solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

The LIM-85: Grippod shouldn't have the bipod extended by default, and should have an animation (similar to the RHS grippod or SMA grippod)

or even better, allow us to switch between a bipod or grippod (as with some RHS rifles)

RPG-7: Must have zeroing

I think some Apex weapons should have a 3GL, perhaps a 3GL variant for the Type 115 (instead of a .50 cal barrel), and maybe a 3GL variant of the SPAR-16?

Also, not really feedback but I was really hoping there would be more MP5 variants besides an MP-5K. For example a MP5A4/A5 (solid or retractable stock), perhaps an SD variant.

when you hit the AK-12 with a shot, it emitts dirt (and blocks the shot)

AK-12's bolt snaps shut when reloading after firing all rounds.

• Like 1

Most weapons should be capable of that though. Most car engines have been made of aluminium blocks for decades now. It's a very soft material compared to what bullet cores are made of. Most small arms should cut through them like a hot knife through butter.

utter nonsense, and totally inaccurate, have you ever tried immobilizing a speeding car with a shot to the engine block? I've seen cars shot with 5-6 rounds of belt fed ammo, and they don't stop dead in their tracks either, most rounds are mangled on impact, and do superficial damage at best, and as soon as they enter through the body of the car, the kinetic energy is already began to slow down, unless they're AP, or API rounds.

"Most rounds should cut through them like hot butter" ....... only in Holywood, only in Holywood, or unless your engine is nothing but a shell, with zero internal components, or built for purpose AP/API rounds.

• Like 5

From today's Devbranch changelog: 

• Added: Hex and Green Hex variants of CAR-95, CAR-95 GL, and CAR-95-1

Will there also be Hex and Green Hex Katibas?

• Like 1

I like how the thermal image of weapons changes when from black to bright white when shooting, very neat feature. However, it seems that the underbarrel attachment also becomes hot.

Edit: The 50.cal barrel of the Type 115 has no muzzle flash.

Hi there, Im sure some might have already said something about this, but I love the SPAR-16, but something bugs me really bad, when you are reloading the SPAR-16, when you put the magazine in, the magazine has no bullets in it. I just think that's rather annoying the fact that there are no bullets in a magazine that you are putting in a gun even though its a fully loaded magazine. I'm speaking visually speaking also, just incase some of you might be thinking that I'm putting loaded magazines in the gun, but its not showing bullets in the ammo counter, no just visually speaking. Also just would like to say this "Why don't we have shotguns????" There are so many buildings on Tanoa, why don't we have a shotgun to go about house clearing?

Here are some glitches with weapon animations, or more precisely the holding animations.

Screenshot 2: Not necessarily a bug, but I don't think that's  how one is supposed to hold this weapon. Guess this could cause severe burns on the index finger.

http://imgur.com/a/Wz3vv

• Like 1

ERCOs/RCOs' reticles seem drawn directly on their scope lens,
which may be a disadvantage to ARCOs/MRCO's "floating" reticles
especially for tracking short range or fast targets.

• Like 2

Stocks on SPAR-16 and its squad variant are too short.

xazHWoL.jpg

Also, SPAR-16S should accept standard 30rd STANAG mags, not only the drum ones. And vice versa, I guess. If there's a 150rnd 5.56 mag, it should be accepted by every 5.56 weapon that uses standard STANAGs.

• Like 2

Also, SPAR-16S should accept standard 30rd STANAG mags, not only the drum ones. And vice versa, I guess. If there's a 150rnd 5.56 mag, it should be accepted by every 5.56 weapon that uses standard STANAGs.

Not going to happen, because the magazine is — unfortunately — part of the weapon model. So if you were to allow 30rnd magazines in its config, you would still see a drum mag in the model. It's an engine thing that needs to change, but as I understand it, needs considerable inertia to happen.

• Like 2

The AK-12 iron sight cams are set up wrong. The UGL front and rear iron sights are not aligned (the tip of the front sight still appears to be the firing point, but having the rear sight dropped way below it is confusing) and the camera for the gun's sights is way too close to the rear blade. Usually you're just trying to put the front sight blade between the two rear sight blades, rather than hug up so close to the receiver that you can see the whole front sight assembly clearly through the gap of the rear sight blade.

