solzenicyn

Apex Gear Feedback

To make things slightly more organized here, this thread serves as a place to collect feedback for the new Apex gear.

Please share your thoughts and issues found while using our new gear available with the Apex Expansion.

Thank you!

• Like 3

Vanilla content was criticized for being too futuristic. With Apex, I think that critique is even more relevant than with vanilla content. Of course, that doesn't apply to all the content (AK's etc...), but it does apply to a large chunk of it.

Also, while you are doing AK's, why no AKS-74? All the normal size AK's are 7.62 and only the 74U is 5.45 :( I would like to see some normal size AK's chambered for 5.45mm.

I dig the CTRG dazzle camo; it blends in with the jungle very well. On Altis/Stratis it felt out of place... 

Not sure this is apex related but its on Tanoa.

Invisible flippers with shadows:

dwVGTmp.jpg

Unless I am blind, I dont see any backpacks or vests with the new CTRG camo?.

The Raven harness/vest  will be possible to have with tropical camo? in the vannilla Bis never has repainted the back textures

there is a tropical version for the assassin helmet but the shadow error is still there please BIS fix it!

lOQH2tHg8ZgIVDIMpuIfn6a5WBCz_dtPM-YKH04E

Unless I am blind, I dont see any backpacks or vests with the new CTRG camo?.

There aren't any, I just checked the teaser trailer once more and the CTRG units were using the good ol' chest rig.

There aren't any, I just checked the teaser trailer once more and the CTRG units were using the good ol' chest rig.

That is a shame, we should maybe have some added into game then?.

For the love of God, please change something about the Protectors iron sights, you can barely use them:

1D0Hmks.jpg

Get rid of the rail while you don't have a sight and place the thumb parallel to the barrel

DfMWqC3.jpg

The M249 can take any bipod but it doesn't show on the model:

oovw3J3.jpg

Not sure if this is the right place but it would be nice if in the ingame arsenal it showed the respective DLC icon next to DLC gear, similar to how it is done in the eden editor

For the love of God, please change something about the Protectors iron sights, you can barely use them:

Get rid of the rail while you don't have a sight and place the thumb parallel to the barrel

The M249 can take any bipod but it doesn't show on the model:

Take a look here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191637-apex-weapon-feedback/

Not sure if this is the right place but it would be nice if in the ingame arsenal it showed the respective DLC icon next to DLC gear, similar to how it is done in the eden editor

It shows the icon for me.

Guest ti0n3r

Bug; As a Viper Operative I am unable to acess my hand grenades and smoke grenades even though they are in my inventory. (not sure where to post this)

• Like 1

edit: moved to correct topic. 

They're on the way... ^_^

a3_apex_release_tkon.jpg

Nvg's with the name in "-II"

Press N->swith to first night vision mode, nvg lowered

Press N->switch to second night vision mode, nvg RAISED

Here´s some feedback/thoughts :) :

- Could CSAT have one uniform without scales and add a hex boonie? Basic retexture of ordinary uniform would suffice. Would add flexibility in using CSAT in different scenarios.

- Maybe add a few more long pants civilian uniforms? -> To again accommodate different scenarios in different terrains/weather.

- Some civilians are missing shoes (will specify later)

• Like 5

- Some civilians are missing shoes (will specify later)

Pretty sure that's intentional.

• Like 1

pls add more jungle camo for the other guns like AK-12 or Cyrus 9.3 and Navid 9.3...

Noticed an issue with textures on the syndikat uniforms but this issue is present also on some AAF/FIA uniforms that share the same model. The textures seems to be done for the AAF officer version of the BDU jacket wich has angled flap ends, but the model used is the CSAT officer version with the downward pointing flap ends. It is not a major issue but it take away a little from the immersion. This error is present on "Guerilla uniform", "Paramilitary Garb (Jacket)", "Syndikat uniform".

There is another error with the "Syndikat uniform" where the flaps of the trousers pockets are sticking trought the jacket.

I like the Syndikat camo, could it be possible to add some more hats or a boonie hat in that camo at some point? I kinda feel the former(?) tanoan army (wich I presume is the source of that uniform) could be a thing to expand a little in the future, maybe with some low tech stuff to make them different from the other factions.

Feedback regarding the ENVG and Viper Thermal view:

The FLIR mode seems a little bland, the real ENVG ("AN/PSQ-20") looks like this: http://cdn3.volusion.com/wbkvn.efrmp/v/vspfiles/photos/DSNVG-(PSQ-20)-9.jpg

which is a combination of normal night vision with infrared highlighting of hot objects.

Now, while I assume that it might be hard/impossible to implement the above, some things that can make it more realistic/interesting:

• The ENVG NVG mode has a circular FOV whereas the FLIR mode has a full screen view, it should be cropped to be a circle too(for consistency) or to a square(like the above real life example)
  • Use a different color scheme, instead of black/white, use this spectrum: http://i50.tinypic.com/2wobqls.jpg , or this one: http://i48.tinypic.com/acd25g.jpg
  • Perhaps put more elements to the NVG/FLIR overlay, such as a compass, something saying "NVG/TI/WHOT/BHOT" to indicate the mode, maybe even a rangefinder(or would that be too OP?)

Regarding the new backpacks:

I think they are cool, the viper harnesses are missing an MTP camo, the bergen's textures seem a little low quality/washed out.

• Like 7

This pocket on the tropic BLUFOR plate carrier is still coloured in the Altis MultiCam pattern.

20160614154043_1sku7q.jpg