solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

Well , when they didn't have a time doing a actual 7.62x51 belt , then they could easily do the caseless 7.62x51 - which is just a black cylinder heh

as for the AK-12 7.62x39 mag - that mag has some issues too :P

The new AK-12 magazine is a bit weird but to me it seems a lot more plausible to hold 7.62mm rounds than the old one, so I'm happy.

The image you linked to is cased telescoped ammunition, caseless ammunition probably has similar dimensions though. I think CT ammunition would fit right in with the game setting.

Well , when they didn't have a time doing a actual 7.62x51 belt , then they could easily do the caseless 7.62x51 - which is just a black cylinder heh

as for the AK-12 7.62x39 mag - that mag has some issues too :P

7.62 caseless - is still larger in diameter -> still requires adjusting of all related bits of the weapon, belt and mag. So unless you want to live with distorted textures on the model ,model and texture have to be all redone. The fact that you only noticed it due to somebody telling you speaks (imo) volumes about the importance of this issue.

For the AK mag even more so (imo).

i feel like the textures on most fo the apex weapons seem oddly over compressed. i dunno. it really makes it obvious compared to some other weapons. i feel like they would look a lot better without this slightly pixelated look. it's kind of really apparent that they are made by a certain artist who seems to have a slightly different way of exporting the textures or something. might be my eyes playing tricks on me but i kind of remember arma (or rather texview or rather the paa conversion tool) having this problem but can't remember the workaround,

that being said, overall i love them.

• Like 2

AK-12 GL is still broken - sight doesn't move and also the hand is obstructing the GL view

Have they shifted the slot for the optics yet? (too far forwards) ? My update is still downloading, it says it will be ready by 2016, that's not the time, it's the year!!

The Protector 9 mm cannot be equipped with a flashlight or laser pointer though it has these attachment rails on the side.

• Like 4

It seems like some of the new weapons are a little overpowered. I don't talk about the .50 underbarrel gun but about the CAR-95 series. The CAR-95 uses the 5.8x42 mm round. In reality this round is pretty similar in weight, muzzle velocity and kinetic energy to the 5.56x45 mm round.
In Arma this round feels more like the 6.5x39 mm Grendel which is not correct.
I tested the CAR-95, the SPAR-16, the TRG-21 and the MX multiple times on targets with different armor and different ranges. The SPAR-16 is like the other 5.56x45 mm weapons as far as damage goes. But the CAR-95 is pretty similar to the MX series and the Katiba.

Is it just me or are some of the new weapons lacking the weapon "tail" sounds after firing that is present in normal A3 weapons?

• Like 2

Is it just me or are some of the new weapons lacking the weapon "tail" sounds after firing that is present in normal A3 weapons?

I believe most of the weapon sounds are placeholders atm. Or if not, they're still working on them. 

Does anyone know if the SPAR 17 will get the UGL attachment?

Does anyone know if the SPAR 17 will get the UGL attachment?

LOL - you kidding right? Grenade Launcher on 20" DMR rifle  :lol:

• Like 3

i'd sooner want to see a cut down spar-17 than a ugl attachment though.

• Like 1

Indeed. SPAR-17 should have the same selection of variants (maybe minus the SAW one) as SPAR-16. Its advantage is that it's not a plinker like SPAR-16 (seriously, 5.56mm sucks in the latest version, it can take 4 shots to take down a modestly armored enemy), while being otherwise based on the same SPAR platform.

Also, I'd really like a "Jungle CTRG" version of MAR-10. Its got a nice "Arid CTRG" camo variant that doesn't look that bad with the urban unifrom, but for jungle it's a bit desaturated.

• Like 1

G3 is a different story because G3 was the German's army main rifle a long time before G36 , that's why they used GL version of it

but nowadays you won't find a rifle that got a 20" barrel with a GL for a good reason ;)

i'd sooner want to see a cut down spar-17 than a ugl attachment though.

Short Spar-17 would be nice to see but most likely won't be because they would need to model those parts , mainly the short handguard

unlisted change in the latest patch fixes spar stock length but messed up the ak-12 holding pose that its supposed to have fixed :lol:

i agree with the earlier posts that spar-16 optics are mounted too far forward, it's passable for stuff like the erco but it's absurd for all the other scopes.

and khaki spars should really get stocks in green too. if only we could get a vanilla silencer at a reasonable length then it would be perfect.

SPAR-17s have wrong textures on the stock as of today's DevBranch update. Occurs in all three colour variants.

