solzenicyn

Apex Gear Feedback

French voice #1 is not working

Right corner of CTRG 15 NATO is glitched

zEN8xZM.png

The new backpacks are far too big and clip with players head when prone, especially when wearing helmets

Is it possible the CTRG uniforms to be be reworked? I found them bearable in the Altis setting but for pacific I find them to be quite disgusting... I hate to be that one guy but as British person I find the uniforms to be unappealing and forced to play as the other NATO units or create my own and it's quite disappointing and the vest for them just doesn't match..Can you at least re-texture the CTRG Vests for pacific?

paramilitary vétement (short) has a lod shadow causing artifacts (triangulation / U key?)

The new backpacks are far too big and clip with players head when prone, especially when wearing helmets

Have you ever worn a large rucksack with helmet and went prone? They force your head into the dirt. So if anything, going prone should be disabled with those large rucksacks, or headmovement should be limited to looking downwards.

• Like 2

Maybe a bit more trashing in night vision and water drops with rain. And yes, i am in love with APEX

Could we please get the new CTRG gear in the original grey CTRG camo? And I would love it if people who own the Marksmen DLC could get Tanoan versions of those weapons.

The CTRG units need some attention - they currently look like airsofters without any equipment. Please at least give them radio headsets and their old CTRG vests back (in tropic colours or green) - they shouldn't have the same vests as the Gendarmerie, they're supposed to be l33t ti3r 1 op3rat0rs!

Also I think there should be Light or Heavy (Thermal) options for them (CTRG) - Light should be regular SF clothing for high mobility/ regular SF missions (think t-shirts and baseball/ jungle hats), Heavy - with thermal suits and more kit - for missions against CSAT/ lower mobility.

But they should all have hydration packs or backpacks - it's hot work trekking in the jungle! It just looks wierd without them.

Also, they don't all seem to have sights - surely in c.2035 SF units can afford proper sights?

A medic diver would be great too.

• Like 2

Is it possible the CTRG uniforms to be be reworked? I found them bearable in the Altis setting but for pacific I find them to be quite disgusting... I hate to be that one guy but as British person I find the uniforms to be unappealing and forced to play as the other NATO units or create my own and it's quite disappointing and the vest for them just doesn't match..Can you at least re-texture the CTRG Vests for pacific?

I fully agree - I think CTRG gear is the weakest area of the expansion. I personally don't like the overall look of them, with the helmet and whatnot, but that's subjective so I won't bitch about that here. But for the faction that is, presumably, the focus of the campaign, I think the quality of their gear is lacking, especially compared to the quite excellent Viper units.

In Arma 3, the CTRG units were a relatively minor part of the campaign, so I could understand that they wore a retextured version of the NATO uniform. But now that they're more prominent, I would have expected them to have their own uniform model, particularly since it's supposed to be a different, 'stealth' variant. Not to mention that the NATO uniform was probably one of the very first things made for the game, and it's really showing its age now, particularly if compared to the AAF uniforms, for example. However, it might not have been such an issue if the retexture was high quality. But it just isn't that good-looking. If I'm not mistaken, the actual camo pattern itself hasn't been altered in any way - it just looks like the texture has been recoloured and had the triangular stealth tile things added to it. I was also quite disappointed to find that they didn't even get their own vests. Just the old Tac vest that is also looking rather dated now (maybe they've got a new vest in the works, who knows). Also, the uniform and vest combo makes them look like helicopter pilots. That's all I can think of when I look at them.

NATO & CSAT tropical uniforms: As someone else noted, the pattern on the NATO gear looks like it's just painted on, with no fabric effect. The CSAT camo is okay, no difference in texture quality from the original hex, so not much to say there. I guess the retextures can be viewed as extras so I don't want to complain too much about those.

The Viper guys are great and I was pleased to discover that we got normal hex variants of their gear as well, which is appreciated. Are the hex variants of the new CSAT NVGs going to be default for regular CSAT? I really like those.

P.S. I think CTRG should carry the khaki SPAR by default. It's a little weird that everyone else is using camo weapons except them.

The CTRG is supposed to be a special force unit, right ? Hard to believe that they just have to get around with standard gear.

This pocket on the tropic BLUFOR plate carrier is still coloured in the Altis MultiCam pattern.

20160614154043_1sku7q.jpg

Don't bother. That's an easter egg.

Please at least give them radio headsets and their old CTRG vests back (in tropic colours or green)

If they're not going to get their own vest, doing a good quality retexture of the original NATO/CTRG vests makes sense, particularly the Mk2 Rig since it has 556 mags on it. This would be the first time in three years that vest would actually look right on a BLUFOR unit.

The pacific Recon Marksmen have no suppressors on their rifles. Also no Pathfinder or Sharpshooter. 

There are no pacific Sharpshooters or Heavy Gunners

CSAT pacific autorifleman (400) and the Syndikat Guard (1200) have a different amount of ammunition on them than the other autoriflemen (600).

Editing a Viper unit's loadout via 3den arsenal causes the contents of it's harness to double.

Critique:

There's not really any point to the Stealth Combat Helmet when you can just put on Stealth Balaclava, especially as it has less coverage than the balaclava. 