I have otherwise found the new weapons to be pretty good. I thought the over/under 6.5mm/.50 was going to be silly but in the jungle it's handy to have a .50 to blast at that guy behind the huge tree, so I ended up liking that one, too. All of the ones I've heard so far have sounded a lot more "right" to my brain comparing for memories at the range than the original release, as well.

Can't seem to find any Tanoa variants of the CSAT Statics, assume they're to follow?

+1 for the Marksman weapon skins, the CSAT Navid MMG has no suitable variant.

BIS, I love everything you've been doing.  But for the love of god, please, please please! add some new sound love to the silenced weapons.  The rest of the weapon sound improvements have been great.  This is the only piece missing.  I thank you in advance for considering.

• Like 1

I just found out something where I'm not quite sure if that is intentional: apparently you can not use the new khaki bipod with all standard and Marksman DLC weapons. Just wanted to point that one out.

Game is almost 3 years old, various DLCs and first Expansion released,

still no shotguns.

Cheers

• Like 1

Type 115 with it's underbarrel 50 Beowulf kills people in one hit, which doesn't right. Considering for this gun it seems to be using a special purpose bullet one that is pure armor piercing. Which is why it is so effective at piercing engine blocks thus breaking them internally and "tires" (though most likely not the rubber but the shaft). And if you don't know armor piercing ammo is really bad at killing people, it just over penetrates and doesn't properly transfer it's energy. Now maybe CSAT is using something on par to the custom realm, thus getting some mix of a armor piercing round with a hollow point. Problem with that is anti flesh rounds are not allowed in war due to the Geneva convention, but this is a special forces weapon so give is allowed. But if they are following the rules this is at best just 500 or larger grain bullet with a sizable tungsten or if they don't give a **** depleted uranium perpetrator that is treated with nickle or another low fiction material then encased in lead then giving it's copper or nickle jacket. Also note the bullet shape is of a pistol design, thus for this to work properly they'll have to reshape it to be a proper rifle cone bullet. This means they now need a denser material to maintain weight or more of it.

In the end this round most likely is a low velocity bullet (and note slower then normal 50 Beowulf because of it's barrel length), a pure heavy armor piercing bullet which most likely is made entirely of tungsten (which gives it low killing potential but good it'll wreck you car capability), and if this round had anti flesh capability it would be breaking the Geneva convention. Now i will say this, even though the round would be bad at killing compared to normal rifle rounds. If you are wearing high end armor the bullet should do more damage to you. Similar to why pistol armor you should never wear in rifle fights. Because you're now providing more or possibly enough resistance to the bullet for it to properly transfer it's energy into you. Now like with most bullets in most gun fights, it most likely still wouldn't kill you in the first hit unless you're unlucky. instead it would most likely knock you down and severely injure you, which sadly we don't have in normal arma. But survivable if not hit in a vital same as it goes with nearly every bullet, but you'll be injured anywhere from I lost a finger to my arm is barely hanging on.

*additional info, note this round is also smaller then normal 50 bmg rounds which can range from 640-800 grain. Well 50 Beowulf seems to just top out at 600 grain well averaging around 400. Also the round seems to no exceed 1900 ft/s which means it's not a long range round, due to it's high drag and slow speed. This has to be corrected since right now you can shoot with the under barrel Beowulf ammo out to 1000 yards which ease. And once again it shouldn't be hitting as hard as the normal 50 cal rounds in game, due to it's AP design and also it's comparable energy values to 7.62.

Does anyone else think the SPAR-16 is too heavy? It is the same weight as the Type 115, and that has an extra gun on the bottom! It's by far the heaviest 5.56mm rifle and is even heavier than the MX. From a balancing perspective, I see no reason anyone would use this over a lighter and more powerful MX or a lighter but just as powerful TRG-20 or Mk20.

Type 115 with it's underbarrel 50 Beowulf kills people in one hit, which doesn't right. Considering for this gun it seems to be using a special purpose bullet one that is pure armor piercing. Which is why it is so effective at piercing engine blocks thus breaking them internally and "tires" (though most likely not the rubber but the shaft). And if you don't know armor piercing ammo is really bad at killing people, it just over penetrates and doesn't properly transfer it's energy. Now maybe CSAT is using something on par to the custom realm, thus getting some mix of a armor piercing round with a hollow point. Problem with that is anti flesh rounds are not allowed in war due to the Geneva convention, but this is a special forces weapon so give is allowed. But if they are following the rules this is at best just 500 or larger grain bullet with a sizable tungsten or if they don't give a **** depleted uranium perpetrator that is treated with nickle or another low fiction material then encased in lead then giving it's copper or nickle jacket. Also note the bullet shape is of a pistol design, thus for this to work properly they'll have to reshape it to be a proper rifle cone bullet. This means they now need a denser material to maintain weight or more of it.

