solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

Surely the guy who retracted the SPR 16 stocks could have also quickly shifted the scope slot?

• Like 2

this has properly already been mentioned, but last i checked out APEX (about a week ago) I noticed that the SPAR 17 forehand placement was.. lets say illogical, for the length of the weapon. hopefully it will get addressed before launch.

• Like 1

As much as I enjoy seeing you toddlers bicker over who is being a meany and who isn't, don't you think there's more appropriate places for that sort of thing?

You know, like a thread that isn't a feedback thread that the devs will look through hoping for usable feedback.

Judging by what hasn't been fixed I doubt they've made it off the first three pages of feedback, let alone onto page 12 or 13. I'm sure they'll get a good laugh out of it eventually. 

Is it only me, or is the reload of the AKM and the AKSU really fast?

Yeah, extremely fast and not very realistic. Part of it is definitely the fact that the guy rips the magazine out of the magwell without rocking it out, which takes a long motion out of the reload and therefore shortens it a good bit. Needs to be corrected and slowed down. 

Surely the guy who retracted the SPR 16 stocks could have also quickly shifted the scope slot?

Do you mean Probad? I could be wrong, but I doubt that's anything more than a photoshop, which sucks because he really improved the aesthetic of the SPAR-16 tenfold with his improvements. 

Judging by what hasn't been fixed I doubt they've made it off the first three pages of feedback, let alone onto page 12 or 13. I'm sure they'll get a good laugh out of it eventually. 

Yeah, extremely fast and not very realistic. Part of it is definitely the fact that the guy rips the magazine out of the magwell without rocking it out, which takes a long motion out of the reload and therefore shortens it a good bit. Needs to be corrected and slowed down. 

Do you mean Probad? I could be wrong, but I doubt that's anything more than a photoshop, which sucks because he really improved the aesthetic of the SPAR-16 tenfold with his improvements. 

no I meant extending the stock, not the texturing, it would have take 30 seconds to move a proxy!!

Blackbomber200 I doubt Robert was being an ass regards to what you want in Game. I also cannot say how long you been playing Arma 3 or know BIS. But like Robert I share the opinion BIS does enough to get by. Which isn't to say always the best approach. Case point Community has ad nauseam asked for Shotguns since Alpha. Here we are almost 4 years down the line give or take and no Shotguns. You have more chance at this stage getting pregnant then getting that. My humble opinion pay a modder to make some bang sweet modern Semi Auto and full Auto Shotguns.

Reading the issue with the sights too far forward. Again not sure if and when it will be fixed. Not sure if Robert wish for a Forehand grip for the SPAR 17 will get added-again a no brainer when you see the hand placement and the weapons length. Realistically its off. Basically we rant and if it gets fixed...awesome if not well no skin off BIS'es teeth. Not like we matter. Sorry that is just how things are in Arma 3 land.

Ive been playing Arma since about Arma II and into OA and didn't start playing Arma III until the first time Arma III went on sale, and in my personal experience playing Bohemia games, Ive always found Bohemia to be very fair and take into consideration the community feedback and do so more than Call of duty or Battlefield and Halo. They have always respected and cared for their community. As for a paying a modder? No never in a million years will I pay anyone to make a mod for me, Id rather continue to buzz in the developer's ears until they put a shotgun into the game. I trust in Bohemia to take their community's feedback and put into the game what they can.

I agree. This is an issue that should be fixed and it really reminds me of CoD MW2 back when they used 20 round magazines that magically held 30 rounds and had nothing inside of them (hey, like the Katiba!!) Would like to see this issue fixed ASAP. Don't really care about shotguns anymore, but I would like to see the XM25 back in the ggame. 

Well I just like shotguns, but that's just me. Speaking of the XM25, that reminds me of the XM8. I would like to see them put in a more futuristic updated XM8 into the game, but then again that's just me.

i think feedback should be limited to more reasonable requests else this is just going to turn into a fantasy wishlist

• Like 3

Since we can't access the ebo's - could a dev tell me what rvmat setting the Hk416 use for specularity, meaning

specular[]={?,?,?,?};
specularPower=?;

and what RGB values the _SMDI map has in 1) a place with normal black paintcoat  2) a place with chipped painted / bare metal  3) plastic stock

it would would help with tuning my own textures/rvmat for a similar look / achieving coherency.

• Like 1

You couldn't give us shortened suppressors for the Spars????

Please all you have to do is shorten the current model and you have a new and more liked suppressor.

Also with the LIM isn't the recoil insanely good being its a machine gun? i mean it has less recoil than the spar16?

;

• Like 2

That's because the SPAR is only half the weight... LIM is heavy but it only spits out 5.56s, it's not going to buck around.

