solzenicyn

Apex Gear Feedback

Please add some sort of footwear onto ALL Civilian characters that wear shorts, it's off putting and unrealistic seeing shoeless dudes running around deserts and jungles with no footwear.

• Like 1

Here's my criticism and feedback of Apex's gear;

• Like 8

A JPC style vest would be more appropriate for the CTRG faction over what they currently have, they currently do not look like SF or anything of the kind.

• Like 1

IMHO there's some low-hanging fruit here BI could add both with Apex and to the core game, by simply adding some colour & camouflage options to items which already exist, with colour swatches which already exist.

It'd really give the community & modders some more toys to play with (and yes I appreciate some of the below is already in-game just hidden/locked).

Requested additions:

Extend TROPIC kit to -

• Survival Fatigues (Tropic)
  • Chest Rig (Tropic)
  • Bandana (Tropic)
  • Cap (US Tropic)
  • Carryall Backpack (Tropic)
  • Kitbag (Tropic)
  • Tactical Backpack (Tropic)

General colour options -

• Carrier Lite (Coyote, No Flag)
  • Carrier Lite (Khaki, No Flag)
  • Carrier Lite (Olive, No Flag)
  • Carrier Lite (MTP)
  • Carrier Rig (Coyote, No Flag)
  • Carrier Rig (Khaki, No Flag)
  • Carrier Rig (Olive, No Flag)
  • Carrier Rig (MTP)
  • Chest Rig (Coyote)
  • Chest Rig (MTP)
  • Raven Vest (Coyote)
  • Raven Vest (Khaki)
  • Raven Vest (Olive)
  • Bergen Backpack (Coyote)
  • Bergen Backpack (Khaki)
  • Bergen Backpack (Olive)
  • Kitbag (Khaki)
  • Kitbag (Olive)
  • Tactical Backpack (Coyote)
  • Tactical Backpack (Khaki)
  • Binoculars (Khaki)
  • Like 4

I just got the new update installed again ... said it need 5.3 GB but when in fact it needs double that to do the installation... grr...

Anyways, testing the Vipers... Love it but it NEEDS an urban warfare version similar to the older "urban" CSAT but that needs to be recolored as well as it sticks out like a sore thumb in either Altis, Stratis, Chernarus or almost any A2/CO ported map.

After switching from the apex sneak preview build to the latest development build. I noticed you guys changed the NATO jungle full-ghillie suit.

To those who didn't notice, to the right is what it used to look like, on the left is the current version.

http://imgur.com/2jChcZK

Its now much darker and closer to overall lightness of the ground. I think most Arma players could live with this, but I would suggest reducing the amount of the dark purple like grey, and add in more green. That way it matches the grass and small foliage, rather than the dirt ground texture. For the heck of it, I made an example, the right is the current version, the left is my quick modification. 

http://imgur.com/umurXLQ

BTW, the CSAT Jungle full ghillie suit is still super bright, just like how the NATO version used to be. Will this get changed as well? 

Why the new infrared/NVD only have one option for thermal? every player has his own choice even predator has it...

• Like 1

I fail to understand how this wasn't noticed while the texture was being worked on:

if3iNB8.png

• Like 4

Shouldnt the thermal goggles also pick up the rifle IR pointer?

Shouldnt the thermal goggles also pick up the rifle IR pointer?

No the beam is infra red, not thermal which works through a different micron band in real life, in my old mil job as an anti tank instructor I seem to recal the TI for MILAN working between the 8-13 micron band mind you, this was over 30 years ago!!

Loving the new viper gear. A tremendous improvement in terms of design over the old CSAT gear. A question however, why was the viper harness configured as a backpack rather than a vest? Also, could we get a black variant of the special purpose suit and compact NVG models? If those already exist ingame through hidden selections, could anyone tell me the codes?

A question however, why was the viper harness configured as a backpack rather than a vest?

I would guess that's because some items like rockets can only be put into a backpack

I just noticed someone complained about the flatness of the CTRG urban texture. In case you forgot, the CTRG British texture is also flat as hell, if having more wear and tear. Personally I can deal with flat textures as long as they're coniststent, which is why I'm still annoyed with the tropic texture. Given that so many people are "providing feedback" about it I'd say they'll probably tweak that before release. I also think viper harness is configured as a backpack to add a more aesthetically pleasing option for divers (by that I mean he looks dope as hell) and allow you to have a badass slash bandolier (i'm convinced its the only reason the jungle hex bandolier exists; also works well with the rangemaster). I don't think the fact it has a backpack component (which provides most of the storage) has aaaaaaanything to do with it :)

Let me start off by saying that I'm immeasurably disappointed by the fact that the devs haven't continued what they started in the Marksman DLC by creating and adding more variants of vests loaded with 6.5mm STANAGs rather than 5.56 STANAGs. Last time I checked, the majority of NATO is still using 6.5, which means it makes no sense to add a tropic variant of the 5.56 carrying plate carriers rather than make those in CTRG and add more plate carriers akin to the grenadier and special purpose plate carrier. It feels really out of place to see soldiers carrying completely different mags than the ones that fit in their rifles, but it also feels really weird to see soldiers actually wearing pauldrons and groin protectors and carrying GL rounds when they're not grenadiers. I really hope to see more 6.5 mag loaded vests in the future.