20160630200819_187u73.jpg

20160630200828_1jruzj.jpg

Last time I checked those things weren't even common when Germany used the G3 as it's standard issue rifle. That being said, the HK417 is specifically a DMR in every military in which it's employed, even the one in ArmA. This means that nobody's going to be putting an underslung GL on it in any situation.

unlisted change in the latest patch fixes spar stock length but messed up the ak-12 holding pose that its supposed to have fixed :lol:

i agree with the earlier posts that spar-16 optics are mounted too far forward, it's passable for stuff like the erco but it's absurd for all the other scopes.

and khaki spars should really get stocks in green too. if only we could get a vanilla silencer at a reasonable length then it would be perfect.

I wish they would've just changed the holding animation rather than extending the stock, but oh well. 

You think the ERCO looks passable? I think that's one of the optics where it's most noticeable. It's just blatantly obvious with all magnified optics that the mounting position is wayyy too far forward. 

LOL - you kidding right? Grenade Launcher on 20" DMR rifle  :lol:

Captain Obvious here SCAR H with UGL. What I meant was its a 7.62. HK 417 with a UGL all exist in real life. I am not aware of roadmap with weapon tweaks as they still haven't adjusted that SPAR weapons butt stocks to touch the shoulder. Model editing still to happen. LIM had Foldable Bipod one day next it had a Grippod. That is what i meant perhaps its planned or not? If we talking realism you don't even get an under barrel .50 attachment. Being now all technical and all.

I just read now they fixed weapon Butt lengths and people asking for 417/ SPAR 7 variations.

I wish they would've just changed the holding animation rather than extending the stock, but oh well.

You think the ERCO looks passable? I think that's one of the optics where it's most noticeable. It's just blatantly obvious with all magnified optics that the mounting position is wayyy too far forward.

well i'd personally liked a more compact pose for the spar-16 too instead of an extended stock since we're supposed to be jungle fighting here but i guess we're gonna be stuck with this.

erco i can accept some bs about advanced optics with extremely long eye relief but some of the scopes have eyecups and that's just impossible to handwave away. ideally the mount will be moved backwards.

• Like 1

Captain Obvious here SCAR H with UGL. What I meant was its a 7.62. HK 417 with a UGL all exist in real life. I am not aware of roadmap with weapon tweaks as they still haven't adjusted that SPAR weapons butt stocks to touch the shoulder. Model editing still to happen. LIM had Foldable Bipod one day next it had a Grippod. That is what i meant perhaps its planned or not? If we talking realism you don't even get an under barrel .50 attachment. Being now all technical and all.

I just read now they fixed weapon Butt lengths and people asking for 417/ SPAR 7 variations.

Yes, you can attach the GL to anything but in the real combat you won't see the ScarH with the UGL , same with Hk417 - main reason is the weight , .308 rifles are always quite heavy and the GL makes them even more front heavy

I am always for more variants because when you already got the parts you can do them quite easily , 5-10min work /at least with SPAR16s/

well i'd personally liked a more compact pose for the spar-16 too instead of an extended stock since we're supposed to be jungle fighting here but i guess we're gonna be stuck with this.

That change with the stocks was worth it imho , because it doesn't look like a pistol brace and works like a actual stock now
  • Like 1

Yes, you can attach the GL to anything but in the real combat you won't see the ScarH with the UGL , same with Hk417 - main reason is the weight , .308 rifles are always quite heavy and the GL makes them even more front heavy

I am always for more variants because when you already got the parts you can do them quite easily , 5-10min work /at least with SPAR16s/

That change with the stocks was worth it imho , because it doesn't look like a pistol brace and works like a actual stock now

Don't get me wrong: the change is worth it, but it still would've been nicer to see them rework the stance rather than lengthen the stock. I want the see the stock touch the shoulder, but I would've liked to see it in the most compact position so that the rife's as short as possible. Does it matter that much? Not really, but you know, to me it does a little more than it should. 

• Like 1

I prefer it with the stock, since it already looks like the hand is really close to the shoulder. Any closer and it would probably be uncomfy.

• Like 1

I prefer it with the stock, since it already looks like the hand is really close to the shoulder. Any closer and it would probably be uncomfy.

That's true , there is reason why the stock is collapsible instead being fixed , you know

short closed stock is only used when you are not using it , like in vehicles etc

shooting an ar15 with the stock collapsed is very uncomfortable and awkward , reason is the pistol grip being too close to your body , unless you are a small thin person or wearing a thick body armor