Sign in to follow this  
dyflinn432

Server Issue

So we have set up a dedicated server using TADST on a PC in one of our members houses, the server is join-able by everyone within our community except for the persons whos house its hosted in, he cant find the server on internet or LAN, and cant join through direct control either, the server PC and his own are both on the same IP Address. were fairly new to this an cant for the life of us find the solution, i belive the error is the fact that both PCs are on the same IP Address?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated. 

If both machines have the same IP then yes that is the problem.  The easiest solution would be to change the IP of his client computer.

However I'm thinking he is behind a NAT router and as such the public IP will be the same however behind the router the server and client will have different private IPs (usually 192.168.x.x).  What he needs to do is determine the private IP of the server and connect using that instead of the public IP.  Through a command prompt on the server you can type ipconfig /all which will list all IPs for each network interface.

This should have worked through the LAN option.. if he still can't connect then my guess is firewall rules on the server which are preventing him from connecting over LAN.

If both machines have the same IP then yes that is the problem.  The easiest solution would be to change the IP of his client computer.

However I'm thinking he is behind a NAT router and as such the public IP will be the same however behind the router the server and client will have different private IPs (usually 192.168.x.x).  What he needs to do is determine the private IP of the server and connect using that instead of the public IP.  Through a command prompt on the server you can type ipconfig /all which will list all IPs for each network interface.

This should have worked through the LAN option.. if he still can't connect then my guess is firewall rules on the server which are preventing him from connecting over LAN.

The main problem was that our member was using two routers, and the first one was not bridged properly. We bridged the first router completely gave the server a static internal IP. That seemed to fix our issue he can connect via LAN now, all this goes way over my head tbh, some of the guys in my community manged to work it out after alot of trial and error.

• Like 1