solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

@Probad

dBWkCWu.jpg

tmgZn2b.jpg

not seeing what you're seeing, if you are thinking these hideous suppressors are off centre? 

• Like 1

@road runner: he used different weapons (Mk-1 and SPAR-16s).

• Like 1

@road runner: he used different weapons (Mk-1 and SPAR-16s).

Yes, indeed the ones he used they're off centre indeed, my apologies, pretty sloppy work then :O

What still botheres me (probably more than it should) is the fact that the LIM / M249 still uses this sped-up DMR sound. It sounds really weird. I originally assumed this was just a placeholder, will it be replaced some time?

• Like 1

i know probably off topic.

Is there away to implement the RHS afg and vfg on the bipond attachment.

Via script or addon??

What still botheres me (probably more than it should) is the fact that the LIM / M249 still uses this sped-up DMR sound. It sounds really weird. I originally assumed this was just a placeholder, will it be replaced some time?

All of these weapons added with Tanoa seem like there have been different audio engineers working on them each trying to push through his own vision of how guns sound (with none of them having an actual clue about that).

The AKM has way too much bass going on, sounds more like a .50cal, same for the Type 115 6.5mm muzzle and for the AKS-74U, doesn't sound like a 5.45mm at all.

The only AK12 is on the right side of things in this regard.

Now the CAR-95 has no punch at all, is that even a rifle? Sounds like a high pass filter at 100Hz, same goes for the SPAR-16 and 17.

The CMR-76 has that weird metal thing going on, haven't heard any rifle sound like that. The Cyrus does something similar but it sounds like it's part of the gun, not some artificially added sample to make the gun sound more interesting, like it's the case with the CMR-76.

The LIM-85 actually sounds the most authentic for me out of all Tanoa weapons, with most of the sounds paling in comparison to the Marksmen DLC weapons (Mk-I EMR my top favorite currently regarding sounds).

Cheers

Yes, I tend to agree. Even though I wouldn't know if something sounds realistic, it's just so obvious with the LIM. It sounds like the Mk-I EMR in full auto. My brain doesn't seem to like that, it's very confusing. And just yesterday I've noticed that the Protector 9mm has much more "punch" in terms of sound than the SPARs. I've had AI firing both simultaneously on the firing range and the Protector was actually dominating the SPAR sound-wise. I'm not sure it should be that way. Certainly feels wrong.

• Like 2

Pistols and SMGs actually make quite a bit more of a racket than long rifles do. A shorter barrel means more unburned propellant and higher exit pressure, making shorter guns sound quite loud. Indeed, the pistol sounds in A3 are completely wrong. A pistol is usually very loud, even a .22 plinker requires ear protection when fired indoors, nevermind a .45ACP. The Protector is very short, but on the other hand, 5.56mm has quite a bit more propellant than 9mm. All in all, the best way to settle it would be to go to a firing range and check (I'd gladly do it, if I had a proper firing range anywhere near me).

The CMR-76's muzzle brake is missing. There is also a shadow rendering bug caused by the missing muzzle brake. Adding a suppressor temporarily fixes the shadow rendering bug(a long line shaped shadow that seems to trail infinitely away from any source of light).
The MRCO sight placed on the CMR-76 is placed too far back.

Pistols and SMGs actually make quite a bit more of a racket than long rifles do. A shorter barrel means more unburned propellant and higher exit pressure, making shorter guns sound quite loud. Indeed, the pistol sounds in A3 are completely wrong. A pistol is usually very loud, even a .22 plinker requires ear protection when fired indoors, nevermind a .45ACP. The Protector is very short, but on the other hand, 5.56mm has quite a bit more propellant than 9mm. All in all, the best way to settle it would be to go to a firing range and check (I'd gladly do it, if I had a proper firing range anywhere near me).

Bullet speed should also be a considerable factor.

Dont know how authentic is this. It lists the 9mm twice as loud as the .308.

i know probably off topic.

Is there away to implement the RHS afg and vfg on the bipond attachment.

Via script or addon??

