solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

In the launcher, open the drop-down menu next to the "play" button and select "play without mods". :) That's exactly what it's for.

Yes..I am aware of that thanks ;) I meant i did not want to have to reactivate each mod one by one and test until I found which one gave the visible laser.

Anyway-to end this offtopic discussion ,it was VME's PLA mod that has the fancy lasers.

When are BiS going to update the weapons config wiki page, with the changes that eliminate the itemInfo error message?

When are BiS going to update the weapons config wiki page, with the changes that eliminate the itemInfo error message?

I have found inheriting from vestItem, headgearItem, uniformItem, and so on instead helps avoiding that message. But then I have to configure all that stuff I've inherited before, like HitpointsProtectionInfo for example, myself which is a bit annoying.

• Like 1

This isn#t directly APEX related but given that weapon mass is being tweaked:

Is the Cyrus supposed to be so heavy? It has 360 mass compared to the 160-220 of most other DMRs.

That makes it heavier than the SPMG .338 and almost as heavy as the Navid.

Can someone please give me the class names for Apex bullets? Like 7,62x39mm, 5,8mm, 5,45mm and if there is more new bullets that are included with Apex. 

the csat heavy machine gun "navid" has only two camo variants, that both look out of place on tanoa.

even if it's no apex content, it would be cool, if we could perhaps get a plain grey/black texture for the navid and other guns, that only have desert-type camo.

• Like 3

I think NATO Pacific should get a MK-200 Khaki in their ammo crates, this weapon fits logistically and thematically with the NATO inventory, with similar ammo and similar Magpul accessories.

CSAT Pacific should get Zafir with jungle camo in their crates to match this.

We are still missing jungle variants of Rahim, Zafir, Navid, Cyrus, MAR-10, SPMG and ASP-1 Kir.

I think the old AK-12 5.45mm model should return as a new weapon which uses 5.45mm magazines. 

I'd like to see a SPAR-16 with 16.5" barrel without drum magazine. 

I'd like to see a CAR-95 carbine variant.

ERCO clips with MK-200 feed tray during reload.

I'd like to see a static M2 HMG for Syndikat and FIA. 

• Like 2

I think NATO Pacific should get a MK-200 Khaki in their ammo crates, this weapon fits logistically and thematically with the NATO inventory, with similar ammo and similar Magpul accessories.

CSAT Pacific should get Zafir with jungle camo in their crates to match this.

We are still missing jungle variants of Rahim, Zafir, Navid, Cyrus, MAR-10, SPMG and ASP-1 Kir.

I think the old AK-12 5.45mm model should return as a new weapon which uses 5.45mm magazines. 

I'd like to see a SPAR-16 with 16.5" barrel without drum magazine. 

I'd like to see a CAR-95 carbine variant.

ERCO clips with MK-200 feed tray during reload.

I'd like to see a static M2 HMG for Syndikat and FIA. 

i agree - that would be nice to have. especially the static m2. i think though that camo variants, that are "neutral" (grey / black etc.) would also help a lot. i don't think, we need a dedicated jungle camo for every single item.

• Like 3

The Spar Support Variant does not support the Standard 30 5.56 Magazine. I feel as though this is incorrect considering the gun takes a standard mag with just 2 drums attached. Would be very useful if we could put Standard 5.56 mags into it. Thanks!

RFar Out! 

76561198120522045.png

• Like 3

i think the engine doesn't support different magazine-types being represented visually and that's the reason it simply won't accept anything but the drum. would probably feel odd, when you load a 30rd. magazine, but the big drum is shown anyway.

with the mx variant light machine gun, it wasn't that big of a problem, because the magazines look decently similar...

*edit* it would be cool though, if it was made possibly to render different magazines on different weapons!

• Like 2

It's been discussed often, DayZ apparently supports this, even. There were indications that it'd not even be that difficult to implement, magazines could use proxies just like attachments. 

• Like 1

It's been discussed often, DayZ apparently supports this, even. There were indications that it'd not even be that difficult to implement, magazines could use proxies just like attachments. 