In the end this round most likely is a low velocity bullet (and note slower then normal 50 Beowulf because of it's barrel length), a pure heavy armor piercing bullet which most likely is made entirely of tungsten (which gives it low killing potential but good it'll wreck you car capability), and if this round had anti flesh capability it would be breaking the Geneva convention. Now i will say this, even though the round would be bad at killing compared to normal rifle rounds. If you are wearing high end armor the bullet should do more damage to you. Similar to why pistol armor you should never wear in rifle fights. Because you're now providing more or possibly enough resistance to the bullet for it to properly transfer it's energy into you. Now like with most bullets in most gun fights, it most likely still wouldn't kill you in the first hit unless you're unlucky. instead it would most likely knock you down and severely injure you, which sadly we don't have in normal arma. But survivable if not hit in a vital same as it goes with nearly every bullet, but you'll be injured anywhere from I lost a finger to my arm is barely hanging on.

*additional info, note this round is also smaller then normal 50 bmg rounds which can range from 640-800 grain. Well 50 Beowulf seems to just top out at 600 grain well averaging around 400. Also the round seems to no exceed 1900 ft/s which means it's not a long range round, due to it's high drag and slow speed. This has to be corrected since right now you can shoot with the under barrel Beowulf ammo out to 1000 yards which ease. And once again it shouldn't be hitting as hard as the normal 50 cal rounds in game, due to it's AP design and also it's comparable energy values to 7.62.

if you get hit with a .50 cal round,chances are it will kill you, whether it's an API or ANTI Material round,  if it hits you in the leg, chances are it will take your leg off, you will bleed out from the massive trauma if no tourniquet is applied within 9 seconds, same for any other limb.

The kinetic energy from a 12.7mm round hitting you bang in the chest would also probably break all your ribs, and possibly cause a flailing chest wound, where the ribs around the impact area all come loose, and again, without immediate medical assistance, chances are you will die.

it doesn't matter if the round is smaller, it's the penetration/kinetic energy and diameter which will do the damage.

• Like 1

it doesn't matter if the round is smaller, it's the penetration/kinetic energy and diameter which will do the damage.

Actually I think the current science tells us that KE, in the ranges delivered by small arms, doesn't itself reliably "wound" - it's the permanent cavity that stops a target, not the temporary cavity caused by the KE transferring. So while a larger caliber is potentially better, you might get better "stopping power" from a smaller round that expands better than a larger round that over-penetrates. Then again, without sufficient penetration you might not defeat their armour in the first place. I'm by no means an expert, but I think even at 12.7mm over-penetration could still result in a non-fatal wound. I've no data to back that up though.

Also, I think you may be confusing .50 Beowulf (the ammo for the type 115, 12.7x42) with full sized rounds like the Lynx uses (12.7x108). The .50 BW according to wiki, has an initial velocity of 570m/s from a 16" barrel. The type 115 under barrel is quite a bit shorter than that. To be honest I think the current config for the .50 BW in arma is just placeholder - it's way more powerful and accurate than it should be. While it needs a initSpeed nerf it shouldn't go into subsonic ranges, which is good because then the ASP-1 Kir would have no reason to exist. Luckily ammo config changes are easy. IMO it should be configured for a full AP type round, so high penetration, but lower base damage (smaller diameter penetrator), since its role is to punch through hard cover and disable vehicles. For everything else, there's 6.5mm.

• Like 2

This makes me very uncomfortable. please, no one would hold it like that
4359f4dfc2.jpg

• Like 7

SPAR 16S sight is pixelised, might need a little stroke :)

iZhFnFK.jpg

M320 LOD issue :

54iC3qo.jpg

The AKMs and AKS are a fine thing. But I suppose a RPK or some kind of fitting LMG or MMG would be a great thing. Otherwise you'd always have to mix loadouts with 'classical' Apex AKMs and 'modern' vanilla MMGs and LMGs. That's a bit crude.

• Like 4