I second this, would be great to be ale to add this kinda stuff to standard weapons. However I did notice if you added a grip to the RHS M4 it changed the class name to 'weapon_name_grip' while without the grip it's just 'weapon_name'.

I second this, would be great to be ale to add this kinda stuff to standard weapons. However I did notice if you added a grip to the RHS M4 it changed the class name to 'weapon_name_grip' while without the grip it's just 'weapon_name'.

That's because RHS solution is switching models , that's why it changes whole rifle and its classname and it does not work on the fly like A3 proxy attachments

Bullet speed should also be a considerable factor.

Dont know how authentic is this. It lists the 9mm twice as loud as the .308.

This looks broadly accurate, though I'd argue with a few things. I don't know what kind of .22 rifle they used, but it's not that loud. My .22 experience is mostly with small sporting rifles and they definitely weren't anywhere near the threshold of pain. Somewhere between chainsaw and a lawn mover, I'd say. Then again, it's hard to compare a sharp, short sound to a continuous one, so maybe I underrated it.

I can't remember the exact type of rifle I used most of the time (it was a bog-standard single-shot sporting rifle), but I also put quite a few rounds downrange from a TOZ-17:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOZ-17

These two sounded similar and were quiet enough not to require ear protection, even on an indoors range.

Fixed: Horizontal zeroing of the ERCO sights has been tweaked to make them more precise

Aiming with it is now easier but still sight itself isn't aligned properly

http://imgur.com/a/QUSl9

also can you please put the original stock of the Spar17 back? because for some weird reason it was changed to use the Spar16 stock

and LIM-85 - the original variant > http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/armedassault/images/8/82/LIM_85_5.56mm.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160608183353

• Like 2

I noticed the AK12 has a 2 shot fire mode which fires much faster than full auto. Is this realistic? I would expect that different selective fire modes have the same rate of fire, only differ in the number of rounds fired.

Please, for the love of Christ, fix this Bohemia:

82B4B2B78B43BCF6EC4194344A369A7721023D00

This is one of the main optics in the game for CTRG (guess the canon of it being a CSAT optic is done then?) and, just like RCO and ERCO, it has massive fucking finger print smudging (how'd that get on there through those thick ass gloves?) that makes it impossible to use in these new jungle conditions. Please, nobody ever touches the glass on their optic. This shit is disgusting and doesn't add any "realistic" or "lived in" value to the optic, it just makes these scopes useless. Almost every time I spawned I found myself switching to iron sights because they haven't been fat fingered by a particularly greasy neckbeard.

Nobody wants this

I noticed the AK12 has a 2 shot fire mode which fires much faster than full auto. Is this realistic? I would expect that different selective fire modes have the same rate of fire, only differ in the number of rounds fired.

It's intentional and realistic. 

• Like 1

that burst fire mode is a feature of the AK-12 (and several other russian rifles like the AEK series, AN-94 etc)

Is this part of Dev branch or being caused by a mod-when i have a laser attached I can now switch between IR and then 2 visible laser beams-one red one green. It's not like with ACE where there is a visible dot-this is a think red beam activated by pressing lctrl and L.

Something new on Dev?Or being caused by updated CBA?

• Like 1

Is this part of Dev branch or being caused by a mod-when i have a laser attached I can now switch between IR and then 2 visible laser beams-one red one green. It's not like with ACE where there is a visible dot-this is a think red beam activated by pressing lctrl and L.

Follow your own advice mate, turn off mods and try again ;)

• Like 1

VME has a visible laser like this, so maybe it's that.

Follow your own advice mate, turn off mods and try again ;)

I know-i just thought it might be a new feature-that would save me turning off and on about 60 mods.

I dont know why i even posted that..Sorry.I was at a wedding "celebrating" ;)

I know-i just thought it might be a new feature-that would save me turning off and on about 60 mods.

I dont know why i even posted that..Sorry.I was at a wedding "celebrating" ;)

In the launcher, open the drop-down menu next to the "play" button and select "play without mods". :) That's exactly what it's for.