The major problem here is how you would you then deal with magazine reload animations? Different shaped magazines are usually not held/loaded the same way. For example M249 box mags vs STANAGs. What would define which animation is used? Weapons can't account for each possible magazine. Magazines can't account for each possible weapon. What if the mag is so big it requires holding the weapon differently?

Does DayZ even deal with that or are there only mags in the similar shapes?

Sure, it's just cosmetics, but hey, people have counted rivets in the past.

• Like 1

I find it strange how ERCO got past QA being offcenter with every single weapon? Try putting ERCO on Navid and aim for 1000m target lol

And the clipping issues. Well SPMG reload animation clips with most scopes so it's unsurprising about erco. The quality of weapons is really inconsistent

And I agree. It would be nice if all of the vanilla weapons received a full matte black skin. Navid, Rahim, TRG..., Mk14 comes to mind right now

And I agree. It would be nice if all of the vanilla weapons received a full matte black skin. Navid, Rahim, TRG..., Mk14 comes to mind right now

With emphasis on *matte*. Some of the weapons are so shiny it is really annoying for a military style game. The CAR-95's matte black material looks good. I wish other weapons could look similar (I'm looking at you Ak12 and MX).

• Like 1

I don´t know if it was mentioned before, but what kind of quality is this?

MouXJK0.jpg

i think the engine doesn't support different magazine-types being represented visually and that's the reason it simply won't accept anything but the drum. would probably feel odd, when you load a 30rd. magazine, but the big drum is shown anyway.

with the mx variant light machine gun, it wasn't that big of a problem, because the magazines look decently similar...

*edit* it would be cool though, if it was made possibly to render different magazines on different weapons!

I've always wanted to use a MX100rnd 6.5 mag on the MXM !

The major problem here is how you would you then deal with magazine reload animations? Different shaped magazines are usually not held/loaded the same way. For example M249 box mags vs STANAGs. What would define which animation is used? Weapons can't account for each possible magazine. Magazines can't account for each possible weapon. What if the mag is so big it requires holding the weapon differently?

Does DayZ even deal with that or are there only mags in the similar shapes?

Sure, it's just cosmetics, but hey, people have counted rivets in the past.

That makes sense. I know RHS And other mods support different mags for a weapon for example. The M249 In RHS Supports a MK318 (30 Rnd 5.56 Mag) and a 200 Round belt. 

Actually, the selection of magazines used by any given weapon isn't that big. Two or three, at most. For example, the M249 MG can feed from either belt boxes of varying size or magazines. So let's say one anim for a large box, one for a small box and one for a mag. HK146 can either use STANAG mags of 20 or 30 rounds (one anim) or the high capacity beta-C mag (second anim). A rifle like MX or AK only has similarly shaped mags. None of the weapons I can think of would require more than three reload animations had they been enabled to use proxy magazines. 

Well, there's a much more universal way of doing the different mag reloads.

Split the reload anims.

Have separate "mag out, hand reaches into a load harness for a new mag" and a "grab a mag off the load harness, insert and crank if empty".

In 1st person your hand is out of the way and mag appearance/anim switch is seamless.

In 3rd person it's not that descrete, but then again neither is current way or any other game's way. This would solve all of the problems (including tactical vs dry reload anims)

• Like 2

still a shadow issue on the CMR-76 looks like a misplaced vertice in the shadow LOD

The gas tube on the AKM doesn't heat up, while the gas tube on the AK-12 does.  I'm not terribly familiar with the gas systems for the AK family, but my gut is telling me that one of these has to be wrong.

• Like 1

The gas tube on the AKM doesn't heat up, while the gas tube on the AK-12 does.  I'm not terribly familiar with the gas systems for the AK family, but my gut is telling me that one of these has to be wrong.

The AK-12 is the more proper of the two, but in reality both are wrong because both weapons should have the front end of the receiver as well as the bolt carrier group heat up. Hell, even the handguard heats up after enough rounds.