Another thing I noticed right away that's really out of place is that all the NATO helmets still have that mesh camo pattern covering over them, which is especially weird considering they appear to be hydrodipped in Multicam Tropic rather than spraypainted as the helmets were on Altis. I hope to see this removed from the Tropical helmet variants. Speaking of tropical Multicam, it appears to me that a lot of the Tropical Multicam gear doesn't match at all. Some of it (Such as the heavy plate carrier) seems to be much brighter than most of the other uniform piece choices. The grenadier plate carrier is also noticeably brighter than the uniforms. 

It looks to me like the googles + stealth balaclava head gear option has the goggles higher up on the fact of the soldier. To me, this is much more visually appealing than the standard in-game goggles and I really would like to see Bohemia move the rest of the goggles up. Currently they sit awkwardly low on the soldier's face, but the stealth balaclava goggles are at the perfect height. 

I won't be the first to say this and I doubt I'll be the last, but holy hell do the NATO uniforms overall disappoint. The standard combat shirt + plants combination is really showing it's age, and that's not a good thing. The lack of clothing texture juxtaposed next to well done pieces like the military cap or the assault pack really makes the game look bad. The rolled sleeves of the recon fatigues are particularly terrible for uniforms as they look less like rolled sleeves and more like bunched up sleeves that have had the cuffs bleached. I hope to see Bohemia apply proper clothing textures to these NATO uniforms as well as just redo them overall. I love the way combat shirts and pants look, but I hate how these ones look just because they're so below what Bohemia can do. We know you guys can do better, and if you're going to continue to add high quality gear, consider fixing older gear and giving them the same attention to detail.

Feedback regarding the ENVG and Viper Thermal view:

The FLIR mode seems a little bland, the real ENVG ("AN/PSQ-20") looks like this: http://cdn3.volusion.com/wbkvn.efrmp/v/vspfiles/photos/DSNVG-(PSQ-20)-9.jpg

which is a combination of normal night vision with infrared highlighting of hot objects.

Now, while I assume that it might be hard/impossible to implement the above, some things that can make it more realistic/interesting:

• The ENVG NVG mode has a circular FOV whereas the FLIR mode has a full screen view, it should be cropped to be a circle too(for consistency) or to a square(like the above real life example)
  • Use a different color scheme, instead of black/white, use this spectrum: http://i50.tinypic.com/2wobqls.jpg , or this one: http://i48.tinypic.com/acd25g.jpg
  • Perhaps put more elements to the NVG/FLIR overlay, such as a compass, something saying "NVG/TI/WHOT/BHOT" to indicate the mode, maybe even a rangefinder(or would that be too OP?)

Regarding the new backpacks:

I think they are cool, the viper harnesses are missing an MTP camo, the bergen's textures seem a little low quality/washed out.

I hope they change the field of view of the FLIR as it pretty much nullifies the need to use night vision. There are supposed to be drawbacks to using IR with the new gear and all that, but I really just don't see it working out the way it is now. 

Have you ever worn a large rucksack with helmet and went prone? They force your head into the dirt. So if anything, going prone should be disabled with those large rucksacks, or headmovement should be limited to looking downwards.

I would enjoy seeing something like this implemented. Can't be done in real life, so why can it be done in a sim?

A JPC style vest would be more appropriate for the CTRG faction over what they currently have, they currently do not look like SF or anything of the kind.

I'd like to see this. The JPC is a really nice plate carrier and it would be well in the realm of reality to see a low-profile plate carrier on such a well equipped SF team. That being said, I hope if they add the JPC it won't be JUST the JPC. Would definitely be nice to see a proper battle belt to go with it. 

• Like 3

Sport Cloth (Blue) and Sport Cloth (Orange) : it's possible to see ION/Vrana logo on it, probably coming from Sport Cloth (Beach)

LoD error in the NATO Full Ghillie, tropical:

rednahN.jpg

Hello overlords, once you sort out the current content, could we please get some protective gear for the Gendarmerie. I am thinking of a simple tactical vests with 2-3 pouches on it and a plain Kevlar helmet.

Cheers :)

ENVG-II have full screen TI but only limited NV. Would be awesome if NV could also be full screen.

Additionally, especially from a gameplay perspective, it would be great if the Compact NVGs would have a bigger FOV. That way we would have one set of very modern NVGs/TIGs, more modern NVGs with a bigger FOV and some oldschool NVGs with the default sized FOV.

• Like 3

Medic (Viper) has only 1 First Aid Kit. You can easily add five more.

• Like 1

ENVG-II have full screen TI but only limited NV. Would be awesome if NV could also be full screen.

Additionally, especially from a gameplay perspective, it would be great if the Compact NVGs would have a bigger FOV. That way we would have one set of very modern NVGs/TIGs, more modern NVGs with a bigger FOV and some oldschool NVGs with the default sized FOV.

Yes , also they should look like a Squarish camera view because that's what it is heh

1287069457_kopie--picture21.jpg

atm on dev version both NV and TI got the regular NV overlay which is false

1287133996_images-nv_2.jpg

those new Goggles should not have this overlay

Yes , also they should look like a Squarish camera view because that's what it is heh

1287069457_kopie--picture21.jpg

atm on dev version both NV and TI got the regular NV overlay which is false

1287133996_images-nv_2.jpg

those new Goggles should not have this overlay

Actually it still would have an overlay, but it would be more like two circle or two ovals. So better overall view but not by much. Though one could be argued the view with these mainly the csat helmet would be worse.