solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

Suppressor is probably the easiest thing to do - it is just a cylinder with holes :D

current 6.5 suppressor mimics the old AAC Scar17 suppressor which was long but that was due of the rifle itself to suppress it properly

still dunno why BIS didn't went with the OSS suppressors , they look futuristic and they been made for the HK

• Like 2

Suppressor is probably the easiest thing to do - it is just a cylinder with holes :D

current 6.5 suppressor mimics the old AAC Scar17 suppressor which was long but that was due of the rifle itself to suppress it properly

still dunno why BIS didn't went with the OSS suppressors , they look futuristic and they been made for the HK

It's almost as easy as dragging the top proxy back a few inches!! :D

It's almost as easy as dragging the top proxy back a few inches!! :D

Have you seen AK12's bipod proxy? somebody did it backwards  :lol:

• Like 2

Have you seen AK12's bipod proxy? somebody did it backwards  :lol:

It would appear that in their haste to push APEX out on their roadmap date, in 2 days time, they're cutting out lots of the standard, and essential stuff that should have been quick fixes.

• Like 2

ERCO does not glow in the dark like RCO, ARCO and MRCO

• Like 2

So whats the story with APEX weapons and modded attatchments?Do we need to wait for official release before we can use stuff like FHQ attatchments or Massi addons? or Robert Hammers amazing suppressors I use on everything that will take them...?Or do the weapons need to be configured by mod makers themselves?( I'm not great on this stuff-thats why I ask :) )

• Like 1

well somehow the type115 was deemed the only gun deserving of suppressor love.

• Like 2

YES I've been saying this for ages (more or less anyway)

• Like 1

Is there any particular reason that the ERCO cannot be mounted on the MX rifles? Also the NATO (pacific) marksman has a khaki MXM without a scope on it. Ditto to NATO Pacific Squad Leader and Team Leader and the Sniper(!)

Is there any particular reason that the ERCO cannot be mounted on the MX rifles? Also the NATO (pacific) marksman has a khaki MXM without a scope on it. Ditto to NATO Pacific Squad Leader and Team Leader and the Sniper(!)

This is most likely due to CBA-ASDG Joint Rails not being updated for Apex yet, using a CBA pre-JR integration/not using it will allow you to mix Apex attachments with pre-Apex weapons just fine.

In the Campaign, the holo sight is in white hot with no reason at all.

Still needs a lot of work for sure, some materials heat up with the barrels even though they should have nothing to do with them. Ex. bipods, optics, EGLM.

Why is the rpg-7 so weak? It takes 4 hits to destroy a hummingbird.

Why is the rpg-7 so weak? It takes 4 hits to destroy a hummingbird.

The vanilla hummingbird is toast after one straight hit from the RPG-7 AT round.

Can't reproduce on my end.

Cheers

Plugged barrels:

CAR_95_muzzle.png

SPAR_16_muzzle.png

LIM_85_muzzle.png

LIM-85 quality right now:

LIM_85_quality.png

Zafir quality which was added in 2013:

Zafir.png

How it should look. (SPMG quality which was added with Marksmen DLC)

SPMG.png

Also most weapons have no sonic echoing. SPARs feel like bb guns with zero sonic boom.

• Like 7

@ Ãœ83R - really plugged barrels ? that bothers you that much ? you want to see a chamber through that barrel or something? - this is mostly how it is done in the LP models , it is nothing new 

Zafir and SPMG aren't baked models (HP baking to LP) but LIM-85 is - http://i.imgur.com/4Lil5Sm.jpg and if it doesn't look good as on renders then it can be the texture compression , shaders or settings fault

• Like 3

Just compared the LIM with other weapons in first person, seems to be on par with the other weapons in comparison.

http://imgur.com/a/Zx4Cc

Cheers

It looks really terrible : D I have no idea how that got through QA. The rounds on Zafir box are more HQ than on LIM and SPMG rounds have the correct shape.

If you look through the ironsight with any weapon in the game and then use ironsight on LIM to see how bad the quality is.

On a side note SPAR rifles also suffer from bad quality texture on the ironsights.

That's why I wrote "on par", heh. :yay:

But now that you say it I can't unsee it.

The type 115 is especially weird on the textures.

About QA there's a few things that shouldn't be in the RC.

I usually ask myself: What do I want to happen and what do I NOT want to happen before releasing something.

Usually gets rid of most unwanted stuff.

