ayavadim

"Zoom fix" for VTN (Veteran) mod

With zoom enabled you will get situations when eye zoom better than optics zoom. It is fine for iron sights and collimators.

So u decided to kill one of the very basic and essential ideas of the modification? And i'm not even mentioning that all ironsights now became more effective than all the collimator and optic sights that have less than 4x zoom.

So u decided to kill one of the very basic and essential ideas of the modification? And i'm not even mentioning that all ironsights now became more effective than all the collimator and optic sights that have less than 4x zoom.

I just decided not to buy an HD screen.

Regarding vanilla ironsights being more effective than some added optics - I'll try to use vanilla optics characteristics in next versions.

• Like 1

I just decided not to buy an HD screen.

Regarding vanilla ironsights being more effective than some added optics - I'll try to use vanilla optics characteristics in next versions.

Well, do u realize that with adding zoom u're ruining the whole idea of VTN's intentions of creating realistic combat situations? Like suppression fire, need to know the location of friendly units in the area and not just zooming in and looking at uniform and etc.

• Like 2

Well, do u realize that with adding zoom u're ruining the whole idea of VTN's intentions of creating realistic combat situations? Like suppression fire, need to know the location of friendly units in the area and not just zooming in and looking at uniform and etc.

Everyone is free to use addons like they want - I don't necessarily play "Halo" when using OPTRE.

You can't force anyone to agree with your original vision, as frustrating as it may be.

• Like 5

Of course I do. I also realize that in real life there are no pixels (they dont matter in games like Battlefield, where firefights usually happen at 50-100 meters) and peering into one dot on the screen doesn't affect eyes well. BIS found a way to compensate such disadvantage of digital technologies. Fixed FOV also creates an effect of tunnel vision.

• Like 2

The problem is - if someone decide to share VTN with the "fix" included - it'll totally ruin the impression of VTN. VTN doesn't have any nice uniforms and equipment or tons of different weapons. It only has a few well-done weapons and vehicles. That's it. And THE MAIN idea of VTN is bringing that feeling of a real firefight when u ACTUALLY can not see an NME (or tell if it's friendly or not) on the distance exeeding 200-300m. Y dont u play any other mods then? RHS for example. RHS has TONS of uniforms which has a great quality, RHS has armored, air and wheeled vehicles, tons of weapons AND it has zoom. Y ruin VTN?

The problem is - if someone decide to share VTN with the "fix" included - it'll totally ruin the impression of VTN. VTN doesn't have any nice uniforms and equipment or tons of different weapons. It only has a few well-done weapons and vehicles. That's it. And THE MAIN idea of VTN is bringing that feeling of a real firefight when u ACTUALLY can not see an NME (or tell if it's friendly or not) on the distance exeeding 200-300m. Y dont u play any other mods then? RHS for example. RHS has TONS of uniforms which has a great quality, RHS has armored, air and wheeled vehicles, tons of weapons AND it has zoom. Y ruin VTN?

Just tried to check it again in editor. EMR and BDU camo. I dont know how you could guess the uniform type even from 300 meters without optics. Without zoom I can spot the enemy in forest if I take a closer look at the screen, but this is unhealthy.

Also some objects on distances over 200-300 m literally disappear on minimal settings. They could be seen only when zoomed up. Yes, the PC specs are only user's problem, I agree.

closerlook.png

closerooo.png

closercqc.png

• Like 3

On the contrary - a lot of people are skipping VTN because of this very feature. Now that there's an external addon, everyone has a choice.

And besides, I find VTN to be complimentary with RHS rather then conflicting assets-vise. 

I mean, not having a customiseable features in a mod is like running a rifle without picatinny rails when everyone else runs 'em.  ;)

• Like 3

I think ayavadim, just gives this mod more % of players, that was skipping this mod for lack of zoom. VTN is great, but using PSO scope is very not usefull, this is why zooming is here.

hey is there an update to this with the recent update to the vtn mod

unable to zoom in 3rd person

thanks

I'm getting back to this. The fix will be updated soon.

To be honest i like VTN mod and now i like it even better. Does it include an aim dot also?

Hey, there are famous APEX error messages on menu everytime i apply mod.

18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.scope'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
18:05:30 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon ItemInfo with scope=private
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.displayName'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.nameSound'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.type'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.picture'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.Library'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.model'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.simulation'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightDuration'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightIntensity'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightDiffuse'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightAmbient'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weaponLockDelay'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weaponLockSystem'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.cmImmunity'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weight'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.lockingTargetSound'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.lockedTargetSound'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.detectRange'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.muzzles'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.scope'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon WeaponSlotsInfo with scope=private
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.displayName'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.nameSound'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.type'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.picture'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.Library'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.model'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.simulation'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.fireLightDuration'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.fireLightIntensity'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.fireLightDiffuse'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.fireLightAmbient'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.weaponLockDelay'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.weaponLockSystem'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.cmImmunity'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.weight'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.lockingTargetSound'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.lockedTargetSound'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.detectRange'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/WeaponSlotsInfo.muzzles'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.scope'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon GunParticles with scope=private
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.displayName'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.nameSound'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.type'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.picture'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.Library'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.model'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.simulation'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightDuration'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightIntensity'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightDiffuse'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightAmbient'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.weaponLockDelay'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.weaponLockSystem'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.cmImmunity'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.weight'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.lockingTargetSound'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.lockedTargetSound'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.detectRange'.
18:05:30 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.muzzles'.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ayavadim , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

The new version gives the error in main menu, since 1.62 update of the game. It about some scopes.