Sign in to follow this  
aetherthedragon

Help Needed - Updating Task Destination

So!

I've got a little bit of a request, and I can't help but feel like it's one of those occassions where the answer is so simple, I just can't find it.

Now I have a task, lets say the task is "Get inside the vehicle", but the player spawns down the street from the vehicle, and I'd like them to walk a particular path, or at least suggest a path to them if they get lost.

So the idea was;

I would Create a task

Synchronize the first destination marker, to the task

I would then create a second destination marker, almost forming 'waypoints'

Now what I thought would work, is if I put a trigger on the first destination marker, synchronize that to the second destination marker, and then synchronize that second destination marker to the create task, therefore in theory, when you activate that trigger, it activates that destination marker, and it overrides all else.

Although this didn't work, and here I am with like 5 tiny-triggers and a bunch of random destination modules.

Would appreciate a method that incorporates the modules, I've thought maybe I could create waypoints but that doesn't feel as clean to me as task destinations.

Thanks for your help

In my opinion waypoints for players (not destinations, but the go here, then here, then here waypoints) are not welcome.  Just tell the player where they need to go and let them find their own way there.  If you want them to walk a certain path either make that a cutscene or physically block off all the other options (which is equally as bad heh).

If you insist on that however you can use the function BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination to move your task destination.  Have just the single destination module at the location of your first trigger. Then have your little triggers in each spot and give them names like yellowBrickRoad_1 through yellowBrickRoad_5 and in each onAct field have:

["whateverTaskName", yellowBrickRoad_2] call BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination;

And then change the _2 to _3 and so on, so each trigger will move the destination to the next trigger location.

Works wonderfully, Cheers for that.

I'm all for freedom too, But considering the player doesn't have a map to start off with I'm not to keen on them getting lost before they have a chance to even start the mission haha.