor, so we can better experiment with placement other than blindly entering values? I'm having a hard time w/ that particular value

• Like 1

The ramp animation is still on the Transport vehicles, you can script it in and use it how you want to still.  The Infantry one still has the built in action on the pilot to lower the ramp.  Confused souls complained that they couldn't drive up the ramp so BIS removed the action for it, but the animations remain thankfully.

Request:

Variable override to block the default behaviour of creating a parachute and attaching the unloaded vehicle to it.

I would like to delay that behaviour and have the parachute appear just above the ground

• Like 2

Request:

Variable override to block the default behaviour of creating a parachute and attaching the unloaded vehicle to it.

I would like to delay that behaviour and have the parachute appear just above the ground

Basically like a vehicle freefall? I get that it would look nice, but is probably not too realistic for the strain on the parachute.

If its possible to delete the initial parachute imediately by script, I would prefer the situation as is, so that normal droppings have automatic default behavior and people who want to play around can do this through script commands.

I hope we'll be able to move ammoboxes onto trucks one day...

• Like 4

I hope we'll be able to move ammoboxes onto trucks one day...

As it turns out, darksidesixofficial demonstrated over a year ago that both the ammoboxes and trucks were already appropriately modeled/configured with PhysX -- although that has its own downside if the ammoboxes aren't secured -- with Zeus filling in for the missing link of the actual moving of the boxes and the loading action.