aluc4rd

Vehicle in Vehicle Transport Feedback

Any chance for scripting commands to be added soon?

Please please include isLaden :)

Would it be possible to change this:

cargoBayDimensions[] = {"VTV_limit_1", "VTV_limit_2"};   // Memory points in model defining cargo space

To support an array of numbers for model position in addition to the memory points eg:

cargoBayDimensions[] = {[x,y,z], [x,y,z]}; 

This would allow people to re config vehicles (with permission) without the creator giving out the p3d files.

Any chance for scripting commands to be added soon?

Please please include isLaden :)

These commands should be already in dev branch:

canVehicleCargo

enableVehicleCargo

getVehicleCargo

isVehicleCargo

setVehicleCargo

vehicleCargoEnabled

Would it be possible to change this:

cargoBayDimensions[] = {"VTV_limit_1", "VTV_limit_2"};   // Memory points in model defining cargo space

To support an array of numbers for model position in addition to the memory points eg:

cargoBayDimensions[] = {[x,y,z], [x,y,z]}; 

This would allow people to re config vehicles (with permission) without the creator giving out the p3d files.

Well, definitely won't be changed for Apex, after release we could probably consider it.

• Like 4

Haven't tried the ViV yet, is it just a simple attachTo action?

Or is the transportation simulated by PhysX?

Cheers

Well, definitely won't be changed for Apex, after release we could probably consider it.

That would be great, it's was really just wishful thinking so thanks for answering.  :D

In the VIV wiki page, a blufor parachute class is used in the templates, does that mean that parachutes need to be faction specific for each class?

Like, if i have an Mi-8 for NATO, and another for CSAT, do i have to make two separate VehicleTransport classes using each the proper faction specific parachute (B_Parachute_02_F / O_Parachute_02_F)?

These commands should be already in dev branch:

setVehicleCargo

What's the opposite of this?  How do we unload via script command? 

What's the opposite of this?  How do we unload via script command? 

Same command should be used, this way:

objnull setVehicleCargo cargo vehicle - will unload specific loaded vehicle

transporting vehicle setVehicleCargo objnul - unload all vehicles

• Like 1

In the VIV wiki page, a blufor parachute class is used in the templates, does that mean that parachutes need to be faction specific for each class?

Like, if i have an Mi-8 for NATO, and another for CSAT, do i have to make two separate VehicleTransport classes using each the proper faction specific parachute (B_Parachute_02_F / O_Parachute_02_F)?

Shameless self-bump. :ph34r:

Also, are there new animation sources for vehicle in vehicle? I noticed that the Prowler dampers are retracted when it's loaded, other vehicles don't behave like this:

http://imgur.com/a/bg50z

Same command should be used, this way:

objnull setVehicleCargo cargo vehicle - will unload specific loaded vehicle

transporting vehicle setVehicleCargo objnul - unload all vehicles

Since I can not log in to the community wiki (could've sworn I had a working account), can someone please add this to the wiki? It's a bit strange to not mention there that the function used to load vehicles is also used to unload them.

Since I can not log in to the community wiki (could've sworn I had a working account), can someone please add this to the wiki? It's a bit strange to not mention there that the function used to load vehicles is also used to unload them.

I've added a note, but somebody with more experience with the sqf template should probably add them as alternative syntax.
  • Like 1

I've added a note, but somebody with more experience with the sqf template should probably add them as alternative syntax.

Thanks, I've checked and I had an account back in 2014 but haven't been active in a long time. Probably deleted because of that. The sign-up page now tells me that I need to have Administrator privileges to create an account. Can't be bothered with it at the moment but I'll find someone to harass about this during the weekend :P

You should be able to use setvehiclecargo command in 2 variants for this:

objnull setvehiclecargo cargo vehicle - for unloading specific loaded vehicle

transporting vehicle setVehicleCargo objnul - for unloading all vehicles

Someone could please explane me how it work this line? I tried every variant but it continues to give me the error "On Activation: Type Bool, expected Nothing"  :wacko:

An example line will be very appreciated  :)

Examples added to the wiki page.

• Like 1

Someone could please explane me how it work this line? I tried every variant but it continues to give me the error "On Activation: Type Bool, expected Nothing"  :wacko:

An example line will be very appreciated  :)

Gotta capture the output:

dunUnloadedJustMahTruck = objNull setvehicleCargo offroad;

dunUnloadedAllMahTrucks = blackfish setvehicleCargo objNull;

• Like 1

Any chance for more than one loading bay ? I'm thinking of the CUP frigate that could load RIHBs on the cranes and a helicopter on the hangar deck

FYI the cargoSpacing array doesn't seem to behave like you would expect, at least for the Y axis.

What happens is that it actually raises the lower bound (or lowers the higher bound) by whatever value you use (default is 0.15), so if you have a vehicle that is 2.5m tall and a cabin that is 2.6m high, your vehicle still won't fit by 5cm.

Are there any plans to add vehicle "transport" versions to Huron and Taru? The latter, in particular, could have a hook under the tail (instead of an enclosed bay) that could fit vehicles up to the size of Marid. This would neatly compensate for the fact you can't carry anything bigger than an LSV in the Xian. Right now, CSAT has a much better combat VTOL (basically Hamok on steroids), but is at the same time completely devoid of rapid armor redeployment capability.

Are there any plans to add vehicle "transport" versions to Huron and Taru? The latter, in particular, could have a hook under the tail (instead of an enclosed bay) that could fit vehicles up to the size of Marid. This would neatly compensate for the fact you can't carry anything bigger than an LSV in the Xian. Right now, CSAT has a much better combat VTOL (basically Hamok on steroids), but is at the same time completely devoid of rapid armor redeployment capability.

It's said to be planned, but it requires work they say, meaning they may have to create a whole new variant of the Huron/Taru to accommodate this feature. For example removing all seats from the model, and making sure there's no longer an option to open ramp.

For Huron, maybe (and Mohawk, I noticed it's big enough to fit an LSV as well), but not for Taru, at least if they were to use my idea of externally mounted vehicles. Indeed, I think that it'd be quite possible to implement it along with the oft-requested "interchangeable pods" for the Taru, it'd just require the ability to initiate the boarding from Taru instead of from the boarding vehicle. That would be an awesome feature in itself, as it'd permit non-vehicle internal cargo to be carried.

Of course, it could also be handled with an enclosed vehicle container, but I think that being able to hook a vehicle up to an "empty" Taru would be a good deal more awesome.

Rendering for loaded vehicles is still messed up:

http://imgur.com/a/iX1sl

Is this going to be addressed or should we just roll with it?

Thanks for confirming my suspicions on how the system works. I guess no mixed cabins which is a shame.