Request:

CTRG variants of the NATO heavy and GL vests.

Advertise the Stealth Combat Helmet as a combat helmet with face coverage, and make it available in the same colour schemes as the other NATO helmets.

Can we get No Flag variants of the base CTRG Uniform and the NATO Uniforms?

Also, is there a stealth uniform in the base CTRG Camo planned? Because CSAT currently gets Hex and Green Hex versions for their stealth uniform.

The LMG SPAR variation cant take regular STANAG mags, you could switch around the 30 and 100 variation for the MX weapons though Wrong thread sorry

Hello,

although i have pre-prdered apex, i will wait until release to test it myself. Therefore my feedback is from watching youtube-videos only;)

I think the concept of thermal camo is interesting, but at the moment i'm sceptical if current FLIR-tech in arma is good enough to have more gameplay mechanics built around it. In vanilla arma (single-player and coop for me, but pvp should be the same), i never use thermal iamging, because it makes spotting enemies nearly game-breaking easy, because enemies stand out so much against the terrain and the flir is also very sharp in the distance.

if you design new gameplay mechanics (thermal stealth), you should first try to improve the flir, so that it is more realistic and therefore better balanced for gameplay in vanilla. (more dynamics in terrain and units standing out less - more distance blur etc.)

concerning the new thermal camo - from the video i saw, it appeared that the ctrg thermal camo worked too well. soldiers wearing the camo had exactly the same brightness as the terrain. i think you should think about making the camo a little bit less effectiv. if you also make the FLIR a little bit less effectiv (as mentioned above), soldiers with thermal stealth would still be very hard to spot.

short: make FLIR a little bit less effectiv and make thermal camo a little bit less effectiv.

i think this could make for some great gameplay!

*edit*

and congratulations on the apex reveal. tanoa and the assets look great. personally i dislike the csat vtol-gunship, not because it s too futuristic, but because i think the design is not very belivable. but i'm very excited about all the other stuff. i'm just hoping you can get the FLIR balanced better and can provide some authentic and balanced gamepaly mechanics with the thermal camo. :)

• Like 2

Related to what twistking said, the implementation of the thermal goggles has been really well done. They obviously adjust to the ambient environment, so when holding a rifle that you have just fired (and to a lesser) extent a pistol up in front of them washes the thermal goggles out and makes them much less effective. This adds some really nice gameplay choices, wandering around with your rifle up and unable to see, or risking having your rifle lowered, as well as switching between a handgun and primary to let weapons cool really adds some depth. It also stops the thermal goggles being ridiculously overpowered. Good work BI!

Many people have been complaining in the general feedback/speculation thread of the relatively flat textures on the NATO, CTRG Urban, Gendarmerie uniforms as well as the tropical backpack, how they lack a fabric over-layer. Comparing it to the MTP uniform and MTP Polo, I must agree and recommend this to be tweaked; it's not up to the quality of A3 Vanilla in that regard. Additionally some people don't seem to like the new green hex, apparently it's too "pixelly," though it's probably a problem on their end; they look the same quality and finish as regular CSAT brown fatigues to my eyes on very high.

• Like 1

One thing that weirds me out right now on a physics level is the perfect stealth of the CTRG stealth uniforms compared to the CSAT TCCU (Thermal Camouflage Combat Uniform). Either it has no thermal map, or it is always at ambient temperature/neutral temperature.

However, there's a couple of problems here, some gameplay wise, some model wise and some physics wise. I've not tested them enough to say things for certain about gameplay, since I am also not a multiplayer person, but the model and physics problems are completely breaking immersion for me so I'll talk about those instead for now.

The CSAT TCCU is a very highly engineered suit that has a camouflage oversmock and a thermal management sleeve underneath, with a massive heatsink at the back. It should provide highest levels of thermal camouflage, yet it has a very, very clear thermal signature that is equal in strength to the other uniforms.

The CTRG Stealth uniform on the other hand is the same cut as the standard nato uniform (ie a retex) yet has much better performance than the TCCU.

http://imgur.com/a/7NBEJ

On the basis of physics, the thermal signatures should be the other way around if anything. Without some kind of heatsink, the CTRG operators would be boiled in their suits if their thermal signature is as low as it is, because it would need to get bottled inside. Either that, or the uniform magically lowers their bodytemperature inside-out to ambient. It's simple conservation of energy, the heat has to be/go somewhere.

My suggestion is to either model some sort of plug system onto the CTRG uniform and add a heatsink (maybe mounted in a PALS pouch like a hydration pack or butt pack), or use the CSAT Uniform with NATO style knee and elbow protectors as the basis. Last alternative, give the CTRG uniform a realistic thermal signature. Heat is merciless, and if you do not get rid of it, it kills you. Imagine being in that uniform, in the jungle, sweating like a pig, but it does not let one single photon of the heat that you radiate go, and instead just traps it on your skin. Slowly, you overheat, without even exerting yourself. It is uncomfortable.

Another thing I noticed is that the texture of the CTRG stealth is incomplete, the pockets on the left side do not have the filament pattern structure on the surface.

Hope to see some change here.

Cheers

Insta

• Like 3