As long as the weight affects fatigue and manuvarability of the weapon then its alright but if it doesnt then that's one hell of an advantage

• Like 1

i think it's unfortunate the flashbang is featured so prominently in the apex cinematics yet it's not part of the actual arsenal.

• Like 1

Finally the GL on AK12 is fixed
but the hand anims look really weird , mainly from the first person view
http://imgur.com/a/aiU7f
also when you attach a laser or flashlight to the side , the hand clips through it - did i mention that the AK12 is like chrome plated right now? it's really shiny which it shouldn't be
btw why the SPAR17 uses the SPAR16 stock?! if i remember correctly the SPAR17 used a different stock when it first came out

please do not take their original parts away , like you did with LIM-85 ... - when you really want that "stupid" grip pod there , at least make a variant without it and use the original bipod that was on the weapon before

Has the CAR-95 GL view point bug been fixed?

They been broken? so far they look fine to me in the latest dev

Did they fix ERCO bullet path being to the right of the ballistic reticle ?

• Like 1

They been broken? so far they look fine to me in the latest dev

They're fixed now, I just tested.  The characters head was blocking part of your view when using the GL on the CAR95.

• Like 1

Still not fixed the sight proxy position for the the SPR16s :(

Well I just like shotguns, but that's just me. Speaking of the XM25, that reminds me of the XM8. I would like to see them put in a more futuristic updated XM8 into the game, but then again that's just me.

XM 25 was show in preAlfa images

http://www.imfdb.org/images/1/18/Arma3_xm25.jpg

As KSG 12

http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Lighting_2.jpg

Or M4 bernelli in the first E3

http://www.imfdb.org/images/f/f5/Arma3_-BenelliM4.JPG

IMO the type 115 12,7 should be rechambered to a 20mm like the Chinese prototype (ZH 05) or to a 12 gauge shotgun and allow to put diferent ammo.

If is a 20mm, AP, HE and may buckshot. If is 12 gauge, buckshot, slug and may HE ammo.

As it look modular, they also can made diferent versions with nothing under the gun, a Granade luncher and the 20mm/12 gauge version in the future.

• Like 3

XM 25 was show in preAlfa images

http://www.imfdb.org/images/1/18/Arma3_xm25.jpg

As KSG 12

http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Lighting_2.jpg

Or M4 bernelli in the first E3

http://www.imfdb.org/images/f/f5/Arma3_-BenelliM4.JPG

IMO the type 115 12,7 should be rechambered to a 20mm like the Chinese prototype (ZH 05) or to a 12 gauge shotgun and allow to put diferent ammo.

If is a 20mm, AP, HE and may buckshot. If is 12 gauge, buckshot, slug and may HE ammo.

As it look modular, they also can made diferent versions with nothing under the gun, a Granade luncher and the 20mm/12 gauge version in the future.

I'm sure it was mentioned before, the reason for no pump action type shotguns, was down to the animations, although I'm curious as to what purpose they'd actually serve in the game, as shotguns are mostly used for CQB/Breaching, unless the game engine supports "breaching" by shotgun, then they're really only there for aesthetic reasons, and not practical.

I'd much rather they sorted the top proxy slot for the SPR16's what with only 4 days to release!!

• Like 1

Probably even more critical is the default configuration for the SPAR-16 GL seems to be with the EGLM sight up, which makes less than sense when you stow it.

EDIT: this seems like it was fixed with the latest patch

• Like 2

I looked a peek at the config for the "50 BW", presumably .50 Beowulf...

hit = 22;

airFriction = -0.0012;

typicalspeed = 550;

initspeed = 580;

Are these just random placeholder values? Looks like it  :huh: airFriction should be at least twice as much, and the hit value surely not more than 14... if that. Same with 7.62x39: hit = 11, airFriction = -0.001. Too much hit, too little airFriction.

I just want them to get rid of that ridiculously long 6.5 suppressor they have and replace it with something proper and shorter. Seriously it looks ugly as sin on the new SPARs. I suggested this a million times before. It's stupid because they still have that 6.5 suppressor on most of the 7.62 marksmen weapons and it clips through the barrel.

• Like 9

I just want them to get rid of that ridiculously long 6.5 suppressor they have and replace it with something proper and shorter. Seriously it looks ugly as sin on the new SPARs. I suggested this a million times before. It's stupid because they still have that 6.5 suppressor on most of the 7.62 marksmen weapons and it clips through the barrel.

Cannot agree more, a few new suppressors for each calibre are definitely required. Hell I'd make them for BI if I knew how to model but I don't haha 

• Like 2