Cheers

@ Ãœ83R - really plugged barrels ? that bothers you that much ? you want to see a chamber through that barrel or something? - this is mostly how it is done in the LP models , it is nothing new 

Zafir and SPMG aren't baked models (HP baking to LP) but LIM-85 is - http://i.imgur.com/4Lil5Sm.jpg and if it doesn't look good as on renders then it can be the texture compression , shaders or settings fault

All I want is a non reflective black texture at the muzzle so the barrel looks like it should in real life. I don't need to see down the barrel simply make the hole black like the rest of Apex weapons.... Now light reflects off it and it looks unrealistic. SPAR is okay I guess but CAR-95 and LIM-85 muzzles arent great.

Not really sure what you mean with baked etc I'm no modeler. All I can see is low res textures, edgy corners, blocky belt cartridges and overall uglyness with LIM. Looks barely better than Arma 2 SAW.

IMO the only descent and fun weapons to use in vanilla are Marksmen DLC ones. They are the only ones that live up to modern gaming standarts. They sound great and look great.

Why must Arma players settle for low fidelity crap in 2016? I didn't mind as much the low fidelity textures up close in Arma 2 and even when OA came out. But now with Arma 3 the novelty of the series is slowly wearing off because of stability issues, same old legacy issues, character clipping, clunkyness, AI, performance, player interaction, general quality among million other things that havent been fixed for over 15 years. Makes you notice all the little things more when your start to lose patience with the game. Love the concept and ambition, hate the execution...

XM 25 was show in preAlfa images

http://www.imfdb.org/images/1/18/Arma3_xm25.jpg

As KSG 12

http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Lighting_2.jpg

Or M4 bernelli in the first E3

http://www.imfdb.org/images/f/f5/Arma3_-BenelliM4.JPG

IMO the type 115 12,7 should be rechambered to a 20mm like the Chinese prototype (ZH 05) or to a 12 gauge shotgun and allow to put diferent ammo.

If is a 20mm, AP, HE and may buckshot. If is 12 gauge, buckshot, slug and may HE ammo.

As it look modular, they also can made diferent versions with nothing under the gun, a Granade luncher and the 20mm/12 gauge version in the future.

Wait they were going to put the KSG into the game or they are going to!

Here I am again Bohemia, its release date and the SPAR 16 magazines still dont visually have bullets in them (and dont tell me its that hard, because look at the Protector 9mm magazine) Also the MP5 (Protector 9mm) when Im using the iron sights on it, my thumbs is in the way of the iron sights so I cant use them and I have to use red dot sights or scopes instead of iron sights! That is all. Thank you off to Apex I go!

• Like 1

Here I am again Bohemia, its release date and the SPAR 16 magazines still dont visually have bullets in them (and dont tell me its that hard, because look at the Protector 9mm magazine) Also the MP5 (Protector 9mm) when Im using the iron sights on it, my thumbs is in the way of the iron sights so I cant use them and I have to use red dot sights or scopes instead of iron sights! That is all. Thank you off to Apex I go!

We'd like to eventually fix the bullets. In most cases, it really isn't that hard, and we like our guns neat. ;) Actually, even some of our older weapons deserve some love in this matter. However, we decided to leave these lower-priority tweaks for after Apex release to conserve time for more urgent fixes and to avoid any unnecessary tinkering with data shortly before release. It usually destroys the universe and whatnot, you know. :)

• Like 8

I made a feedback ticket about the ERCO misalignment during the early days of the dev branch: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117830

Taken today, it affects all weapons including the SPAR, TRG, Mk 20, and LIM. As on other sights, the Iron sight still represents the correct point of aim at least horizontally.

Considering that this issue basically makes a new optic equipped as standard on CTRG's weapons useless it affects gameplay fairly seriously when you can't use the weapon accurately beyond 300m without adjusting to the left (which you shouldn't have to do!!!)

F00DACBB8BCB4A811B7038175ACDF67186B89899

AK-12 used for demonstration. 5.56 has different ballistics to 7.62 AK and the ERCO is not suitable for use on such weapons but it demonstrates the problem

B968D3F23261D7483C3D471471DBA3A4A6CDFA23

Using the TRG-21 full-length bullpup rifle. 500m tatger using the 500m BDC Marker

B7F51398B4702DCD318717712E06486D6E5848CF

All of them go to the right. Ignore the high ones, I didn't take it off automatic

I can also post more pictures using the SPAR, Mk20, and LIM for further proof if desired

What the flying fuck BIS? I made that ticket literally a month ago, why is this not fixed?

• Like 2